Jobs

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Jobs

Post by taabarang »

The Cambodia that the long stay expats know is a has been, just one step above a never has been destination. The dream is dead, it only lives in the minds of misinformed people who crave a Shangrila away from the daily grind.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
urban.gd99
Tourist

Post by urban.gd99 »

taabarang wrote:The Cambodia that the long stay expats know is a has been, just one step above a never has been destination. The dream is dead, it only lives in the minds of misinformed people who crave a Shangrila away from the daily grind.
So will I make it working or end up selling a kidney

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

Yup, unfortunately.

Next stop?
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

taabarang wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:42 am The Cambodia that the long stay expats know is a has been, just one step above a never has been destination. The dream is dead, it only lives in the minds of misinformed people who crave a Shangrila away from the daily grind.

OP could be getting himself into a world of shit.
Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jimmy Crow »

I know a really high end bar who would hire you ? Are you handsome? What is your age? And last but not least are you a flaming homosexual ? The last part is a requirement for the job !
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:26 am
taabarang wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:42 am The Cambodia that the long stay expats know is a has been, just one step above a never has been destination. The dream is dead, it only lives in the minds of misinformed people who crave a Shangrila away from the daily grind.

urban.gd99
Tourist

Post by urban.gd99 »

that genius wrote:Yup, unfortunately.

Next stop?
Just need some advise I'm coming next week

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jimmy Crow »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:54 am
I am very white. How about the hotels and restaurant s do they hire americans
sure
for $300/month or maybe double
but you can't get a work permit for that action
forget about it
Come on franky ,give the guy some hope and stop being so negative.
Everyone is equal. Everyone has a place. No one is written off, because there is worth and goodness in every life... That is the Republican ideal. And if we won't defend it, who will?
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Kuroneko wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:01 am
Beerinthemorning wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:26 am

Jimmy Crow
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jimmy Crow »

frank lee bent wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:21 am first up, it is Cambodia.
about the only work is teaching English.
you probably need a tefl certification, and locals are very racist, so being white helps.
Disagree fully,their are jobs for qualified foreigners who actually have real degrees and are skilled in certain sectors,for the average joe :stir: ,English is always the only option,if your a skilled proffessional in let’s say ,banking,mining,architecture,hotel management etc their are options ,I find it funny that you can only Percieve the world as you know it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic