Certificate of residency.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
offroadscholar
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Certificate of residency.

Post by offroadscholar »

StroppyChops wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:57 am Another thing to consider - the property must have been registered at the sangkat AND the building tax paid up to date AND the lease registered BEFORE the sangkat will issue the residence document. If your landlord is an important person and any part of the requirements are not met, it's easier for the sangkat to tell you it's not possible. We ended up paying to have the lease registered ($30) on the previous place just to move things along, but didn't feel obliged to give the landlord a copy of the registered lease.
Yes, get to the landlord through the weaker link, the tenant.
All part of the move to collect more fees/taxes.
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:I've obtained 3 Certificate of Residences, from 3 different Sangkats. Sangkats are authorised to issue these...all it is not a document confirming that you have been registered as living at the address from date A to date B.

The Sangkat are required to provide the details of registered foreigners residing in their Sangkat to the DoI.

Certificate of Residency is different from a Residency Permit (Carnet de Residence). The Sangkat are also responsible for the issuing of these, not the DoI.
Same. All received within an hour with a minimum of fuss.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:09 pm For those having trouble...go to Pyramid Translation, they have the format and can fill in your details and provide with the required number of copies...take to Sangkat for them to stamp and thumbprint...they'll be happy because you've already done the work for them.
Good point - if the sangkat prepares the document for you, check the translation carefully. My previous certificate caused mass confusion because someone at some point in the process said I worked for the embassy, and that made it onto the draft document (you need to give a reason for needing the document). No-one from the sangkat was prepared to touch it after that as they're terrified of embassy involvement, and it took a while for me to notice what the problem was.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I obtained one not too long ago, the same as Stroppy's. It should be good for two years I was told.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Barang chgout wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:02 am Living in the middle of nowhere sometimes presents small challenges.
I'm wanting to get a residency cert. from my sangkat but they have never issued one before and don't know what it looks like. They say they are happy to fill one out for me but want me to come up with a copy of the document so they can just fill in my name/ address and stamp it.
Been looking for an old one i got in Sinville when I opened a bank account, but can't find it.....
Could anyone provide a pro-forma or a copy ( obviously with private details deleted) so I can sove my problem?

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk
It's KK provence where you live? Can you not obtain the RC from KK town?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:For those having trouble...go to Pyramid Translation, they have the format and can fill in your details and provide with the required number of copies...take to Sangkat for them to stamp and thumbprint...they'll be happy because you've already done the work for them.
Excellent thanks.

Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

Ingvar 7788 wrote:Here is my version.
I made it a couple of months to obtain a new driver license. It took about one week and cost $20.

This is residency cert.? If so thanks.

Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

AndyKK wrote:
Barang chgout wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:02 am Living in the middle of nowhere sometimes presents small challenges.
I'm wanting to get a residency cert. from my sangkat but they have never issued one before and don't know what it looks like. They say they are happy to fill one out for me but want me to come up with a copy of the document so they can just fill in my name/ address and stamp it.
Been looking for an old one i got in Sinville when I opened a bank account, but can't find it.....
Could anyone provide a pro-forma or a copy ( obviously with private details deleted) so I can sove my problem?

It's KK provence where you live? Can you not obtain the RC from KK town?
Sadly Pursat, where no one knows how to deal with barang....

bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

imagine a :newbie: going thru this clusterfuck when old timers alr had so much trouble, versions, routes, so just let newbies earn their dues, if they can survive thru all these clusterfuck then they truely deserve land of wonder :D, not mean that OP is newbie, but newbie who r reading this
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

^
This.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic