Older Gay Men

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Older Gay Men

Post by stevenjb »

Assuming that the participants of CEO have traveled beyond Cambodia, and have experienced various cultures. Which country, Cambodia, Thailand, Philippines would be advantageous for an older gay man (late 50's) to meet another gay man (not young men) for possible dating / relationship?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Older Gay Men

Post by AndyKK »

Always "hope" but never "expect".
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

AndyKK wrote:
Interesting vid - my mother was a legal alien - Englishwoman in the USA.
angkorjohn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn »

I'm no expert on the subject but have plenty of gay friends, although I must say like their straight counterparts they do like younger models here. There are a few gay friendly and gay hotels, Arthur and Pauls and the Rambuttan chain might be a good place to visit for a swim to get the lay of the land. I guess it all depends on what you are after and if it is reciprocated, the dating game is hard enough wherever you are and whatever your sexuality.

some tips here

https://theculturetrip.com/asia/cambodi ... -cambodia/

good luck

edit - as I say there is certainly an openly and diverse gay scene here as detailed in the link so at the very least you easily meet people
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

angkorjohn wrote:I'm no expert on the subject but have plenty of gay friends, although I must say like their straight counterparts they do like younger models here. There are a few gay friendly and gay hotels, Arthur and Pauls and the Rambuttan chain might be a good place to visit for a swim to get the lay of the land. I guess it all depends on what you are after and if it is reciprocated, the dating game is hard enough wherever you are and whatever your sexuality.

some tips here

https://theculturetrip.com/asia/cambodi ... -cambodia/

good luck

edit - as I say there is certainly an openly and diverse gay scene here as detailed in the link so at the very least you easily meet people
Awesome, thanks for your response!
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

Rice or potato?

If 'potato' it's Thailand.

In case of the former, I'd say Thailand and the Philippines due to larger populations increasing your chance.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

Josh_76 wrote:Rice or potato?

If 'potato' it's Thailand.

In case of the former, I'd say Thailand and the Philippines due to larger populations increasing your chance.
Rice or potato.

Haven't heard that in a while. Pretty open to the food group!
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

As the older folks tend to not be so out/visible/extrovert, you'll need to try to find someone online, I'd say, but try the well known gay places anyway.

Also, Cambodia has struck me as being the most conservative country in the region when it comes to anything remotely sexual.
bangkokhooker
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by bangkokhooker »

theres a gay hotel in shv and a gay bar called oga.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

A few gay-friendly hotels and bars in Temple Town as well.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic