JB weld

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

JB weld

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Where to buy? A similar product of good quality would also do the job.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Luigi
Expatriate

Re: JB weld

Post by Luigi »

If you are in SHV the Timken Bearing store on Eakreach has a few different two part epoxies.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Hometop used to have it in PP
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Timken bearing store? I missed that one. Where?

I'm not sure if the WURTH German store on Ekereach has it, but they sell quality German products, but are $$$. The hardware store just past the Samadura intersection/light on the west side of the street has Alteco Quick-Epoxy two part "steel." Most other hardware stores carry it also. From personal use I don't believe its a good as JB weld.

I wish we could get Belzona "super metal" as I believe its much better than JB Weld, but its commercial grade and very $$$$ I've used that on parts on big ships and its amazing. I've used JB Weld for non-commercial applications and it not as strong as Belzona.

I used Belzona "super metal" on the output side of a shipboard firepump. (emergency repair in the middle of Alaska until one could be flown in.) It held pressure over 150psi of seawater. Tough stuff. I heard a story from the distributor of Balzona that the US Navy used it on the chipped main reduction gear for the main propulsion on steam powered cruiser size warship. That's some serious HP/torque. The company web site shows some interesting repairs.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

frank lee bent wrote:Hometop used to have it in PP
Hometop don't seem to sell DIY materials anymore, just a pretty useless selection of lighting/ furniture.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

SM mwrote;

''Timken bearing store? I missed that one. Where?

As coming from downtown twrds Vic Hill on right just past the arroyo that floods every hard rain. Has a huge warehouse.

TIMKEN BEARING sign above entrance. Deceptive as to what treasures lie within.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

FYI just picked some up at Home Top. Pleasant surprise.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

Is the Timken store past Pizzana and before the Vietnamese embassy? In that area? Always looking for a good hardware store. Will have a look tomorrow.
Luigi
Expatriate

Post by Luigi »

Sailorman wrote:Is the Timken store past Pizzana and before the Vietnamese embassy? In that area? Always looking for a good hardware store. Will have a look tomorrow.
Yes. Pizzana side of street. So much more than a hardware store. No specific auto parts but belts, hoses, lighting, heat shrink tubing. Much hydraulic hose & fittings. etc etc. Some ships chandler items as well.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I never noticed the Timken sign. I've bought a bunch of parts there. Owner not to helpful in finding things though, but they do have stainless steel. Machine shop next door is a dump and filthy, but if cleaned up it would be a nice shop.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic