Eurotech Water Drums

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
violet
Expatriate

Re: Eurotech Water Drums

Post by violet »

I stopped using them when I turned one upside down and saw how filthy the underside of the tap was.
Bought a filtering system. Much better.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

I try and avoid drinking any of these without boiling first.Image
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

beaker wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:23 am I have drank tap water using one of these Korea brand filters for 11 years (replace every year) without problem. They are ~$15. and available all over

Thanks. Brand name ? Available only in PP ?
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

I had a jug once, the brand was "DETH" lol.

I think boiling your water and putting it through a filter is pretty good. But I don't think you necessarily save money, if you buy a reputable brand from a proper vendor.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

They're available all over, even in the countryside. Just show then a picture. Aeon has them, and so do several shops near Wat Moha Montrei. Replacement filters also available at all those places, though technically I think you could just pop the charcoal in an oven to reuse it. There's also a ceramic element and a few other layers of I recall correctly.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

Boiling tap water works fine for me
Don't forget the water buffalo
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Boiled PP tap water for 12 years & still alive, no adverse effects. Not too sure on the taste as I rarely drink that water, usually I'll make a tea or coffee with freshly boiled water.

For drinking water that I actually want to taste, I grab a box of San Pellegrino, about $20 lasts over a week with wife/son also drinking & I go through the stuff quickly, a single, more conservative dude could probably stretch a box out for a month.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Spigzy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:19 am For drinking water that I actually want to taste, I grab a box of San Pellegrino,
Ditto...good stuff. :thumb:
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

RickyBobby wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:10 pm I had a jug once, the brand was "DETH" lol.

I think boiling your water and putting it through a filter is pretty good. But I don't think you necessarily save money, if you buy a reputable brand from a proper vendor.
So funny, I mentioned this yesterday and the photo showed up today on my FB feed.

"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

After reading this thread, i cracked open one of my drums from Hi-Tech and thankfully it's clean and nozzles are aged but relatively clean. We go through 1 drum every 2 days and so far, no issues in the past few years.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic