Latest position on 1yr visa?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
kennzo
Expatriate
Great Britain

Latest position on 1yr visa?

Post by kennzo »

So when me and Mrs Kennzo get back from UK after Xmas my 1yr visa will have expired and I need to obtain the same again.
I'm not working in Cambodia, but married to a Khmer lady so ideally need another 1yr visa.

Anyone have recent experience of this following all the changes, or any recommendations where I can go?

Many thanks

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

I tend to sleep in the nude. Which isn't a bad thing except for maybe on those long flights.

www.kenedgar.com
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Latest position on 1yr visa?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

general-chatter/well-what-can-say-t16160-10.html

Or try for an ER (retirement) EOS if you're not too young.
kennzo
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by kennzo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:general-chatter/well-what-can-say-t16160-10.html

Or try for an ER (retirement) EOS if you're not too young.
Thanks for the info.
I'm 50yrs, still working, just not in Cambodia.
I'll keep posted on here with any updates/success for future reference.

I tend to sleep in the nude. Which isn't a bad thing except for maybe on those long flights.

www.kenedgar.com
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Then definitely try for the ER EOS, if the first agent says cannot then shop around. Don't mention that you're still working though.

Failing that, go for the 12 mth EB EOS if you have a Cambodian marriage cert.
kennzo
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by kennzo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:Then definitely try for the ER EOS, if the first agent says cannot then shop around. Don't mention that you're still working though.

Failing that, go for the 12 mth EB EOS if you have a Cambodian marriage cert.
Yes I have legal Khmer wedding certificate so looks like EB EOS is the way to go.
Many thanks again.

www.kenedgar.com
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

was told by a long term expat last week Lucky gave him a form he had to get stamped by the brit embassy for his retirement visa. Seems to be some confusion over age as he is 50 and got it, previously i was told it was 55 but Lucky told said today you have to be 60 and you need this form stamped by your embassy saying you do not work and have enough income. The manager said its easier for europeans but they are more strict on some other nationalities.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Never had a problem , just applied for my ER a month ago No questions asked and it arrived a few days later But then again I am very old :D
Jasper
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Jasper »

Kuroneko wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:06 pm Never had a problem , just applied for my ER a month ago No questions asked and it arrived a few days later But then again I am very old :D
How old is 'very old'?!

I'll be 54 at the end of May and if I decide to stay in the KOW, I might give the ER EOS a try.
Milk was a bad choice
kennzo
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by kennzo »

Kuroneko wrote:Never had a problem , just applied for my ER a month ago No questions asked and it arrived a few days later But then again I am very old :D
Who with, Lucky Lucky?

www.kenedgar.com
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Just chatting to a mate from PP, he got his first 12 mth ER EOS last year at age 42 with no supporting documentation, last week he applied for another 12 mth ER EOS with no supporting documentation as his current one is due to expire, he received it today, no questions asked, no problems.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic