Is it creepy to sit alone outside riverside bars and restaurants?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Is it creepy to sit alone outside riverside bars and restaurants?

Post by Duncan »

hanno wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:22 pm I do not know what line of work RickyBobby is in but I understand where he is coming from.

I need to socialize all day with guests and staff, part of the job description,

but I am more than happy to spend a few hours on my own reading a book, watching the circus pass by, and have a beer; creepy or not.

Wow, that bit sounds really creepy. I think it makes sitting on riverside by yourself '' normal''.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Duncan wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:29 pm
hanno wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:22 pm I do not know what line of work RickyBobby is in but I understand where he is coming from.

I need to socialize all day with guests and staff, part of the job description,

but I am more than happy to spend a few hours on my own reading a book, watching the circus pass by, and have a beer; creepy or not.

Wow, that bit sounds really creepy. I think it makes sitting on riverside by yourself '' normal''.
In a purely non-physical way. Though the front office manager is kind of cute.....
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

No, reaks of insecurity worrying about it
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Well, I know people that would never go to a restaurant alone. I have been 'single' (unmarried/divorced) for 19 years. I also have no problem going to a restaurant alone. In fact, I often prefer it, if I take some work or something to read.

I have been to all inclusives, and have often been invited to join others, and usually declined. Truth is, I don't really care to answer all their curious questions, and have no interest in their lame ass lives either.

I would go to the bars alone, because I could always meet up with people I knew, often other guys who would go alone. That way, I can also leave whenever I want, without having to excuse myself.

But some people would go to a movie alone, I would never do that; but I am not that big on the theater experience anyhow. I can be equally happy watching it at home on my laptop.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Paulo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Paulo »

I prefer to sit outside than inside so I can watch the world go by especially on 172. I don't really like to eat at a restaurant alone and would more often than not buy something to take out. As for the movies, I rarely go, but I don't mind going alone. Also, I don't wear singlets and I find flip flops really uncomfortable.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

... find flip flops really uncomfortable.

LOL
unless i am bicycling,
i seldom wear anything else
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Paulo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:58 pm I prefer to sit outside than inside so I can watch the world go by especially on 172. I don't really like to eat at a restaurant alone and would more often than not buy something to take out. As for the movies, I rarely go, but I don't mind going alone. Also, I don't wear singlets and I find flip flops really uncomfortable.
I cant stand them, I don't like something between my toes.

what is a singlet?
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Kampoochie
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampoochie »

I often bring up "Riverside Dirtbags" and nobody who knows PP has ever had any question what I mean by that.
Paulo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Paulo »

RickyBobby wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:22 pm
Paulo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:58 pm I prefer to sit outside than inside so I can watch the world go by especially on 172. I don't really like to eat at a restaurant alone and would more often than not buy something to take out. As for the movies, I rarely go, but I don't mind going alone. Also, I don't wear singlets and I find flip flops really uncomfortable.
I cant stand them, I don't like something between my toes.

what is a singlet?
A wife-beater
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Singlet:

Wife-beater:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic