Need a cleaner ASAP

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
User avatar
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate
Posts: 3488
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm
Reputation: 706

Need a cleaner ASAP

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:34 am

Hi,

Anyone know of a cleaner available? Bit of a dirty job. Cleaning a house+stairwell. It would be nice if the cleaner had his/her own equipment (brooms, scrubbers etc). I'd be willing to pay 10$ for a days work (I assume that's a decent offer?). Probably a short job too. Maybe 3-4 hours though I might keep them longer to make sure everything is good.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 9:04 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: Phnom Penh
Australia

Re: Need a cleaner ASAP

Post by Mrs Stroppy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:46 pm

BKL, I'll PM you.
Using Tapatalk
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: Need a cleaner ASAP

Post by vladimir » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:58 am

Mrs Stroppy, I think he should pay you more, you have a lot of experience from looking after Stroppy chops.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
flying chicken
Expatriate
Posts: 1559
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 5:51 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Need a cleaner ASAP

Post by flying chicken » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:45 am

I was going to recommend Dag for this gig, but he has a habit of going through drawers to sniff people's underwear.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate
Posts: 1322
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 am
Reputation: 6

Re: Need a cleaner ASAP

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:19 pm

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Hi,

Anyone know of a cleaner available? Bit of a dirty job. Cleaning a house+stairwell. It would be nice if the cleaner had his/her own equipment (brooms, scrubbers etc). I'd be willing to pay 10$ for a days work (I assume that's a decent offer?). Probably a short job too. Maybe 3-4 hours though I might keep them longer to make sure everything is good.
Lately I have been wondering if someone knows a cleaning lady who already has steady work but is willing to work sort of freelance. Once in a great while, myself and Mrs. Sir_Q get pretty busy with work and our home starts to look kind of messy. There is no schedule to when this may happen. There have been a few times where we have just wanted to have a cleaner we could call up to come over and do a full clean. We would provide everything needed.

If I could find a lady that fits this role. is $5 per hour of cleaning fair. I am thinking that a 2 hour session should leave our place spotless. So 10$ per session? Let me know if this is too low. Not worried about it being 1$ too high.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
User avatar
Duncan
Sir Duncan
Posts: 8151
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
Reputation: 2332
Location: Wonder Why Central

Re: Need a cleaner ASAP

Post by Duncan » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:01 pm

The one thing I have learned about cleaning lady's is, they dont clean unless they are over 50 years old . The young lady I asked to clean my stairway and floor a few weeks ago, promptly lay on the bed and turned on the tv. 10 minuets later I thought she was getting a mop, cleaning rags and a bucket of water in the shower. I was wrong, she came out with a towel wrapped around her, and left 3 hours later with nothing cleaned. Got to admit though, she must have had some experience at cleaning cause she knew how to create an amazing strong vacuum without using the vacuum cleaner.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Rama
Expatriate
Posts: 575
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 1:31 pm
Reputation: 58

Re: Need a cleaner ASAP

Post by Rama » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:21 pm

Never used them, but Ming Hour advertise on the side of their new futsal covered pitch a home cleaning service with a team of people who'll come and give your place a once over:
http://minghourservices.com/Site/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; And I quote from thier home page "Ming Hour Home Services is an ILLEGIBLE company in Cambodia that provides quality and experienced cooker, nanny, cleaner, ...service to all sorts of clients from households to businesse"

There slogan is cool too "We Are Your Hands"
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate
Posts: 1322
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 8:32 am
Reputation: 6

Re: Need a cleaner ASAP

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Rama wrote:Never used them, but Ming Hour advertise on the side of their new futsal covered pitch a home cleaning service with a team of people who'll come and give your place a once over:
http://minghourservices.com/Site/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; And I quote from thier home page "Ming Hour Home Services is an ILLEGIBLE company in Cambodia that provides quality and experienced cooker, nanny, cleaner, ...service to all sorts of clients from households to businesse"

There slogan is cool too "We Are Your Hands"
fuck did you just write? lol
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
reflexline
Tourist
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:41 pm
Reputation: 4

Re: Need a cleaner ASAP

Post by reflexline » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Sir Quality - The girlfriend does this for a living. She works mainly in the north of the city and charges 6 dollars for 2-3 hours work. Can send you her details if interested.
Mrs Stroppy
Expatriate
Posts: 553
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 9:04 pm
Reputation: 1
Location: Phnom Penh
Australia

Re: Need a cleaner ASAP

Post by Mrs Stroppy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:25 pm

vladimir wrote:Mrs Stroppy, I think he should pay you more, you have a lot of experience from looking after Stroppy chops.
Oh, I'm much too expensive.... No, I was sending through the details of my cleaner!
Using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Chad Sexington, Cowshed Cowboy, daeum_tnaot, Kammekor, Rama, Twatwaffle and 149 guests