If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
User avatar
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Posts: 1489
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 4:25 pm
Reputation: 473
Nigeria

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by Cowshed Cowboy » Sat May 23, 2015 2:14 pm

badboybubby wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:
badboybubby wrote:i see the vlad thread over there has now been locked...i wonder why?...and why stop there just delete it! :lol:

petty really...wasn't that long ago that there were efforts to erase history on these shores...anybody remember?
:please:
Cant read well can you, NOT LOCKED< just no more comments after Scoffer.
now now richard...it was locked this morning and it seems they've had a change of heart...flimsy to begin with so perhaps no surprise...
Unbelievable, They've done another reverse ferret to appease the reverse ferrets, surely not. :Yahoo!:
UKJ wrote:
Rain Dog wrote:
Forum hosts, particularly for-profit ones should not take their contributors for granted.

Cheers,

RD
Agreed. I think this forum should monitor how recent popular bannings from 440, have negatively affected here. I can think of two regular posters who have left here, although I don't know why. Some members are toxic.
Got to disagree with you there UKj. I cannot for the life of me understand why Raindog, SCC and Vladimir were banned if the forum owner wanted to be consistent. In my opinion it was a knee jerk reaction pandering to several long term posters whose views seem to carry more weight for some reason, maybe you get a 5 year gold star for length of service I don't know. If the charge against Vladimir is repetition on the same subject, that could easily be applied to numerous long term posters. The very same posters who shouted the loudest for bannings so they didn't have to listen to the guys, are the very same ones following their every post on here. Why are they wasting their precious limited time and not discussing all the interesting topics they yearned for.

The only common theme I can see is that all 3 held different views to a group of posters who appear to think their views are more interesting or should carry more credence than everyone else's. Be consistent FFS K440 and treat everyone the same. Scobienz has at least tried to improve things in that respect but I think he's swimming against the tide and the bannings are a step backwards.

Their posting on here now together with quite a few new posters recently is making this a much more lively forum. I haven't particularly noticed a mass exodus here, it's a revolving door and fortunately my overall impression is there seems to be more new arrivals.

Ps If Vlad gets Alzheimer's I'm out of here, it's bad enough reading his puns the first time.
Never trust a man who when left alone with a tea cosey, doesn't try it on.
badboybubby
Expatriate
Posts: 58
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 5:50 pm
Reputation: 0
Australia

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by badboybubby » Sat May 23, 2015 4:10 pm

Cowshed Cowboy wrote:Got to disagree with you there UKj. I cannot for the life of me understand why Raindog, SCC and Vladimir were banned if the forum owner wanted to be consistent. In my opinion it was a knee jerk reaction pandering to several long term posters whose views seem to carry more weight for some reason, maybe you get a 5 year gold star for length of service I don't know. If the charge against Vladimir is repetition on the same subject, that could easily be applied to numerous long term posters. The very same posters who shouted the loudest for bannings so they didn't have to listen to the guys, are the very same ones following their every post on here. Why are they wasting their precious limited time and not discussing all the interesting topics they yearned for.

The only common theme I can see is that all 3 held different views to a group of posters who appear to think their views are more interesting or should carry more credence than everyone else's. Be consistent FFS K440 and treat everyone the same. Scobienz has at least tried to improve things in that respect but I think he's swimming against the tide and the bannings are a step backwards.

Their posting on here now together with quite a few new posters recently is making this a much more lively forum. I haven't particularly noticed a mass exodus here, it's a revolving door and fortunately my overall impression is there seems to be more new arrivals.
interesting observations there CC...i hope the protagonists can work it out without much acrimony....who knows the effects...obviously for the moment there's some who applaud and others who lament...i was cool when it was one family and if it remains divided i'll just have to work harder between tabs...maybe it's not all bad...
User avatar
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Posts: 1489
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 4:25 pm
Reputation: 473
Nigeria

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by Cowshed Cowboy » Sat May 23, 2015 4:52 pm

badboybubby wrote:
Cowshed Cowboy wrote:
interesting observations there CC...i hope the protagonists can work it out without much acrimony....who knows the effects...obviously for the moment there's some who applaud and others who lament...i was cool when it was one family and if it remains divided i'll just have to work harder between tabs...maybe it's not all bad...
I've always remained on 440 since signing up here but I have to say the Destitution thread and the level of attack/derision/judgement heaped on SCC/JSP for making a personal decision to assist someone in a difficult situation makes me think again.
Never trust a man who when left alone with a tea cosey, doesn't try it on.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11502
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2868
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by phuketrichard » Sat May 23, 2015 5:21 pm

vladimir wrote:Richard, you have serious comprehension/updating problems. I suggest you get out of Khmer mode and start getting the FACTS before you post. I know youre old, but you know how to fix it.
hey my facts were straight at the time i posted!!
i read his post
went to k440 looked up the thread and it was not locked

how am i to know what had taken place hours before,
i know u think i am rich (55555)
but i can not currently afford a time travel machine :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
takeoman
Expatriate
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 3:20 pm
Reputation: 85
Location: Takeo Province
Ireland

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by takeoman » Sat May 23, 2015 6:27 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
vladimir wrote:Richard, you have serious comprehension/updating problems. I suggest you get out of Khmer mode and start getting the FACTS before you post. I know youre old, but you know how to fix it.
hey my facts were straight at the time i posted!!
i read his post
went to k440 looked up the thread and it was not locked

how am i to know what had taken place hours before,
i know u think i am rich (55555)
but i can not currently afford a time travel machine :beer3:
I doubt that Vlad(the bottle green incorruptible) realises that he actually penned a pretty accurate picture of himself. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by vladimir » Sat May 23, 2015 6:32 pm

I am not incorruptible.

Red wine and women do it every time.

However, I do recognise corruption when I see it, and call it out, and I sincerely hope my friends will call me out if I ever become a pandering, prostituting, dwarf-loving, genocide-ignoring, goon-teaching pansy.

I hope this clears things up, ducky.

PS wanna go for a beer at Wat Phnom?
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 11330
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Reputation: 2087
United States of America

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by frank lee bent » Sat May 23, 2015 6:34 pm

i don't get these oblique refs to wat phnom and dwarves?
User avatar
takeoman
Expatriate
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 3:20 pm
Reputation: 85
Location: Takeo Province
Ireland

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by takeoman » Sat May 23, 2015 7:22 pm

vladimir wrote:I am not incorruptible.

Red wine and women do it every time.

However, I do recognise corruption when I see it, and call it out, and I sincerely hope my friends will call me out if I ever become a pandering, prostituting, dwarf-loving, genocide-ignoring, goon-teaching pansy.

I hope this clears things up, ducky.

PS wanna go for a beer at Wat Phnom?
Guess it was too much to hope that, despite your self proclaimed intellectual prowess, you'd get the historical reference. Happy to be many miles from Wat Phnom,so you'll have to go on your own. Ducky is so 1970's Larry Grayson, perhaps a new script writter is called for. As for red wine, very Blair T., New Labour ie Tory Lite. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
Captain Steve Rogers
Expatriate
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 1:27 pm
Reputation: 0
Location: Avengers Tower
United States of America

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by Captain Steve Rogers » Sat May 23, 2015 7:23 pm

We got banned because the clique at khmer440 have so much influence over the mods. Only the select few get to stay and others banned for speaking so much true to Cambodian ways "least said, soonest mended". At least here in CEO we are welcomed with open arms and at the same time we can actually discuss things without belittling anybody this my fellow CEO posters is the way forums should be running.
"HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE".
User avatar
juansweetpotato
Expatriate
Posts: 2637
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:45 pm
Reputation: 75

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

Post by juansweetpotato » Sat May 23, 2015 8:08 pm

StroppyChops wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:And believe it or not, I've ONLY had one single "sock puppet" on K440, ever, and that was before CEO even existed. I swear that on my family's life, LoL, even though the old and new owners accused me of that several times.
I was permabanned on suspicion of the 'possibility' of being you, despite Hogan being fully aware I am not.
I remember they thought I was the General at first too lol.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 535 guests