Protein powder and Bcaa's Siem Reap

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Protein powder and Bcaa's Siem Reap

Post by HappyChappy »

People!!!!! I found the "lounge around chatting shit to people while drinking" job I was looking for, but I need to get into a gym routine and finding these supliments cheap is just NOT happening. PLEASE can someone help????
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Protein powder and Bcaa's Siem Reap

Post by DaveG »

http://www.angkorinterfitness.com

Not cheap though,

Also Angkor Market on Road 6,
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Try these guys: https://nutritiondepot.com.co/collections/all ... looks like they deliver to Siem Reap.

Is there a Bayon supermarket in Siem Reap yet? They stock some protein powders in the Phnom Penh stores that is decent enough & a sensible price point.

Pro-tip!

Infant Formula : Whey Protein (100g)

Calories - 517 : 450
Protein 14g : 25g
Carbs 52g : 12g
Fat 28g : 10.5g

Saturated fat 14g : 6g
Polyunsaturated fat 9g : 0g
Monounsaturated fat 2.3g : 0.1g
Cholesterol 8mg : 330mg
Sodium 224mg : 330mg
Potassium 598mg : 450mg
Dietary fiber 0g : 0g
Sugar 34g : 9g

Throw some berries & and egg into the blender with the infant formula and you've got yourself a winner! (that sugar level though ...!)

#NotSerious
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Chao Sang Hok on Tep Vong were probably the cheapest https://www.facebook.com/chaosanghoksiemreap/
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Be grateful if you would answer my questions here.

Is this "powder" supposed to make you fat or thin ? Are food and exercise no longer enough to make you fit and healthy ?
:rave:

Or are these "products" designed for people with specific health problems and nutritional needs?
Just not sure what the point is.
Signed curious. Thanks all. :?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Spigzy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:35 pm Try these guys: https://nutritiondepot.com.co/collections/all ... looks like they deliver to Siem Reap.

Is there a Bayon supermarket in Siem Reap yet? They stock some protein powders in the Phnom Penh stores that is decent enough & a sensible price point.

Pro-tip!

Infant Formula : Whey Protein (100g)

Calories - 517 : 450
Protein 14g : 25g
Carbs 52g : 12g
Fat 28g : 10.5g

Saturated fat 14g : 6g
Polyunsaturated fat 9g : 0g
Monounsaturated fat 2.3g : 0.1g
Cholesterol 8mg : 330mg
Sodium 224mg : 330mg
Potassium 598mg : 450mg
Dietary fiber 0g : 0g
Sugar 34g : 9g

Throw some berries & and egg into the blender with the infant formula and you've got yourself a winner! (that sugar level though ...!)

#NotSerious

Then top it all off with some test and you look like Hulk Hogan's brother.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Anchor Moy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:22 pm Be grateful if you would answer my questions here.

Is this "powder" supposed to make you fat or thin ? Are food and exercise no longer enough to make you fit and healthy ?
:rave:

Or are these "products" designed for people with specific health problems and nutritional needs?
Just not sure what the point is.
Signed curious. Thanks all. :?
Usually protein powder is used by folks with an active lifestyle - lending more towards bodybuilding than jogging - with the aim for larger muscle mass. It IS absolutely attainable with the right food & nutrition plan, however that can become extremely tedious. For instance an Olympic swimmer would usually go through 10,000 calories a day (that's no typo). Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is on what 6,000 calories a day to maintain his size? To obtain that number of calories via boiled chicken & broccoli would be a heck of an ordeal, hence the creation of condensed nutrition in the form of a 'protein' shake (they actually contain fats, carbs & vitamins/minerals along with the protein) to make that more palatable & a quick "go to" rather than a 15 minutes chewing ordeal.

I can take myself as an example for you - whilst going to the gym and generally wanting to pack on a bit more weight (unusual for these parts I know), I found my healthy diet simply wasn't giving me enough calories per day to sustain growth, I leveled out around 83kg even on an increased diet. I'm 43, 6ft, yet I burn 0.7-1kg every single night in my sleep; this may seem magical to those wanting to lose weight, but my metabolism makes it hard for me to hit the 85kg mark that I'm aiming for. Rather than sitting eating a sad bowl of chicken & rice in a plastic pot between meals at my desk, I will plough through a protein shake to get the extra calories. So my basic diet covers my 3,000 calories that I need to maintain where I am roughly, and a cheeky shake will help me add on a little bit of weight each month (we're talking a couple hundred grams tops) by being used exactly for what it is a "supplement".

Protein powder by itself will do bugger all for your health if you don't have the right exercise & solid nutrition; it is after all, a supplement, not a replacement.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
j57
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by j57 »

the supplements are for skinny guys who want to go to the gym and lift weights and pack on muscle...
it is more of a look than actual strength ....
i sure don't blame them.
but, typically they over work their upper body and look buff and huge and have spindle legs....
sure beats the days of steroids....
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by HappyChappy »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:58 pm Chao Sang Hok on Tep Vong were probably the cheapest https://www.facebook.com/chaosanghoksiemreap/
Dude I'll check it out but based on the suggestion but their pictures show no protien powder or bcaa's ill be amazed if they stock them. But I need a cheap supermarket anyway!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic