“Stealthing”

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: “Stealthing”

Post by Captain Bonez »

What kind of fucking idiot would do that anyway and run the risk of having a kid?!

*shudder
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Brody wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:26 am
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:16 am
rozzieoz wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:48 am Please no advice. This is not a problem that I need a man to solve.
No lectures on how I conduct my social life please.
:please:
But thats exactly what ur doing here, ur original post
Guys here’s a question for you.
asking for advice and telling us guys we need to discuss our sex life with our friends..
It’s something that men need to talk about. A lot of guys do it and they need to hear men saying it’s not okay.
Richard, the OP was strictly about the event, and whether it constituted sexual assault and what she should have done about it....then things started to veer into how she goes about choosing friends/acquaintances/sex partners, which is what she was objecting to.

She, and rightly so, was broaching this subject of "stealthing" and suggesting that it is a worthwhile conversation to have as men, either with yourself or among your brethren.

In a vacuum, one guy may think it's no big deal...whereas if he had a chat with or knew the thoughts of other males in general about this topic it might shed some light on the error of his thinking.
So will u be meeting up with ur mates and discuss wither u bagged or didn't bag the girls you sleep with?

count me OUT

PS: i hate condoms, always have
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Whether you hate them or not is irrelevant. If you agree to wear one you need to wear it.

Which is why I always have the conversation long before anyone gets to the bedroom
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:43 am So will u be meeting up with ur mates and discuss wither u bagged or didn't bag the girls you sleep with?

count me OUT

PS: i hate condoms, always have
Richard, I wasn't speaking about what I will be doing...I was pointing out how your reply to her was idiotic and missed her point entirely.

Richard, every single time I engage with you on this forum... I come away with fewer brain cells than I had before.

I think I'm finally going to have to put someone on "ignore".

Thanks for the PS about hating condoms...we were all dying to know that.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Rozzie,

If he wanted to go bare when you both previously agreed that he must wrap it up, then he should've said something before getting down to business. He agreed to wear a condom and therefore should at least pay for you to get tested.

I wouldn't say that stealthing is rape, but he should be held accountable for breaking the rules you established. It's definitely breaking the trust between the two of you. Let's put it this way: you had a great time with ol dude. You guys are tipsy and ready to get sweaty. You two head over to your place and tell him that you can't get off unless you ram his ass with a 12in strap on dildo. He says no, but after a hit or two of poppers, you give him some of that action. Do you think he's just gonna let it go and pretend it never happened? Nope. He's gonna make sure you pay for stretching his butthole and taking his manhood away. There isn't much you can do about it in Cambodia besides publicly shame him.

I wasn't told anything as a teenager regarding stealthing. Sexual education for boys is a lot different. As crazy as it may sound, my dad never said anything about rape. If anything, a rape or two turn a boy into a man smh. Weird culture.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

Spigzy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:27 am
rozzieoz wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:43 am Some guys suck.
I get a feeling it wasn't with one of those guys... :color

Back on topic, shitty thing to do, unacceptable.

Without wanting to 'pass the buck', this is however something I feel that some guys, when boys, don't get educated from their mother which I find weird as it comes back to bite other women, badly. I pretty distinctly recall my mother sitting me down in my teenage years and giving an earful about what is OK, and what is not OK once you reach "that age" - no means no, etc. Father's input would be more along the lines of "get yourself out there!". Now my talk with my own son would be different, but I'd still hope it would be something his own mother would also educate.

I'm not saying that a guy shouldn't know this just from being a decent human being - if you buy a pack of meat from the grocery store wrapped in cellophane and the cashier stealthily took it off whilst you were loading up the checkout, you'd be pretty pissed off & ask the cashier what the hell they were trying to pull. Crap analogy maybe, but you'd be miffed on any interaction where the other party suddenly changes the deal - it just makes them an untrustworthy asshole, in business, in relationships and in between the sheets.
That's a rubbish analogy. As for questioning the parents, this is an adult male the OP is referring to. This isn't a subject you can blame parents for not giving advice. It is clearly a bullshit thing to do and 'my mother didn't explain it to me when I was 16' is zero excuse. The guy is clearly a twat and almost certainly does this type of thing all the time, it isn't an accident. What a cunt.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Sexual assault is defined as any non-consensual sexual activity.

I did not consent to unprotected sexual activity. He absolutely knew this.

If I ever see him again I will call him out on it and demand $80. Hopefully he will be surrounded by people he’s trying to impress.

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I’m glad I posted this, as difficult as it was. This is a really good discussion.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

GMJS-CEO wrote:He will just say it’s an accident. Doesn’t mean she shouldn’t report it.

At least she won’t willingly hook up with him again.
How can you say it's an accident? Condoms don't just slip off...

Not that it's totally relevant, but is the girl in question a working girl? I suspect they're more likely to encounter such behaviour. Either way, it's pretty despicable, and I don't quite get it myself. As buddy above mentioned, risk of STD or pregnancy wouldn't be worth it to most, but I've known more than few weirdos.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic