If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
User avatar
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Posts: 1481
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 4:25 pm
Reputation: 463
Nigeria

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by Cowshed Cowboy » Fri May 01, 2015 4:01 am

John Bingham wrote:I never understood all the flaming Joon got on here or on the other site. To me it seems to boil down to basic misogyny, as I could never seem to find anything particularly offensive in any of her posts.
Yep, I felt there was an undercurrent of that at the time by a few on here . I think the mod issue which came later in my recollection added a little bit of a smokescreen for it to continue to its rather predictable conclusion, which was a pity for this forum.

Sorry to hear of your loss Joon.
Never trust a man who when left alone with a tea cosey, doesn't try it on.
User avatar
franzjaeger
Expatriate
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 8:32 am
Reputation: 12
United States of America

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by franzjaeger » Fri May 01, 2015 7:33 am

This is such an uncool thread, it's pulling this whole site down imho.
MekongMouse
Expatriate
Posts: 1264
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:17 pm
Reputation: 2

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by MekongMouse » Fri May 01, 2015 7:36 am

franzjaeger wrote:This is such an uncool thread, it's pulling this whole site down imho.
I think it is necessary. There are two other options: ban discussion about 440 or let people start multiple threads about 440. The first option only stifles speech while serving no real purpose and the second option allows for the forum to be overcome with shit about 440 vs CEO. Seems to me that the best option is the one that's happening already - lumping it all together in one thread.
User avatar
juansweetpotato
Expatriate
Posts: 2637
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:45 pm
Reputation: 75

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by juansweetpotato » Fri May 01, 2015 9:28 am

Well that was a show stopper. Wish she had posted that info on stupidoldmaliciouscunts.com .
Happy to see MeMo here. Not so happy to see LTO and the other K440 pompous arseholes though. Are you really sure they give your site the required je ne sais quoi General? :ROFL2: Are all their posts 'gold' over here too? I am sick of their agendarist policies and thinking myself. I don't think I've ever seen people be that intelligent on some things (admittedly their view can often still be challenged - if allowed) and post such utter misleading bollocks when it comes to other subjects on purpose. Do I feel like I have been stabbed in the back for calling them out on it? Definitely. Do I care? Meh, I can't be bothered talking to people like that in real life, it just indicated to me that I shouldn't be bothered talking to them online either: they cant be trusted.
Plus they make me feel physically sick on the death threads, the last straw was them wishing Nick dead while laying recovering from a brain operation in Calmette, a hospital they all kept posting (wrongly) was a death sentence in its self.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by vladimir » Fri May 01, 2015 10:55 am

The Brit Embassy thread was an eye-opener, i was really shocked to see people that I had looked up to joining the 'flush them down the toilet' crowd. Perhaps if Nick dies, then they will all chorus 'RIP', whilst simultaneously wringing their hands with glee and relief that they are now clear of being asked to help or even express any sympathy...or even just to shut up.

As I have stated on that forum, I know for that a few in the club have done hard drugs and alcohol to max levels, and one has received financial help when they were down and out.

For them not to see the hypocrisy, it just staggers me.

I guess money and a desire to be part of a group does make one mean, even if it's a pittance by international standards.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
User avatar
takeoman
Expatriate
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 3:20 pm
Reputation: 85
Location: Takeo Province
Ireland

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by takeoman » Fri May 01, 2015 11:45 am

vladimir wrote:The Brit Embassy thread was an eye-opener, i was really shocked to see people that I had looked up to joining the 'flush them down the toilet' crowd. Perhaps if Nick dies, then they will all chorus 'RIP', whilst simultaneously wringing their hands with glee and relief that they are now clear of being asked to help or even express any sympathy...or even just to shut up.

As I have stated on that forum, I know for that a few in the club have done hard drugs and alcohol to max levels, and one has received financial help when they were down and out.

For them not to see the hypocrisy, it just staggers me.

I guess money and a desire to be part of a group does make one mean, even if it's a pittance by international standards.
The fact that Nick is now seriously ill, his life having been saved by a hospital, which I seem to remember you regularly run down, does not change the fact that the original story had more holes than a sieve. The two gentlemen were suppose to be destitute, but it transpired Dashwood C. first met them, not camped outside the Embassy, but drinking beer at an Indian restaurant. The god hearted people who helped them told how they were desperate to return home. Yet on the day that he hoped to receive his emergency travel document Nick elected to stay in bed as "he had the squirts".
These and other facts convinced many that the whole episode was a scam, while others with kinder hearts accepted their story completely, this led to the usual escalation of claims and counter claims that typify 440. Having ploughed through the entire thread I would say neither side emerges with a great deal of credit as regards the mud slinging, half truths and personal insults that were tossed about, but then that seems to be what 440 has always existed for. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by vladimir » Fri May 01, 2015 12:19 pm

takeoman wrote:The fact that Nick is now seriously ill, his life having been saved by a hospital, which I seem to remember you regularly run down, does not change the fact that the original story had more holes than a sieve.
It has kept Nick alive so far, to its credit, but I would argue that the success stories are far outweighed by the negative ones. But I am not the only one who would not go there unless I were unconscious. And some of its staff tried to sell bodies to the family after the Bridge Disaster.

I'm not sure what your point is here, but if it is that because Calmette did something right, then my whole opinion is invalid, then the logic is scary.

We are not talking about Calmette, we're taking about 2 people (now just Nick)

And regarding 'more holes than sieve', yes, there are unanswered questions, but most have just posted what they THINK, rather than what they KNOW.

My biggest beef was the lack of response to their plight by the embassy, and the 'flush them down the toilet' crowd's complete lack of sympathy; wait, it 's not even that bad, they couldn't just not have sympathy, or ignore it, they had to attack them and treat them as guilty of scamming...

AND THIS WITHOUT ANYONE ACTUALLY KNOWING THE TRUE STORY.

Yes, we know people are supposed to report thefts to the police, but seriously, does everyone do that in this country/ When it costs you money to make a report? You know and i know most people avoid the police like the plague. And the toilet crowd ASSUME that the two guys knew they had to report the theft in Sihanoukville rather than Phnom Penh.

You would squeal like a beatch if a jury assumed to the same extent if it were you in the dock.

Perhaps in your country they don't practise innocent until PROVEN guilty, I don't know.

I still feel sorry for them and hope Nick gets better and repatriated.

if that offends you, or anyone else, I don't care.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
User avatar
LTO
Expatriate
Posts: 1384
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:28 pm
Reputation: 7
Location: KH
Contact:

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by LTO » Fri May 01, 2015 12:37 pm

vladimir wrote:...My biggest beef was the lack of response to their plight by the embassy, and the 'flush them down the toilet' crowd's complete lack of sympathy; wait, it 's not even that bad, they couldn't just not have sympathy, or ignore it, they had to attack them and treat them as guilty of scamming...

AND THIS WITHOUT ANYONE ACTUALLY KNOWING THE TRUE STORY...
What I have always found kind of interesting about that was, in so far as it is true that people didn't "know" the truth of the story, they similarly don't know what the embassy knows, the basis for their decisions, whether they responded appropriately, or even what exactly they have actually done, yet the embassy is faulted by many for not doing the right thing. If one cannot comment on the singlet twins due to a supposed 'lack of knowledge,' surely they can't comment on the embassy's actions either. If one is part of the "we don't know" crowd, all that can really be said is to list an infinite number of possible scenarios that may have occured and how the singlets/embassy were right or wrong in each, or just say nothing at all.
Last edited by LTO on Fri May 01, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
User avatar
takeoman
Expatriate
Posts: 523
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 3:20 pm
Reputation: 85
Location: Takeo Province
Ireland

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by takeoman » Fri May 01, 2015 12:47 pm

[quote="vladimir"

if that offends you, or anyone else, I don't care.[/quote


Why would I be offended? Amused by your inflated opinion of yourself perhaps but never offended. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
Joker Poker
Expatriate
Posts: 1344
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 9:37 pm
Reputation: 126

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by Joker Poker » Fri May 01, 2015 5:19 pm

Sorry to hear that Joon.

Hope things are coming together for you now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 620 guests