What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
PhnomRon
Expatriate
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:22 am
Karma: 0

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Postby PhnomRon » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:47 am

Stop being such a crybaby and blowhard OrangeDragon. What specific forum rule did he break? Let's say I walk into any Phnom Penh bar tonight and angrily say to the owner, within earshot of everyone, "You're a fucking cunt. You're egotistical. No one likes you. You're a shitty bar owner. You're fucking pathetic. Fuck off!" Then I add, "Oh, I'll have an appletini ."

Do you think I'll get the drink? Probably not. I would be tossed out on my ass, and rightly so. It's his place. I would not then complain to my friends, "This is so unfair, I've heard the owner and other people swear in there. Inconsistency!!! Arrgh!!"
User avatar
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4189
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Karma: 8
United States of America

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Postby OrangeDragon » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:01 pm

But, I'd be willing the bet the same owner would give you the boot for saying that to another of his customers as well...
User avatar
ali baba
Expatriate
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:27 am
Karma: 2

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Postby ali baba » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:03 pm

Have you read KiR's signature PhnomRon?
KiR set the tone and others followed.
keeping_it_riel's signature wrote:I am not inappropriate. You are just f*cking boring.
So the analogy would be: a publican insults you, swears at you and then kicks you out after you respond in kind.
Scarier than malaria.
User avatar
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:14 am
Karma: 0
Location: Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh
Canada

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Postby FreeSocrates! » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:08 pm

And then all the pipes burst in the bar and there is a foot of water on the floor and the bar owner is still in lala land thinking he can get alot of money for it.

One thing mentioned to me a little while ago (I thought it was a pretty intelligent observation) was that no one ever stands up or vouches for KiR.

Most be lonely at the top.
Last edited by FreeSocrates! on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
User avatar
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Posts: 754
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 9:50 am
Karma: 10
Nigeria

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Postby Garry.Crabtree » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:54 pm

I'm probably going to upset a few people with this one as he probably the man responsible for banned most of you. But the one poster who is always worth reading on K440 is gavinmac.

Being a lawyer he looks at things totally differently to me, and probably all other human beings, but his views and opinions are always interesting. Plus he always can research people much better than me so if you want the dirt on someone then gavinmac your man.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
User avatar
giblet
Expatriate
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 7:01 pm
Karma: 0

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Postby giblet » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:55 pm

I agree. Gavinmac is hilarious and is very good at conducting investigations via Google.
Cam Nivag
Expatriate
Posts: 929
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:17 am
Karma: 45
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Postby Cam Nivag » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:07 pm

Garry.Crabtree wrote:I'm probably going to upset a few people with this one as he probably the man responsible for banned most of you.
i don't think Gavinmac banned that many posters, as least not permanently banned.
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12494
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 207
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Postby General Mackevili » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:07 pm

PhnomRon wrote:
Then I add, "Oh, I'll have an appletini ."

I would be tossed out on my ass, and rightly so. It's his place.
I would guess that asking for an appletini would get you kicked out of most bars in Phnom Penh, LoL.



Actually, I love you example! It's a good one that shows the root of the problem.

While I agree with you that you probably wouldn't get served if you walked into a bar and said that TO THE OWNER. You also wouldn't get served if you walked into the same bar and said that TO ANOTHER CUSTOMER, and you certainly wouldn't expect to walk into that bar and have the owner say that TO YOU.

In your appropriate scenario, if KiR had a bar it would go like this....

The walk in, you order your appletini.

KiR snickers.

All his good ol' boys in the corner circle jerking also snicker.

They happen to be discussing the game. Luckily they all root for the same team. You walk into the conversation saying you happen to like the OTHER team.

The bar owner and his friends ridicule you.

Randomly, another stranger walks into the bar. KiR calls them a twatflannel for no reason and forces them to leave because, you know, he's the boss and he can.

Meanwhile, the tension is growing because you still like a different team them KiR and the good ol' boys. You're taking insults left and right.

The bar owner, KiR, sees another random person sitting in his bar a few tables over. Decides to stand up and shout out "You cock trumpet!!!" to them for no real reason, LoL. They try to reply, but he kicks them out of his bar before they have a chance.

Luckily, by now, 2 of his bouncers see how out of control he is and how his actions are causing his customers to leave. Let's just call them Scavin and Gobienz. They decide they've seen enough and tell KiR to settle down. Oh no! He's losing what little of the pot he has left!

After seeing all this you decide that it's probably OK if you call the bar owner an asshole. After all, him and the good ol' boys seem to be doing it...

You say, "hey assho...."

And before you can finish the word, he's already kicked you out, LoL.

But don't sweat it! You can walk right across the street to a brand new bar that is quickly becoming the go-to spot for Cambodia expat bar-hoppers! It's no surprise, because the 2 owners are nice guys that even the bouncers and many other people from over on K440 vouch for. They're trying to run a fun place with less negativity. Yes, people still talk shit and have goes at each other from time to time, but the vibe is much cooler and they don't tolerate fucked up shit like racism, etc.

So, while I know my story was a little silly, that's kind of how it is over there.

I don't think most people have a problem with DM getting banned from Khmer440 (which seems to be a popular club these days) for saying what he said, they have a problem with KiR being able to say the exact same things or worse, and allowing and encouraging others to say things like that to other non-K440-click-approved posters.

Do you see it? It's a huge double standard. That's the problem. It has nothing to do with the number of F-bombs in there, it has to do with KiR doing and saying anything he wants on his site, yet deleting banning anyone who stands up against him.

Luckily, with CEO in the picture now he's been forced to be on his toes. He can't censor like he used to be able to do.

Also, the rules over here on CEO are simple: if admin/mods can say it, then you can naturally assume they everyone can say it; and if they can't say it, nobody else can say it either.

Nobody likes being the victim of double standards. Nobody. But that's one thing they K440 has been fucking up on since forever and they clearly can't correct that and seem to have no intentions of ever doing do.

Things are progressing nicely over here on CEO, and it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see why.

"If you build it (correctly from the ground up), they will come."

I hope you're starting to see the big picture.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12494
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 207
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Postby General Mackevili » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:21 pm

Garry.Crabtree wrote:I'm probably going to upset a few people with this one as he probably the man responsible for banned most of you. But the one poster who is always worth reading on K440 is gavinmac.

Being a lawyer he looks at things totally differently to me, and probably all other human beings, but his views and opinions are always interesting. Plus he always can research people much better than me so if you want the dirt on someone then gavinmac your man.
giblet wrote:I agree. Gavinmac is hilarious and is very good at conducting investigations via Google.
Amen, LoL! ! I would love him over here, but seeing how KiR treats most people that wonder over here, he might be the first banned moderator if he did!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
User avatar
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:14 am
Karma: 0
Location: Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh
Canada

Re: What K440 Poster Would You Like to See On Here?

Postby FreeSocrates! » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:31 pm

I suspect for the last few years that K440 existed purely on "pluralistic ignorance".
In social psychology, pluralistic ignorance is a situation in which a majority of group members privately reject a norm, but incorrectly assume that most others accept it, and therefore go along with it.
I think the existence of CEO and how quickly it sprang to life proves this.

People are starting to see that "The Emperor wears no clothes", and are no longer willing to go along with it.

Garry.Crabtree wrote:I'm probably going to upset a few people with this one as he probably the man responsible for banned most of you. But the one poster who is always worth reading on K440 is gavinmac.

Being a lawyer he looks at things totally differently to me, and probably all other human beings, but his views and opinions are always interesting. Plus he always can research people much better than me so if you want the dirt on someone then gavinmac your man.
I met him the other night. I thought he was a reasonable and interesting guy. I'd be surprised if he banned me, but I have no clue, but in fact I don't really care.

I got the impression he doesn't like some of my comments on here, so be it.

I don't have a problem with his comments and I don't dislike the guy.

In fact some of his articles are quite interesting and I like how he pursues facts about a story.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.


  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Asinine Arena (Enter at Your Own Risk)”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 73 guests