Bread making machine

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bread making machine

Post by jubo2 »

ask someone to send from Thailand if you cannot get it delivered directly. few personal shopper services buy and send anything you want anywhere you want.
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

If I was you I would buy an oven if you don't ready have one...I bought a counter top electric oven in Sihanoukville in 2017 and it is still going strong.
If I was you I would learn to make doughs without a machine...you can then make different breads.
I make pizzas...yorkshire pudding...yeast rolls...cookies...cakes..coffee cake...and baguettes.
Make dough ...portion it...freeze what you don't bake..
I am making falafel this week and am going to make some pita dough...probably cook on the stove though..
It has been my experience that breadmakers lose their luster and gather dust...
A nice oven will come in handy all the time.
A nice workout for your hands and working with doughs is fun...I have used every kind of mixer with dough hooks from counter top to huge floor ...
But, I prefer working the dough manually.
YouTube has a ton of recipes...
Rosie Duncan
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Rosie Duncan »

I’ve tried to find one online. But seems due to quarantine, there are any available. And restock doesn’t seem to happen soon. Never thought I would miss such simple food as bread. I’ve found some recipe online but you need to make dough from scratch and bake bread in the oven.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:25 pm
Kuroneko wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:39 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:29 pm Where can I get a bread making machine in Phnom Penh? Is this available?
You could buy a bread machine at Sunsimexco near Central Market for $65, but that was three years ago. My old post on this: general-chatter/visit-december-t16165-20.html Aeon mall and the electric appliance shop in Sorya Mall (level 3 ?) also had them.
Thanks, I saw your post from a few years ago. I checked at Sunsimexco in tow locations today (including the one near Psah Thmey). They said it is out of stock and not clear when they will get it in stock. But I'll check back again if other methods don't work.
They have Kenwood Bread Making machines in Kfour, Sorya Mall level 3. They are $185.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Kuroneko wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:33 amThey have Kenwood Bread Making machines in Kfour, Sorya Mall level 3. They are $185.
Yeesh. You could buy a Lot of good bread from bakeries for that money. I think it would take me at Least a year, buying specialty bread weekly, to balance out the cost of the bread machine itself, not to mention the cost of ingredients, time and effort, electricity for the machine, etc. You'd have to really like baking for that to be worth it.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Electric Earth wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:03 am
Kuroneko wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:33 amThey have Kenwood Bread Making machines in Kfour, Sorya Mall level 3. They are $185.
Yeesh. You could buy a Lot of good bread from bakeries for that money. I think it would take me at Least a year, buying specialty bread weekly, to balance out the cost of the bread machine itself, not to mention the cost of ingredients, time and effort, electricity for the machine, etc. You'd have to really like baking for that to be worth it.

So where in Cambodia would you find this '' good '' bread ?. There is not even a selection of multigrain breads , rye breads , wholemeal breads . Raisin , pumpkin. , oatmeal , and the list goes on.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Duncan wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:55 amSo where in Cambodia would you find this '' good '' bread ?. There is not even a selection of multigrain breads , rye breads , wholemeal breads . Raisin , pumpkin. , oatmeal , and the list goes on.
Honestly, I'm not quite sure. There are decent French bakeries and things like that in Siem Reap. They often have pastries and breads. I just kind of always assume that whatever Siem Reap has, PP probably has even better selections. I'm not familiar with PP, though, so I may well be wrong.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

I have just been to the supermarket across the road from me,, in OZ,, and bought a loaf of bread. 800 grams, costing $3.90. = about US $ 2.50

Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

Duncan wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:55 amSo where in Cambodia would you find this '' good '' bread ?. There is not even a selection of multigrain breads , rye breads , wholemeal breads . Raisin , pumpkin. , oatmeal , and the list goes on.
the shop, eric kayser, blue pumpkin
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

fazur wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:56 am
the shop, eric kayser, blue pumpkin
Dont tell me,,,,, Show me .

An old saying,,,

Tell me one thousand times
. And I still will not understand,

Show me just once,

And I will know.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic