Certificate of residency.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Certificate of residency.

Post by StroppyChops »

Barang chgout wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:20 pmSadly Pursat, where no one knows how to deal with barang....
Sure they do. You poke them, and money falls out - same as the rest of Cambodia.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

StroppyChops wrote:
Barang chgout wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:20 pmSadly Pursat, where no one knows how to deal with barang....
Sure they do. You poke them, and money falls out - same as the rest of Cambodia.
But they have had so little practice with their pokers.....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Just got my residency certificate..the landlord organised it all and it was done in 2 days but $50 seems a rip off. :x
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:14 am Just got my residency certificate..the landlord organised it all and it was done in 2 days but $50 seems a rip off. :x
$50 is indeed a ripoff - it's supposed to be free, but the majority of us end up paying $20 as the unofficial cost of greasing the wheels. But now you have the document, the pain of the cost will pass, and you can move on to the next step of being ripped off.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Barang chgout wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:54 am
StroppyChops wrote:
But they have had so little practice with their pokers.....

Have you got any where with obtaining your certificate of residentsy?

To other posters, about costs, yes the certificate is indeed free cost to obtain. But all know it may be that the end result is not so. Personally mine was a easy process talking 30 minutes or so, with the police filling in the paperwork, going to the photocopiers and so on. I just sat down answering a few questions. Presented with the original certificate, they keep the copy. Paid 10.000reil for good services.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Yes mate. Took a photo from here and had it copied and printed a few times. Showed it to to ministry of commerce guy and he said it would be fine. Now just a trip to see the local cops and get them to fill in the blanks and stamp it.
Cheers for your concern. Hope you are having a productive trip.

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I queried the landlord re the $50 and he said he thinks the sangkat need more to pay for the upcoming election campaign...hmm....but has offered to pay half.
cannabistourist
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by cannabistourist »

Is the difficult to scan and print ? Who is going to check anything... ? With a good sample I will do my own !
ONLY MONKEYS THINK THAT I AM NOT LIVING IN CAMBODIA BECAUSE I USE VPNs and PROXIES.
Sorry but I do not reply to idiots, especially the old ones.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Barang chgout wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:03 pm Yes mate. Took a photo from here and had it copied and printed a few times. Showed it to to ministry of commerce guy and he said it would be fine. Now just a trip to see the local cops and get them to fill in the blanks and stamp it.
Cheers for your concern. Hope you are having a productive trip.

That is good news to hear. Trip is good thanks.
clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:08 pm I queried the landlord re the $50 and he said he thinks the sangkat need more to pay for the upcoming election campaign...hmm....but has offered to pay half.
If your landlord wasn't registered, you may have nailed him to 10% tax. But paying half is good enough.
cannabistourist wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:16 pm Is the difficult to scan and print ? Who is going to check anything... ? With a good sample I will do my own !
Do you mean to copy it and take it to the sankat? Or just make your own just in case someone asks.
If your a resident being here for 182 days or more your supposed to have one. Police also keep a copy.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

This one Image

[Image rotated by Admin :thumb: ]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic