Printer or printing house?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Printer or printing house?

Post by StroppyChops »

I need to print off some manifest documents (possibly around 30 pages) for customs, along with a few other legal documents that need to be in signed hardcopy for Australian requirements.

I'm trying to decide between buying a small inkjet or laserjet printer and just taking the work to a printing house. I won't have huge ongoing needs for printing, but the convenience of having it on hand is appealing.

Any pros/cons to using a print shop? idea on prices?

Recommendations on where to buy a printer?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
GUS
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Printer or printing house?

Post by GUS »

most places that offer internet will print at a very resonable rate- In kampot i pay less than 12c a page for printing and less than 2.5c for photo copies.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

GUS wrote:most places that offer internet will print at a very resonable rate- In kampot i pay less than 12c a page for printing and less than 2.5c for photo copies.
Good to know - thanks.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

StroppyChops wrote:I need to print off some manifest documents (possibly around 30 pages) for customs, along with a few other legal documents that need to be in signed hardcopy for Australian requirements.

I'm trying to decide between buying a small inkjet or laserjet printer and just taking the work to a printing house. I won't have huge ongoing needs for printing, but the convenience of having it on hand is appealing.

So you are telling me at your age and with your God like qualifications you don't know whether you should purchase a printer or outsource?

Wow. Talk about posting for the sake of a +1.

But let's see how obvious the answers are.

Pros of using print shop.

No outlay on hardware or paper

Cons of using print shop

Security concerns
Having to go there
Having to negotiate price
Quality control

Now the pros of earning 6 figures for decades as quoted by StroppyChops previously is that a $30 ink jet printer shouldn't dent his monthly budget too much.

Who's the douche?

But the way GUS 2.5c for a photocopy is way too much.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Digg3r wrote:So you are telling me at your age and with your God like qualifications you don't know whether you should purchase a printer or outsource? Wow. Talk about posting for the sake of a +1.
Does it bother you that I'm in your head so much? Brother, you're the only one - the ONLY one - who goes on the attack to this degree on this forum. I thought we sorted this?
Now the pros of earning 6 figures for decades as quoted by StroppyChops previously is that a $30 ink jet printer shouldn't dent his monthly budget too much.
You're right, I'm wrong. Whatever you need.
Who's the douche?
Well, me, clearly. I'm still not sure why I'm in your head this much, but I'm happy to wear it if that's what you need to get through your day. Peace.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

StroppyChops wrote:I need to print off some manifest documents (possibly around 30 pages) for customs, along with a few other legal documents that need to be in signed hardcopy for Australian requirements.

I've had a few books printed here, costs vary according to colour usage, but a rough guide is 500 riel per single sided colour page and 100 riel black and white. A 96 page book (B&W) that I had printed and bound cost me 9080 riel.

The big negative for me has been getting a damn virus or trojan on my USB stick almost every time. I've had to reformat it a couple of times to get rid of the crap it picked up. The joint I use most changed hands recently and they seem to have gotten rid of the viruses now.

Hope that helps.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Joker Poker wrote:Hope that helps.
It does, thanks. Given my home storage, I'm really cagey about introducing anything to my network that might be virussed, so this tells me what I need to know. Yes, my AV is up to date, but the risk is not worth it to me at the moment as my cloud backup is not quite up to date and my backup drives are still in transit.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

StroppyChops wrote:
Digg3r wrote:So you are telling me at your age and with your God like qualifications you don't know whether you should purchase a printer or outsource? Wow. Talk about posting for the sake of a +1.
Does it bother you that I'm in your head so much? Brother, you're the only one - the ONLY one - who goes on the attack to this degree on this forum. I thought we sorted this?
You're right, I'm wrong. Whatever you need.
Who's the douche?
Well, me, clearly. I'm still not sure why I'm in your head this much, but I'm happy to wear it if that's what you need to get through your day. Peace.
Regarding your post in the divorce thread. Uncalled for. You opened the can of worms, deal with it.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

Digg3r wrote:

So you are telling me at your age and with your God like qualifications you don't know whether you should purchase a printer or outsource?

Wow. Talk about posting for the sake of a +1.

But let's see how obvious the answers are.

Pros of using print shop.

No outlay on hardware or paper

Cons of using print shop

Security concerns
Having to go there
Having to negotiate price
Quality control

Who's the douche?

But the way GUS 2.5c for a photocopy is way too much.
Wow... you've got it bad for stroppy. Anyway, the answer to this is "how much will you use it?" I bought a laserjet and the thing has about a quarter inch of dust on it most times...
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Digg3r wrote:Regarding your post in the divorce thread. Uncalled for. You opened the can of worms, deal with it.
Whatever you need, brother. Peace.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic