If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
UKJ
Expatriate
Posts: 849
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:37 am
Reputation: 0

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by UKJ » Sun May 24, 2015 10:18 am

vladimir wrote:Permabans were for people who consistently got banned and didn't respond positively, iow do what admin wanted.

I argued against almost every ban because in most cases, some arse-creeper started shit with me then when I responded he relied on buddies in admin.

I received more than one PM where the sender agreed that the mod had been too harsh on me, and several times bans were shortened/overturned, gavinmac can testify to the latter.

Normally when you get banned, you get a PM saying when you are banned until. My last banning did not state for how long, so I assumed it was permanent, but some people have said it's not.

It's kind of moot, because I have records of a phone/email conversation argument between scobienz and myself wherein we both basically told each other to fuck off. It's also moot because I feel logos/ttm has gone power-crazy, Detroit muscle and even his friends agreed on occasion. TTM sent me a PM telling me to get a fucking life and asking me if I knew how many people were very angry with me. He then threatened me with immediate, long banning if I ever questioned his modding again.

So scobienz supported the ban, TTM banned me, no one else objected, but you're saying I'm protected? Who's still posting there, me or the dwarves? And if I'm not perma-banned, why am I not there, since it's so pampered? I get no special treatment here, except the stalking you do on orders from 440, imo.

I think you're a little schizo, because you imply that you were perma-banned, but every post of yours indicates you support them 110%. Do you see my posts reflecting that? Unequivocally, no.

Your argument is silly, really.

In addition, what was your 440 moniker, and why were you banned? For someone who claims to be in the same boat as me, you sure come across as not being in the boat.

Now please get over your unrequited hard-on for me, and get on with your life.

I really think your argument re me being protected is kind of self-defeating, a child can see it's bollocks.

My support for workers has never been anything but genuine, in fact I've been labelled all sorts of things, usually derogatory, because I dare to call for regulation of unfettered capitalism.
Hit a raw nerve did i. :D

How do I support 440 110% ? That is just your altzheimers playing tricks. I haven't mentioned any of them, or praised 440. You are just bullshitting, as per. I got involved in the Nick threads when the British embassy was being unfairly criticized.

I agree with a lot of the criticism of old. But once something changes, you can't keep on accusing them of it. Don't sweat the small stuff. It's not a conspiracy.

Despite some major abuse of them on here, they haven't banned you. It makes you look like a phoney, as they say how different you are IRL. You are obviously a protected member, like the people you complain about. Pointless for you to deny it.

Khmer wages? Or hypocrite?
UKJ
Expatriate
Posts: 849
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:37 am
Reputation: 0

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by UKJ » Sun May 24, 2015 10:24 am

Username Taken wrote:
UKJ wrote: . . . yet you never got perma banned, like many of us on here . . .
Did you get perma banned?
Are you not the same UKJ that still posts over there?
Banned by KiR on the old 440.
I really meant many " people" , as I was thinking of others on here when I said it, more recent than KiR time. I think most of it is irrelevant , as there has been a lot of changes recently.
User avatar
takeoman
Expatriate
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 3:20 pm
Reputation: 85
Location: Takeo Province
Ireland

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by takeoman » Sun May 24, 2015 10:26 am

vladimir wrote:Permabans were for people who consistently got banned and didn't respond positively, iow do what admin wanted.

I argued against almost every ban because in most cases, some arse-creeper started shit with me then when I responded he relied on buddies in admin.

I received more than one PM where the sender agreed that the mod had been too harsh on me, and several times bans were shortened/overturned, gavinmac can testify to the latter.

Normally when you get banned, you get a PM saying when you are banned until. My last banning did not state for how long, so I assumed it was permanent, but some people have said it's not.


The system now may work as you describe it, but it certainly didn't when the Prince of Darkness was at the helm. I challenged KiR approximately three times, the result, immediately after the last occasion I was tossed into the outer darkness, account closed, all posts removed, no notification no chance to challenge the decision. His website, his call,life goes on.
As the owner of 440 is one of the "some people" who say you're not permanently banned,indeed that you merely got a week off, it does indeed raise the question why the others were treated much more harshly than you. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11475
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2857
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by phuketrichard » Sun May 24, 2015 10:55 am

hahahaha i was deleted after posting on another forum how K440 was lame ONCE only
LOL

Peter was an dictator and we all knew it, so what?
I find it refreshing to read an post on both forums now
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Samouth
Expatriate
Posts: 3679
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 13
Location: Phnom Penh
Burundi

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by Samouth » Sun May 24, 2015 11:15 am

This thread is too long to read to understand more about khmer 440. However i am wondering if this is true, at khmer 440 every threads involving local/khmer, posters tend to look down us?
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
User avatar
juansweetpotato
Expatriate
Posts: 2637
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:45 pm
Reputation: 75

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by juansweetpotato » Sun May 24, 2015 12:23 pm

AFAIK there are NO Khmer on that website apart from Jessie that post anymore Samouth.
One of the reasons I like it here so much.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
User avatar
juansweetpotato
Expatriate
Posts: 2637
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:45 pm
Reputation: 75

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by juansweetpotato » Sun May 24, 2015 12:38 pm

He's no insane! he's my backslapping, cheese monkey, half-brother/dad. My! what a pertty lil mouth.
Nick will be dead soon for sure. What will happen at the embassy when all this comes out? Or will it? Someone posted about the embassy having done it's job correctly. I guess they are saying when Nick is dead that will be proven by fact. FFS
I thought I was the crazy one until I joined an Inet forum. They should be used in treatment to help the mentally insane.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
badboybubby
Expatriate
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 5:50 pm
Reputation: 0
Australia

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by badboybubby » Sun May 24, 2015 12:46 pm

Samouth wrote:This thread is too long to read to understand more about khmer 440. However i am wondering if this is true, at khmer 440 every threads involving local/khmer, posters tend to look down us?
there's been the occasional khmer poster over there over the years...it's unlikely you'd be discriminated against because you're local...in fact in many ways you'd probably be welcomed...what you read on here is more specific and a clash to do with other issues and personalities...
Captain Steve Rogers
Expatriate
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 1:27 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Avengers Tower
United States of America

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by Captain Steve Rogers » Sun May 24, 2015 12:52 pm

I was permanently banned from 440 for writing about my bad experiences here in Cambodia and how I wish to educate the populace to have more humanity. I had some people who liked me but my biggest fans who like to stir trouble on all my posts were AIA and Lucky Lujan hahaha those two were such jokers and in no way, shape or form could I have a decent conversation without getting blamed, or criticized at every turn.
"HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE".
badboybubby
Expatriate
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 5:50 pm
Reputation: 0
Australia

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by badboybubby » Sun May 24, 2015 1:13 pm

captain with all due respect i can see how the idea of "educating the populace (locals) to have more humanity" could get you in trouble...it comes across as somewhat arrogant and 'colonial'...

i'm not saying that that's how you mean it, it just comes across like that...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 85 guests