I need a piece of tin...

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 340
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: I need a piece of tin...

Post by pczz » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:00 am

epidemiks wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:57 pm

Driving licences might be different.

I changed over registration on my car in September and the entire street out the front was filled with fixers. I sat in the car while they did the work and drove away with the completed papers an hour later. I went back to renew my licence a month later and they were still on the street before the entrance.
So how much did the fixer charge for the car reg? Did you have to take the original owner with you? there is always a lot of confusion about this so it would be nice to know
epidemiks
Expatriate
Posts: 1384
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:56 pm
Reputation: 355
Australia

Re: I need a piece of tin...

Post by epidemiks » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:38 am

Yes I had previous owner and the fixer was known to him. Having the previous owner there for reg transfer was part of the deal when we bought the car. Total cost including the transfer, inspection / 'roadworthy check', and the road tax for 2018 was $150 iirc. Not actually sure what the breakdown of each is. Have heard it could be done for $120 though I think it would vary with different makes/models and engine capacity.

Navigating the licence renewal without a fixer was simple enough, but time consuming. Happy to pay for assistance for more complex things like reg transfer. In out done.

CNM do it for ~$200, without the previous owner, I think.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 340
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: I need a piece of tin...

Post by pczz » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:37 am

epidemiks wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:38 am
Yes I had previous owner and the fixer was known to him. Having the previous owner there for reg transfer was part of the deal when we bought the car. Total cost including the transfer, inspection / 'roadworthy check', and the road tax for 2018 was $150 iirc. Not actually sure what the breakdown of each is. Have heard it could be done for $120 though I think it would vary with different makes/models and engine capacity.

Navigating the licence renewal without a fixer was simple enough, but time consuming. Happy to pay for assistance for more complex things like reg transfer. In out done.

CNM do it for ~$200, without the previous owner, I think.
Thanks useful info. A friend has been trying to get it done without the original owner and its proving very difficult. $250 is the best quote he got and they cannot guarantee they can swing it.
User avatar
soup
Expatriate
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:56 am
Reputation: 53
Andorra

Re: I need a piece of tin...

Post by soup » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 am

epidemiks wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:38 am
Yes I had previous owner and the fixer was known to him. Having the previous owner there for reg transfer was part of the deal when we bought the car. Total cost including the transfer, inspection / 'roadworthy check', and the road tax for 2018 was $150 iirc. Not actually sure what the breakdown of each is. Have heard it could be done for $120 though I think it would vary with different makes/models and engine capacity.

Navigating the licence renewal without a fixer was simple enough, but time consuming. Happy to pay for assistance for more complex things like reg transfer. In out done.

CNM do it for ~$200, without the previous owner, I think.
Do you mind telling me what CNM is?
User avatar
bolueeleh
Expatriate
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
Reputation: 803
Location: anywhere with cheap bonks

Re: I need a piece of tin...

Post by bolueeleh » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 am

soup wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 am

Do you mind telling me what CNM is?
https://www.facebook.com/cnmcambodia/
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
User avatar
soup
Expatriate
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:56 am
Reputation: 53
Andorra

Re: I need a piece of tin...

Post by soup » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:38 pm

bolueeleh wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 am
soup wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 am

Do you mind telling me what CNM is?
https://www.facebook.com/cnmcambodia/
I don't do fuckbook or used car dealers. Thanks anyway.
User avatar
bolueeleh
Expatriate
Posts: 4440
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
Reputation: 803
Location: anywhere with cheap bonks

Re: I need a piece of tin...

Post by bolueeleh » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:35 pm

wow, now i know
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 340
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: I need a piece of tin...

Post by pczz » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:41 am

soup wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:38 pm
bolueeleh wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 am
soup wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 am

Do you mind telling me what CNM is?
https://www.facebook.com/cnmcambodia/
I don't do fuckbook or used car dealers. Thanks anyway.
I agree about fuckbook but used car dealers do this all the time and will do it quicker, more reliably and cheaper(usually cos thye have a relative in the department). otherwise try a visa agent or lucky then and pay twice as much to call the used car dealer and pay him to do it for them! up to you
User avatar
soup
Expatriate
Posts: 446
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:56 am
Reputation: 53
Andorra

Re: I need a piece of tin...

Post by soup » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:48 am

pczz wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:41 am
soup wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:38 pm
bolueeleh wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 am
soup wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 am

Do you mind telling me what CNM is?
https://www.facebook.com/cnmcambodia/
I don't do fuckbook or used car dealers. Thanks anyway.
I agree about fuckbook but used car dealers do this all the time and will do it quicker, more reliably and cheaper(usually cos thye have a relative in the department). otherwise try a visa agent or lucky then and pay twice as much to call the used car dealer and pay him to do it for them! up to you
I got a quote from Lucky for 120 and, supposedly CNM is 200. I'll stick with Lucky. Thanks
Barang chgout
Expatriate
Posts: 2939
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:36 am
Reputation: 629

Re: I need a piece of tin...

Post by Barang chgout » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:16 am

soup wrote:
bolueeleh wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:39 am
soup wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 am

Do you mind telling me what CNM is?
https://www.facebook.com/cnmcambodia/
I don't do fuckbook or used car dealers. Thanks anyway.
I take it you realise that fuckbook is a teal thing and is quite different to facebook....

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Doc67, hiway5, Spigzy, SternAAlbifrons and 110 guests