If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Rain Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:40 pm
Reputation: 27

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by Rain Dog » Mon May 25, 2015 9:58 am

wasabi wrote:
Rain Dog wrote:
John Bingham wrote:
Samouth wrote:This thread is too long to read to understand more about khmer 440. However i am wondering if this is true, at khmer 440 every threads involving local/khmer, posters tend to look down us?
I don't agree. There have been Cambodian posters on there for many years, there are at least 3 who still post regularly. Anyone who keeps "looking down" on Khmers will be called out for it. Some of the worst offenders have migrated to this site.
Bullshit. Name them please -- still active this month. And Joon does not count as she is both French and Admin.
SSIDS
Master Donut Baker
Jessy
Joon
Sinat
ppenh
virak
oh - and Raz........... to name just a few....... :beer3:
Joon is admin and from France. Jessy yes --as an object of ridicule until recently. I though Raz was Australians.

Never came across any of the others listed.

How many posts in the past 30 days from each?

Easy enough to check.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 8158
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 1142
Location: the far side of the moon
Aruba

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by phuketrichard » Mon May 25, 2015 10:04 am

SSIDS
Sinat
ppenh
virak

I have been there since 2007 and dont recall seeing theses posters but than i dont read every thread.

Matser very very seldom

Jessy well now she is the queen of the most worthless thread i think i have ever seen anywhere
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by vladimir » Mon May 25, 2015 1:11 pm

Richard, she has not committed the egregious, unpardonable sin of crticising modding, hence she survives.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Samouth
Expatriate
Posts: 3679
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 10
Location: Phnom Penh
Burundi

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by Samouth » Tue May 26, 2015 8:18 am

badboybubby wrote:
Samouth wrote:This thread is too long to read to understand more about khmer 440. However i am wondering if this is true, at khmer 440 every threads involving local/khmer, posters tend to look down us?
there's been the occasional khmer poster over there over the years...it's unlikely you'd be discriminated against because you're local...in fact in many ways you'd probably be welcomed...what you read on here is more specific and a clash to do with other issues and personalities...
I don't think so. They even talked about me before i join. :). I feel so so sorry for CEO. Because of my presence and little salary's, people don't feel free to talk whatever they want. Please please folks, you can talk about whatever you want. :lol:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
badboybubby
Expatriate
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 5:50 pm
Reputation: 0
Australia

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by badboybubby » Tue May 26, 2015 8:30 am

Samouth wrote:
badboybubby wrote:
Samouth wrote:This thread is too long to read to understand more about khmer 440. However i am wondering if this is true, at khmer 440 every threads involving local/khmer, posters tend to look down us?
there's been the occasional khmer poster over there over the years...it's unlikely you'd be discriminated against because you're local...in fact in many ways you'd probably be welcomed...what you read on here is more specific and a clash to do with other issues and personalities...
I don't think so. They even talked about me before i join. :). I feel so so sorry for CEO. Because of my presence and little salary's, people don't feel free to talk whatever they want. Please please folks, you can talk about whatever you want. :lol:
i'm not sure i understand samouth...what do you mean they talked about you before you joined? i presume you're talking about k440 so how did they talk about you?
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 4975
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Reputation: 1239
Yemen

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by John Bingham » Tue May 26, 2015 9:25 am

Rain Dog wrote:
wasabi wrote:
Rain Dog wrote:
John Bingham wrote:
Samouth wrote:This thread is too long to read to understand more about khmer 440. However i am wondering if this is true, at khmer 440 every threads involving local/khmer, posters tend to look down us?
I don't agree. There have been Cambodian posters on there for many years, there are at least 3 who still post regularly. Anyone who keeps "looking down" on Khmers will be called out for it. Some of the worst offenders have migrated to this site.
Bullshit. Name them please -- still active this month. And Joon does not count as she is both French and Admin.
SSIDS
Master Donut Baker
Jessy
Joon
Sinat
ppenh
virak
oh - and Raz........... to name just a few....... :beer3:
Joon is admin and from France. Jessy yes --as an object of ridicule until recently. I though Raz was Australians.

Never came across any of the others listed.

How many posts in the past 30 days from each?

Easy enough to check.
Joon and Raz are both Cambodian. Living abroad for a few years doesn't change that.
Captain Steve Rogers
Expatriate
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 1:27 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Avengers Tower
United States of America

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by Captain Steve Rogers » Tue May 26, 2015 11:47 am

Rain Dog wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:
Captain Steve Rogers wrote:
badboybubby wrote:captain with all due respect i can see how the idea of "educating the populace (locals) to have more humanity" could get you in trouble...it comes across as somewhat arrogant and 'colonial'...

i'm not saying that that's how you mean it, it just comes across like that...
I know it sounds that way but on the contrary my friend :) I'm full of good intentions and only wish nothing but the best for these people. Thanks for the heads up Image
It might be good to express how it's different to how it sounds. A big focus in Christian circles at the moment is "lose the hero complex" for anyone working overseas. Basically if you're not coming with a 'servants heart' you need to check your motivations...
I have no axe to grind with the Captain, but his postings are so exaggerated in terms of stereotypes of American-DoGooder-Wannabees that I have wondered if he is just an Anti-American type taking the piss in the form of presenting such an exaggerated character.

"I'm full of good intentions ..." :facepalm:

Just does not sound real

Cheers,

RD

Why is it hard to believe my intentions? I've never wished anybody bad things on the contrary I'm trying to be selfless, and show kindness. We seldom find those things anywhere so why not start with us as individuals? I respect everybody as a person but will defy that person if I see that that person is being unfair.
"HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE".
User avatar
Cam Nivag
Expatriate
Posts: 2134
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:17 am
Reputation: 528
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by Cam Nivag » Tue May 26, 2015 11:50 am

I don't get why people are so excited about having Cambodian posters on the forums. If Jessy and Samouth posted the way they did and were white everyone would find them insufferable.
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by vladimir » Tue May 26, 2015 12:05 pm

And if pigs could fly...

I'm not so excited, just glad to have another point of view...until they disagree with me. :lol:
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 15793
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 1175
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by General Mackevili » Tue May 26, 2015 12:27 pm

Cam Nivag wrote:I don't get why people are so excited about having Cambodian posters on the forums. If Jessy and Samouth posted the way they did and were white everyone would find them insufferable.
Jeez, you also won't sit next to a dude on a Tuk-Tuk and you've said "all Khmer dudes are rapey." (as quoted from kkk440)

I'm not surprised you have no interest in interacting with Cambodians online as well.

:facepalm:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 122 guests