Only two blank pages for visa remaining

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
User avatar
BklynBoy
Expatriate
Posts: 761
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:11 am
Reputation: 292
United States of America

Re: Only two blank pages for visa remaining

Post by BklynBoy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:33 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:28 pm
BklynBoy wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:12 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:18 pm
Hello,

This is kind of urgent since I am returning to Cambodia tomorrow. I have only two blank pages left in my passport. Will I have trouble getting a visa at the border?

There is still plenty of space on other pages for stamps. It's just that for complete, blank pages I have only two.

If anyone knows about this please let me know. (Seems like a small issue but prefer not to have any hassle.)
I had a similar issue . I think was 2017. The year they had the election ? I had to renew my visa and the woman who usually does it said they couldnt do it because not enough pages. Honestly, i dont remember but think i had 2 pages left. However the days landed, I was screwed because she told me ihad to make an appointment w/ the US embassy and they were closed afew days and obv each passing day was 5 or 10 bucks. My friend suggested to do what he did. He used a steamer and they "fell off" . I was too uncomfortable to do myself so I went by his house and did what we did.

I then went to a different agency . Somewhere on Riverside.I think near street 130. I kept the visas that " fell off" just in case but it worked. I got a new passport when I returned to NY
legally that is defacing ur passport> I've had a few Cambodian visas "fall "off the pages , trouble is they all have red stamp that goes across the bottom right corner of the visa onto the page
I took to stabling in the Cambodian visas, even when they fell off, nobody would stamp on that page
....I used to read some countries they said you should have exact change for visa on arrival. Maybe it was Myanmar,
There are NO tourist VOA's for Burma
I am aware of the legality. Ihad to get it done.. I kept the visas just in case because they " fell off" . I agree about the stamp issue and wasnt sure how would play out. Thats why i kept the visas but I didnt have an issue. It worked and when returned home I got new passport. It is not something I would do again but i did it and it worked. Its possible that it wouldnt work again but it is what it is. I was just sharing my experience. Having said all that, I was nervous when returning to the shop to pick up my passport. I didnt know ifthey would return my passport and say couldnt do it or even worse.
My friend did it and he helped me so it did work. All it takes is one time for it not to work and then possibly abig issue
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 11085
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 2380
Tokelau

Re: Only two blank pages for visa remaining

Post by Anchor Moy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:35 pm

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:28 pm
Cambodian Immigration policy is that you require a minimum of 3 blank pages in your passport in order to apply for Visa on Arrival, although this usually isn't an issue unless they don't like the look of you/colour of your skin.

It's always best to have the exact change for your VOA, but change is given (slowly)...make sure you check your VOA and change in front of the Immigration officers before walking away from the VOA counter.

You're not a very well prepared traveller are you :stir: :lol:
Thanks Kiwi. I didn't know about the 3 page rule, but assumed that 2 pages would be enough to get stamped in and out.
As you say, it probably won't apply, but good to know. :beer1:
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Posts: 336
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:43 pm
Reputation: 59
Nepal

Re: Only two blank pages for visa remaining

Post by daeum_tnaot » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:48 pm

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:28 pm
Cambodian Immigration policy is that you require a minimum of 3 blank pages in your passport in order to apply for Visa on Arrival, although this usually isn't an issue unless they don't like the look of you/colour of your skin.

It's always best to have the exact change for your VOA, but change is given (slowly)...make sure you check your VOA and change in front of the Immigration officers before walking away from the VOA counter.

You're not a very well prepared traveller are you :stir: :lol:
Hmmm... well I hope the two pages is not an issue. Generally immigration like me.

Re: change, I gave all my small money to my partner when she went back to Cambodia. All I have left is VN dong and $100 dollar bills.

I guess I have gotten so relaxed after all this time!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Posts: 336
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:43 pm
Reputation: 59
Nepal

Re: Only two blank pages for visa remaining

Post by daeum_tnaot » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:50 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:28 pm
BklynBoy wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:12 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:18 pm
Hello,

This is kind of urgent since I am returning to Cambodia tomorrow. I have only two blank pages left in my passport. Will I have trouble getting a visa at the border?

There is still plenty of space on other pages for stamps. It's just that for complete, blank pages I have only two.

If anyone knows about this please let me know. (Seems like a small issue but prefer not to have any hassle.)
I had a similar issue . I think was 2017. The year they had the election ? I had to renew my visa and the woman who usually does it said they couldnt do it because not enough pages. Honestly, i dont remember but think i had 2 pages left. However the days landed, I was screwed because she told me ihad to make an appointment w/ the US embassy and they were closed afew days and obv each passing day was 5 or 10 bucks. My friend suggested to do what he did. He used a steamer and they "fell off" . I was too uncomfortable to do myself so I went by his house and did what we did.

I then went to a different agency . Somewhere on Riverside.I think near street 130. I kept the visas that " fell off" just in case but it worked. I got a new passport when I returned to NY
legally that is defacing ur passport> I've had a few Cambodian visas "fall "off the pages , trouble is they all have red stamp that goes across the bottom right corner of the visa onto the page from the Chef of visa
I took to stabling in the Cambodian visas, even when they fell off, nobody would stamp on that page. Past few years they seem to use a stronger glue
....I used to read some countries they said you should have exact change for visa on arrival. Maybe it was Myanmar,
There are NO tourist VOA's for Burma

There used to be VOAs in Burma. It may have been Laos as well.
I have only two blank pages left in my passport. Will I have trouble getting a visa at the border?

There is still plenty of space on other pages for stamps. It's just that for complete, blank pages I have only two.
Usually when they give you a full page visa they place the entry stamp on the page opposite the visa. SO ur going to need ask them with a smile to please stamp another page for ya.

I think that should be fine.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Posts: 336
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:43 pm
Reputation: 59
Nepal

Re: Only two blank pages for visa remaining

Post by daeum_tnaot » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:51 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 11085
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 2380
Tokelau

Re: Only two blank pages for visa remaining

Post by Anchor Moy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:59 pm

daeum_tnaot wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:51 pm
Thanks everyone for your replies!
Ok. And welcome to Cambodia ! Let us know if you make it through. I'm sure it will be a breeze. :D
BR549
Expatriate
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:44 pm
Reputation: 188
United States of America

Re: Only two blank pages for visa remaining

Post by BR549 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:06 am

You can't break a $100 in Vietnam?
Then, change the leftover Vietnam money into Riel?
Maybe you pay a dollar fee. But, you don't have a change issue...
I know how you feel.
I got to Siem Reap last summer after 36 hours of flights and did not have enough to pay for my tuk tuk.
The dudes at the window were loaded with fat wads of cash and they helped me out.
I needed $92us change...oops.
I wish they could just put the visa extension page over an old expired one...
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Posts: 336
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:43 pm
Reputation: 59
Nepal

Re: Only two blank pages for visa remaining

Post by daeum_tnaot » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:46 am

I was surprised when the immigration guy at the Vietnam side tried to make me pay for an exit stamp. He asked for 50k dong. I just said it's not necessary to pay for an exit stamp.

However, I had removed a staple from one of the pages in my passport. Big mistake as one of the Cambodian visa pages had come loose. Then it seems like the Vietnamese border guy took revenge by 'disappearing' the loose visa page. On the Cambodian side they asked about it but I said it must have been lost on the Vietnamese side.

They didn't make any issue about having only two pages in the passport.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arget, caknoris, dirtymacca, hburns, Spigzy, timmydownawell and 228 guests