If You Have Something Random to Say About Khmer440.com

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: the other forum

Post by OrangeDragon »

as for pete... which came first? did he create that environment of elitism, and it now festers on without him. or did it create him and his elitist moderation views in an attempt to retain those members?

the world may never know.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

i haven't lurked there for a while but i am gobsmacked by this new forum for complaints wherein the first thread had to be locked due to the ungovernable posters.

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/view ... 41&t=48981

LMAO

HIGHLY entertaining!

some of them look down on us here oddly.

i am now prepared to believe it was not solely pete's fault.

wow, poor old scobie wanting to make that a commercial enterprise.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote:Ha! Scobie sets up a brand new forum called the "Sound Off" where you can start threads complaining and whining about moderation decisions, etc, then HE complains to his members about complaining!

And he had to lock the first thread in there! : facepalm:

Scobie seems to be trying hard, but he is losing the plot. My retarded ferret could have told him what a stupid idea his Sound Off forum was.

So now is probably a good time to thank all of our fellow CEO members for being pretty self-moderating most of the time.

I'm also glad that you guys have enough faith in our Mod Team that we don't have to spend half our time defending our decisions. Seriously, it's a pleasure to run this forum, and thank fuck we don't have to deal with the asinine shit that they're going through over there at the moment. We're still less than a year old and we've established ourselves pretty good in that time!

I'm surprised that so many old-timers are hanging in there. For Christ's sake, they censor images and language so that they don't lose their Google AdSense. At least Scobie has been honest about only buying the K440 domain to make money. Can't say he didn't warn people.

It seems that everyone agrees over there that they used to read almost all the threads, but now they just can't be bothered as they have to wade through so much crap before they come across anything worth reading.

Try as they may, the place still reeks of an ol' boy's circle jerk club.
How much for the talking retarded ferret?
OrangeDragon wrote:as for pete... which came first? did he create that environment of elitism, and it now festers on without him. or did it create him and his elitist moderation views in an attempt to retain those members?.
I think it's fair to say his spirit lives on over there.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

meh- all stiff upper lip
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

I wouldn't gloat too much. The problems they have there with shit-stirring posters will find there way here in time. It has yet to be seen how the CEO mod team handles so many knobheads like K440 has to deal with. It won't be long. By the way, almost all the threads in their new Sound Off section were moved there from other sections and are weeks old. As an attempt to clear those whinging moderation threads from cluttering up the rest of their site, I think it makes sense.

I thought we agreed to only one K440 thread. This one should be merged with that one.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Everyone talk about K440. I wonder if K440 is the brother of CEO?
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

no, we are the red headed step child.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

I am following Little salary. :)
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Soi Dog wrote:The problems they have there with shit-stirring posters will find there way here in time. It has yet to be seen how the CEO mod team handles so many knobheads like K440 has to deal with.
I'm confident that the CEO Mod Team will handle things better than K440 is doing right now. They are all over the place.

Banned for a week? No problem, Scobie will be around in a minute to unban you! :facepalm:

Someone posts your picture and links to your Facebook page? No problem, since the mods don't think it was "malicious." : facepalm:

Hopefully we won't ever be in that boat, as we listen to our members and use their feedback to improve shit around here BEFORE we get to the point of no return.

Scobie just needs to grow some balls and start making (preferably good) decisions. Gavin has nicknamed him "King Pussy" and it seems fitting. Scobie is trying to please everyone, and is failing miserably at it.

I really don't know why Scobie wanted to run a forum. He seems to get no pleasure from it at all.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: If You Have Something Random to Say About K440, Put It H

Post by General Mackevili »

Soi Dog wrote:
I thought we agreed to only one K440 thread. This one should be merged with that one.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic