motor got damaged while parking

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 8142
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 1126
Location: the far side of the moon
Aruba

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by phuketrichard » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:04 pm

sean lim wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:48 pm
phuketrichard wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:22 pm
bvanfossen wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:48 am
Sry to hear about your Moto. And to other poster $5k of damage is easily done. That's just what the exhaust cost here in the USA for it.

OP, do you have Moto insurance?
:please:
BS:::
why would the exhaust cost 1/3rd the price of a new bike?? :stir:
US prices;
2018 Ducati Panigale 959 Specifications
Model Type Sport
BASE MSRP(US) $15,395.00
http://www.motorcycle.com/specs/ducati/ ... e/959.html
its East Asia bro

nearly $30,000 in cambodia with full Tax

and full Exhaust cost over 6k dollor
yea i know ( SE Asia not east asia) but look at what he said
$5k of damage is easily done. That's just what the exhaust cost here in the USA for it.
I posted prices for Thailand
I'd love a ducati BUT would Never buy one for use over here
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
beaker
Expatriate
Posts: 825
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 am
Reputation: 84
Location: Ta Khmao
Cambodia

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by beaker » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:24 pm

$30,000. for a bike you can't even ride to it's potential and will get you killed by riding too fast or get you robbed and not even insured. If you can afford to pay that then you can afford to fix it yourself.

If you were in your own country I would bet that there are signs that say you park at your own risk and they would not pay you either. Why should some parking lot attendant be held responsible for your outlandish purchase the bike just fell over he didn't do anything on purpose ?

My bike that would cost $15,000. has fallen over a couple of times with hardly a scratch and I even had to dump it to keep from hitting a kid on his bicycle it just put a small scratch on the fairing.

I think you should be asking the manufacturer for the cash as they are the ones that designed and built the bike.

I imagine you in the future being locked in a little room and drugged and abused continuously until you give up your ATM pin number and the account is drained while the bike is being disassembled and parts sold in Thailand.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
sean lim
Tourist
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 pm
Reputation: 1
Korea South

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by sean lim » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:42 pm

beaker wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:24 pm
$30,000. for a bike you can't even ride to it's potential and will get you killed by riding too fast or get you robbed and not even insured. If you can afford to pay that then you can afford to fix it yourself.

If you were in your own country I would bet that there are signs that say you park at your own risk and they would not pay you either. Why should some parking lot attendant be held responsible for your outlandish purchase the bike just fell over he didn't do anything on purpose ?

My bike that would cost $15,000. has fallen over a couple of times with hardly a scratch and I even had to dump it to keep from hitting a kid on his bicycle it just put a small scratch on the fairing.

I think you should be asking the manufacturer for the cash as they are the ones that designed and built the bike.

I imagine you in the future being locked in a little room and drugged and abused continuously until you give up your ATM pin number and the account is drained while the bike is being disassembled and parts sold in Thailand.
ROFL idk wtf is wrong with you , its damn simple. did i knock over my bike? seems not who has done this?

parking lot attendant , to be honest if i were in my own country i should have get paid all with their own insurance.

well maybe i can get robbed and be killed by myself by speeding, but i bought this bike cause of this is pretty and i can afford it.

and if i can afford buy expensive motorbike doesn't mean i have responsibilities to fix by myself even its not my fault.

but yeah this country peoples are poor and uneducated , (maybe include you) so they doesn't know what's wrong with damaging another person's property.

and you are saying that if you didn't mean to do it then it comes with no responsibilities? sounds pretty good.

and let me know what is ur bike if you really got one LOL :-)
User avatar
beaker
Expatriate
Posts: 825
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 am
Reputation: 84
Location: Ta Khmao
Cambodia

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by beaker » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:58 pm

What's your excuse for not having insurance ?

I ride a Honda Forza
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
sean lim
Tourist
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 pm
Reputation: 1
Korea South

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by sean lim » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:00 pm

beaker wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:29 pm
beaker wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:22 pm
Cam Nivag wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:18 pm
Knocking over a bike causes $5,000 in damage?
That's like one third the price of a brand new bike !

You might get them to pop the dent out of the tank with compressed air,buy a new mirror , new brake lever, locally sourced, and a tube of glue for the fairing but I'll bet you won't get more than that.
he says he can't even pay a penny, even the building owner too

yeah i was 100% sure i won't get paid all, even its new bike or not.

so i decided to fix by myself , but i wonder side mirror and clutch is damn gone and unfix able.

so just wanted to get cover from them brake lever & mirror. but they said nope

and was complaining about the motor is too heavy. :-)

yeah i will fix it by myself
sean lim
Tourist
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 pm
Reputation: 1
Korea South

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by sean lim » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:04 pm

beaker wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:58 pm
What's your excuse for not having insurance ?

I ride a Honda Forza
yeah seems your bike cost $1500

seems you typed one more 0

and the scooters are strong :-) they built in that way.

and excuse for not having insurance its brand new bike and i didn't have enough time to have insurance after bought it.

also i didn't expect parking lot attendant will knock over my bike.
epidemiks
Expatriate
Posts: 1271
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:56 pm
Reputation: 293
Australia

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by epidemiks » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:44 pm

There was never any chance of getting anything from them. Lesson learned. Expensive one. Now go get comprehensive insurance and maybe also pay carpark attendants specifically not to touch it.
sean lim
Tourist
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 pm
Reputation: 1
Korea South

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by sean lim » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:46 pm

epidemiks wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:44 pm
There was never any chance of getting anything from them. Lesson learned. Expensive one. Now go get comprehensive insurance and maybe also pay carpark attendants specifically not to touch it.
yeah... and should have done that one :-P

thanks. imma go delete this post
User avatar
Kuroneko
Expatriate
Posts: 3253
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 11:18 am
Reputation: 492

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by Kuroneko » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:12 pm

sean lim wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:46 pm
epidemiks wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:44 pm
There was never any chance of getting anything from them. Lesson learned. Expensive one. Now go get comprehensive insurance and maybe also pay carpark attendants specifically not to touch it.
yeah... and should have done that one :-P

thanks. imma go delete this post
Sorry to hear that you got your new bike damaged. Its not a bad idea to have a small bike for town use. All my friends that have big bikes for touring etc have small "run arounds" for town use, because large bikes are a pain to ride around town, especially now, and (as you have found out) they are very likely to get damaged. I did the same but I got rid of my large bike 15 years ago as riding became less pleasant, and I didn't really need it. I just have a small Yamaha for shopping etc.

Even with small bikes, park attendants get them scratched all the time, when moving them around and the chance of dropping a large bike is high. My wife got her new Mio covered in plastic film around 10 years ago to reduce the chance of scratching and damage. She was always getting annoyed with them and as she said "they just don't care".
User avatar
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Posts: 811
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:42 pm
Reputation: 98
Location: Vung Tau, Vietnam
Vietnam

Re: motor got damaged while parking

Post by ExPenhMan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:41 pm

sean lim wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:04 pm
beaker wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:58 pm
What's your excuse for not having insurance ?

I ride a Honda Forza
yeah seems your bike cost $1500

seems you typed one more 0

and the scooters are strong :-) they built in that way.

and excuse for not having insurance its brand new bike and i didn't have enough time to have insurance after bought it.

also i didn't expect parking lot attendant will knock over my bike.
Well, now you know. Attendants are not at all used to handling 200 kg bikes. It will be knocked over. I hemmed and hawed about a big bike. But I just knew it was going to be a big pain in the ass, both for parking and riding in heavy, chaotic traffic. A powerful, pricy bike is the last thing I'd ever own or ride in SEA.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post