Barking Dog

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expat's Online has a huge community of long term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or anywhere else in the Kingdom. Don't be shy, ask CEO's members anything!
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Posts: 1177
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:19 pm
Reputation: 257
Central African Republic

Re: Barking Dog

Post by Jerry Atrick » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:17 am

I'm not sure if I'm more tolerant than I used to be, or if I'm simply suffering gradual hearing loss; but noises like the OP described have stopped annoying me lately.

Anyhow, there could be a rat/thief/snake around the house where the dog barks all the time. Or it could just be a yappy little wormbag mutt.
User avatar
Artisan
Expatriate
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:02 pm
Reputation: 41
Belgium

Re: Barking Dog

Post by Artisan » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:49 pm

Yerg wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:59 am
John Bingham wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:27 pm
Sure, that or anti-freeze, but that isn't so common here. The ethylene glycol has a sweet taste that dogs like and it will kill them. I've never done it myself because it seems a bit cruel but sometimes extreme measures are called for. Just don't get caught or you might end up in a bit of trouble.
It's okay for you to advocate killing an innocent dog? Just because it barks? You are indeed an [Admin Edit: Let's not get personal over a discussion that's managed to stay on topic. Thanks.]
What a load of horse shit. " a discussion that's manged to stay on topic", as if this tread is like, 20 pages long.

Killing dogs seems to be tolerated by whomever is modding this but saying something about the person who wrote how to kill it isn't.
pebbles&nightsky
Clemen
Expatriate
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:04 pm
Reputation: 71
United States of America

Re: Barking Dog

Post by Clemen » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:58 pm

Cambodians are immune to noises that bother westerners. Example, I once tried to explain how there was a very popular alarm clock in the states, the sound it made was a rooster crowing, nobody could understand how that would wake someone up.
I can't count the number of times I've gone out in the middle of the night to shut our dogs up, and when I do I'm always careful not to wake our security guard.
User avatar
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:16 pm
Reputation: 273
Vietnam

Re: Barking Dog

Post by Cruisemonkey » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:24 pm

Hire Ricky and Julien. 8-)
You could be next.
ali baba
Expatriate
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:27 am
Reputation: 7

Re: Barking Dog

Post by ali baba » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:59 pm

Ask your neighbour to keep his dogs inside at night.
Scarier than malaria.
Barang chgout
Expatriate
Posts: 3053
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:36 am
Reputation: 671

Re: Barking Dog

Post by Barang chgout » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:39 pm

Get one of those drone flamethrowers!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 1992
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 342
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Barking Dog

Post by pczz » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:57 pm

Artisan wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:49 pm
Yerg wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:59 am
John Bingham wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:27 pm
Sure, that or anti-freeze, but that isn't so common here. The ethylene glycol has a sweet taste that dogs like and it will kill them. I've never done it myself because it seems a bit cruel but sometimes extreme measures are called for. Just don't get caught or you might end up in a bit of trouble.
It's okay for you to advocate killing an innocent dog? Just because it barks? You are indeed an [Admin Edit: Let's not get personal over a discussion that's managed to stay on topic. Thanks.]
What a load of horse shit. " a discussion that's manged to stay on topic", as if this tread is like, 20 pages long.

Killing dogs seems to be tolerated by whomever is modding this but saying something about the person who wrote how to kill it isn't.
obviously you have not had to suffer a neighbour with a yapping monster who refuses to do anything about it. Killimng dogs that belong to selfish xyz who think their god given right to have a yapper overules my god given right to a decent nights sleep (and everyone ekse within 100 metres). Human rights take precedence over animal rights, ask any animla at an abbatoir
User avatar
Artisan
Expatriate
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:02 pm
Reputation: 41
Belgium

Re: Barking Dog

Post by Artisan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:19 pm

pczz wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:57 pm
Artisan wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:49 pm
Yerg wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:59 am
John Bingham wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:27 pm
Sure, that or anti-freeze, but that isn't so common here. The ethylene glycol has a sweet taste that dogs like and it will kill them. I've never done it myself because it seems a bit cruel but sometimes extreme measures are called for. Just don't get caught or you might end up in a bit of trouble.
It's okay for you to advocate killing an innocent dog? Just because it barks? You are indeed an [Admin Edit: Let's not get personal over a discussion that's managed to stay on topic. Thanks.]
What a load of horse shit. " a discussion that's manged to stay on topic", as if this tread is like, 20 pages long.

Killing dogs seems to be tolerated by whomever is modding this but saying something about the person who wrote how to kill it isn't.
obviously you have not had to suffer a neighbour with a yapping monster who refuses to do anything about it. Killimng dogs that belong to selfish xyz who think their god given right to have a yapper overules my god given right to a decent nights sleep (and everyone ekse within 100 metres). Human rights take precedence over animal rights, ask any animla at an abbatoir
Putting a halt to noisy animlas doesn't stop you from being a [Mod edit: keep it civil]
pebbles&nightsky
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Posts: 9223
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Reputation: 1200
Tokelau

Re: Barking Dog

Post by Anchor Moy » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:49 pm

Dogs are kept outside the house to deter burglars and thieves, so they are supposed to bark.
Unfortunately, that means that they bark when 1/ someone passes in the street 2/ a dog passes 3/ another dog barks and gets them all going. :shrug: TIC.
Yerg
Expatriate
Posts: 222
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:41 pm
Reputation: 70
Great Britain

Re: Barking Dog

Post by Yerg » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:41 pm

Anchor Moy wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:49 pm
Dogs are kept outside the house to deter burglars and thieves, so they are supposed to bark.
Unfortunately, that means that they bark when 1/ someone passes in the street 2/ a dog passes 3/ another dog barks and gets them all going. :shrug: TIC.
How stressful life must be when a barking dog needs to be killed for doing it's job??? Next we'll be necking cockerels for crowing in the morning. Where does it all stop???
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandra Shenea, jrjrjr, LaudJohn and 105 guests