What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Post by OrangeDragon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:08 pm

potty wrote:if this is a stressful life, then...

I thought the same as randompeeps...
as stressful as you want to make it in most cases... but i will say the life of a forum owner is not without its struggles. stress between partners when we don't agree, stress with users yanking our chains to see how far they can push us, stress with trying to be as fair and impartial 3rd parties as we can be while not protecting 1 person over another...

there's a lot to it... and that's without the occasional hack attempt, advertising solicitation, etc.
potty
Expatriate
Posts: 1284
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:20 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Post by potty » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:09 pm

I feel for you, OD.
sounds really horrible.
Last edited by potty on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rick_o'shea
Expatriate
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:04 pm
Reputation: 13

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Post by rick_o'shea » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:10 pm

randompeeps wrote:
The Add Jay wrote:Do I make the major leap and say this thread has something to do with a death of someone?
Dude spends 10 years tearing people apart in one sided online vendettas where his victims have no right of reply, then dies of stress a few days after he becomes the subject of vendettas on a forum he doesn't contol.

I think there's a word for that, it's a bit like irony but different.
Karma is a bitch.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Post by OrangeDragon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:13 pm

potty wrote:I feel for you, OD.
sounds really horrible.
Don't.... its a labor of love, but stressful none the less.
potty
Expatriate
Posts: 1284
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:20 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Post by potty » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:15 pm

ok
User avatar
bendix
Expatriate
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 2:01 pm
Reputation: 3

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Post by bendix » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:58 pm

OrangeDragon wrote:
potty wrote:I feel for you, OD.
sounds really horrible.
Don't.... its a labor of love, but stressful none the less.

Spot on. It's fucking stressful, but I'm loving doing it. You described it perfectly OD.
UKJ
Expatriate
Posts: 849
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:37 am
Reputation: 0

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Post by UKJ » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:59 pm

OrangeDragon wrote:
potty wrote:if this is a stressful life, then...

I thought the same as randompeeps...
as stressful as you want to make it in most cases... but i will say the life of a forum owner is not without its struggles. stress between partners when we don't agree, stress with users yanking our chains to see how far they can push us, stress with trying to be as fair and impartial 3rd parties as we can be while not protecting 1 person over another...

there's a lot to it... and that's without the occasional hack attempt, advertising solicitation, etc.
Oh please! :facepalm: Owning a forum is not stressful in any measurable level.
UKJ
Expatriate
Posts: 849
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:37 am
Reputation: 0

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Post by UKJ » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:01 pm

bendix wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
potty wrote:I feel for you, OD.
sounds really horrible.
Don't.... its a labor of love, but stressful none the less.[/quote


Spot on. It's fucking stressful, but I'm loving doing it. You described it perfectly OD.
Don't encourage his tale of woe :D
User avatar
Digg3r
Expatriate
Posts: 1642
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 8:55 pm
Reputation: 57
Korea North

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Post by Digg3r » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:05 pm

UKJ wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
potty wrote:if this is a stressful life, then...

I thought the same as randompeeps...
as stressful as you want to make it in most cases... but i will say the life of a forum owner is not without its struggles. stress between partners when we don't agree, stress with users yanking our chains to see how far they can push us, stress with trying to be as fair and impartial 3rd parties as we can be while not protecting 1 person over another...

there's a lot to it... and that's without the occasional hack attempt, advertising solicitation, etc.
Oh please! :facepalm: Owning a forum is not stressful in any measurable level.
Anything can be stressful. It all depends how the individual handles it. I wonder why people stress about their jobs. It doesn't mean they shouldn't it just means that I don't.

There is a likelihood that the current expat death may have been suicide brought about by stress and/or depression. Quite possibly linked to having owned a forum.

I must note that depression is the leading killer of adult makes in Australia up to the age of 43. 21 fathers every week suicide in Australia thanks to the bizarre ways of the family court.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Post by OrangeDragon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Nothing about this suggests suicide or homicide... not sure where you and the chicken keep getting these weird speculations.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Johno35 and 95 guests