Looking for a reliable and professional removal company

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
Cam7777333
Tourist
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:28 pm
Reputation: 1
Great Britain

Looking for a reliable and professional removal company

Post by Cam7777333 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:53 pm

Hello people! :o :o :o

Hope you are all well and good.

I am looking for a reliable and professional removal company to move me and all my stuff from phnom penh to kampot.

I had a really bad experience before when a 16 year old kid turned up with a big truck that was still full of dust and broken bricks! He then tried getting all the tuk tuk drivers from the street outside to come help him lift my stuff!!!
He didn't speak a word of English so I called his boss at least 8 times asking him WTF??? I am not willing to let some kid and a bunch of tuk tuk drivers throw my worldly possessions on the back of a filthy construction truck!

So I want the real deal... A competent company who move people fir a living. They will understand that all my stuff is important to me and I do not want any damage or messing around. I want a company with a proven track record of moving people and all of their belongings professionally and most importantly knowing how to pack and protect my items.

So if anyone has the number of a great removal company who will not charge me the earth, then please let me know ASAP.

Many thanks 😊
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 3200
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 795
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Looking for a reliable and professional removal company

Post by pczz » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:53 am

I have never come across a removal service. Its usually a small truck like you said. If you are very lucky they will even have ropes to tie your stuff down with
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1143
Cambodia

Re: Looking for a reliable and professional removal company

Post by Mishmash » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:04 am

Cambodian... Professional... Reliable...

I have never seen these in a sentence together.. :lol:

There are some down near the Russian Hospital. They hang out there. No number I am sorry, but that's where they are.
samrong01
Expatriate
Posts: 274
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:37 pm
Reputation: 144
New Zealand

Re: Looking for a reliable and professional removal company

Post by samrong01 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:58 am

I recommend DB Schenker - a German global company with an operation in Cambodia. I admit I have not done a move here with them but I did in Thailand and found them excellent - no breakages in a full container. Whether or not they will do a job to Kampot or not I do not know but if its a full truck I don't see why not.

Bear in mind if you want a quality service you have to pay - I do not suggest that DB Schenker are cheap.
Jcml19
Expatriate
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:18 pm
Reputation: 60
United States of America

Re: Looking for a reliable and professional removal company

Post by Jcml19 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:19 am

Gonna be tough to find a mover that speaks english considering the task on hand is labor intensive.. pretty sure if u could speak english, moving wouldnt be the number one choice.

I went with fb group for my recent haul. They didnt speak english but they got the job done. Couple of mishaps but want do u expect for $200 bucks which covered labor n truck n distance for a single bedroom apartment.

If its expensive, wrap the sukker yoself.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1143
Cambodia

Re: Looking for a reliable and professional removal company

Post by Mishmash » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:42 am

The power of Google

"House Moving Service Cambodia"

https://www.facebook.com/I-Like-to-MOVE ... 112959792/

https://www.agsmovers.com/branches/asia ... /cambodia/

https://www.crownrelo.com/en-us/country/cambodia

https://www.asiantigersgroup.com/

KS Clearance
Jacksun 070826723
#3, st 271, Phnom Penh

World Angkor Transport
Jean Yves Briand 012 818210
Plot 61,Street 570-331,Sangkat Boeung Kok II,Khan Toul Kork Phnom Penh.Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Cam7777333
Tourist
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:28 pm
Reputation: 1
Great Britain

Re: Looking for a reliable and professional removal company

Post by Cam7777333 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:57 pm

Mishmash wrote: ↑
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:04 am
Cambodian... Professional... Reliable...

I have never seen these in a sentence together.. :lol:

There are some down near the Russian Hospital. They hang out there. No number I am sorry, but that's where they are.
Hahaha yeah I agree... But if you aim for the stars you might be lucky enough to reach the gutter!
Thank you for taking the time to read this and give me a heads up! πŸ™
Cam7777333
Tourist
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:28 pm
Reputation: 1
Great Britain

Re: Looking for a reliable and professional removal company

Post by Cam7777333 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:04 pm

samrong01 wrote: ↑
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:58 am
I recommend DB Schenker - a German global company with an operation in Cambodia. I admit I have not done a move here with them but I did in Thailand and found them excellent - no breakages in a full container. Whether or not they will do a job to Kampot or not I do not know but if its a full truck I don't see why not.

Bear in mind if you want a quality service you have to pay - I do not suggest that DB Schenker are cheap.
Hello,
Thanks for your suggestion.
I have had a quote from a professional company that have a team here in PP (originally from England). But it was over $1K!!! So I would imagine DB Schenker would be in same ball park.

Thank you for your help and taking time to reply.

Have a great weekend!
Cam7777333
Tourist
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:28 pm
Reputation: 1
Great Britain

Re: Looking for a reliable and professional removal company

Post by Cam7777333 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:10 pm

Jcml19 wrote: ↑
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:19 am
Gonna be tough to find a mover that speaks english considering the task on hand is labor intensive.. pretty sure if u could speak english, moving wouldnt be the number one choice.

I went with fb group for my recent haul. They didnt speak english but they got the job done. Couple of mishaps but want do u expect for $200 bucks which covered labor n truck n distance for a single bedroom apartment.

If its expensive, wrap the sukker yoself.
Hey mate,
Thank you for your input... Did you move from PP to Kampot or vice versa? For about $200???

Many thanks!
Cam7777333
Tourist
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:28 pm
Reputation: 1
Great Britain

Re: Looking for a reliable and professional removal company

Post by Cam7777333 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:24 pm

Mishmash wrote: ↑
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:42 am
The power of Google

"House Moving Service Cambodia"

https://www.facebook.com/I-Like-to-MOVE ... 112959792/

https://www.agsmovers.com/branches/asia ... /cambodia/

https://www.crownrelo.com/en-us/country/cambodia

https://www.asiantigersgroup.com/

KS Clearance
Jacksun 070826723
#3, st 271, Phnom Penh

World Angkor Transport
Jean Yves Briand 012 818210
Plot 61,Street 570-331,Sangkat Boeung Kok II,Khan Toul Kork Phnom Penh.Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Hi Mishmash,
Thank you for taking the time to look on the Internet...
I have tried searching a bunch of times using different search phrases but I have only found 2 out of the 4 that you have sent over.

To be honest the 1st one is : I like to move it.
I have used David and his team in the past and they did a good job of protecting the stuff I had with blankets and paper wrapping, so I was impressed with them and David is a good guy who can speak English. I have been in touch with him and got a quote but just thought I would see if anyone here had any better suggestions from experience.

The 2nd company out of the 4 was Asian Tigers and that is run by an English guy... But they are quoting me English prices!

I will have a look at the other 2 and see what they say...

But I'm probably going to use David again... Better the devil you know as they say!

Thank you very much for your help and looking for companies online and sending them through.

Have a lovely weekend!

Cheers πŸ™πŸ‘πŸ™πŸ‘
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hanno, Patcan and 191 guests