"Unrelated to my Faith?" Say What?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
User avatar
dagenham
Expatriate
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:11 pm
Reputation: 2
Great Britain

Re: Re:

Post by dagenham » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:46 pm

StroppyChops wrote:
dagenham wrote:b) Again, I've read the passages. I shall find them.
I look forward to discussing them with you when you find them.
So, the entire born-again Christian cult is bogus? Is that what you are asserting? There is no Judgement Day? No 2nd Coming? No accepting JC as the sole savior, son of God? There is no Satan? No threat of going to Hell? Really? Are we talking about some white-washed sanitized eco-green left-wing version of Christianity here? You're sprouting nonsense by denying these even exist in the bible...hmmm... <some other ranting> ... Although as we both well know a Christian aint a Christian aint a Christian. And you, apparently have cobbled together your own version - leaving out all the dramatic juicy bits - like hell damnation, etc.
You're very good. Possibly one of the best trolls I've seen. Kudos - it took me a while to realise you were trolling, although I did work it out a few posts back and thought I'd use the platform anyway. Hey, it's Sunday, thanks for the opportunity to get the Sunday Sermon out there! There's not a single point in your rant above that has come from me, and what you have done is very effectively deflect from the points in our discussion that you haven't liked. It (your rant above) is all you, buddy, and it seems to me that the points you raise bother you more than you'll admit. Happy to discuss further with you over a beer.
Brother, it's not supposed to come from you - it's coming from your bible. You fail to address any of the valid points I raised as if they don't exist in the "good book". Deflection? You are the one deflecting and not admitting that Christianity has some very nasty threats embedded in its scriptures.

A troll I'm not. An inquiring mind of an Agnostic I am. A hater of missionaries (of any faith) I am. Yet another important topic you completely skirt...wonder why that is?
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
flying chicken
Expatriate
Posts: 1559
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 5:51 am
Reputation: 0

Re: "Unrelated to my Faith?" Say What?

Post by flying chicken » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:57 pm

The only valid point that Degahan with his CSI that did you snatch anybody's wallet from the street. A Very good street citizen.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
User avatar
dagenham
Expatriate
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:11 pm
Reputation: 2
Great Britain

Re: "Unrelated to my Faith?" Say What?

Post by dagenham » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:13 pm

flying chicken wrote:The only valid point that Degahan with his CSI that did you snatch anybody's wallet from the street. A Very good street citizen.
google translation needed here...aerial poultry is on the glass meth pipe again it appears...
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
User avatar
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Posts: 6077
Joined: Mon May 12, 2014 6:51 pm
Reputation: 185
Location: The Kremlin
Russia

Re: "Unrelated to my Faith?" Say What?

Post by vladimir » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:41 pm

The point that Dagenham is making is ( I think) the following:

Talking about what it says in the bible is a bit fruitless. The point is why do people believe it, when most of them know so very little about the people that wrote it, or more importantly, their motive for doing so?

Bit of a stupid argument, no one can win.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
User avatar
dagenham
Expatriate
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 6:11 pm
Reputation: 2
Great Britain

Re: "Unrelated to my Faith?" Say What?

Post by dagenham » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:58 pm

vladimir wrote:The point that Dagenham is making is ( I think) the following:

Talking about what it says in the bible is a bit fruitless. The point is why do people believe it, when most of them know so very little about the people that wrote it, or more importantly, their motive for doing so?

Bit of a stupid argument, no one can win.
Agreed. There are no actual "facts" to discuss. What I'm most interested in the inherent Christian "threat" as I have spoken about at length about. Stroppy, a nice fella I'm sure, won't even admit key aspects of the bible that are fiercely negative toward any non-believers (i.e. roasting in hell). I think that he has home-brewed some "nice and furry" version of Christianity for his own consumption and that is why he refuses to discuss damnation, purgatory, the 2nd coming, Satan, etc.

MJ's "We are the World"...maybe?
Winston Churchill said, "Have a cigar, a glass of brandy, pet your dog and get a blow job daily for a productive and fulfilling life"
User avatar
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 5:03 pm
Reputation: 37
United States of America

Re: "Unrelated to my Faith?" Say What?

Post by Jacobincambodia » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:17 pm

This has been fascinating to read. I'm a Christian and I've found that trying to debate my faith with someone else is a waste of time because most of what I believe is based in faith.

I do find it interesting that this has carried on for so long, especially by some who aren't interested in a faith based beliefs.
User avatar
Jacobincambodia
Expatriate
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun May 11, 2014 5:03 pm
Reputation: 37
United States of America

Re: "Unrelated to my Faith?" Say What?

Post by Jacobincambodia » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:18 pm

StroppyChops wrote:
Tim Linkinwater wrote:Reasoned and interesting stuff, Stroppy.

You and ole Moody Mac shine a very positive light on your faith.
Thank you Tim, that's kind of you to say.
I've read your responses and you've done a incredible job explaining Christianity to others. You really do have a gift with words!
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1026
Australia

Re: Re:

Post by StroppyChops » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:30 pm

dagenham wrote:Brother, it's not supposed to come from you - it's coming from your bible. You fail to address any of the valid points I raised as if they don't exist in the "good book". Deflection? You are the one deflecting and not admitting that Christianity has some very nasty threats embedded in its scriptures.

A troll I'm not. An inquiring mind of an Agnostic I am. A hater of missionaries (of any faith) I am. Yet another important topic you completely skirt...wonder why that is?
To quote Tim, you're talking shite. Seriously, man, you've been talking shite for pages, but that's cool, that's what forums are good for some times. You've attempted to put a whole lot of words in my mouth, or misquote me completely, and you've hit a point where you're just going around in small pungent circles. The way you've done this from page 1 is classic trolling - you're an excellent manipulator, so kudos for that, but just because you say it doesn't make it so. Your posts paint a very vivid picture of a frothing overexcited troll who genuinely thinks he has the upper hand in an argument he thinks he's winning (despite that the other 'contestant' was never playing the same game) - congratulations on that, I was enjoying the discussion with you but feel absolutely no need to justify God or the Bible to you, neither need my help. If you were truly looking for a discussion I'd be there in spades, but you're not, you're just out to demonstrate your prowess and intolerance.

I'm confident that Christianity has some points that you don't like and don't accept - what do you want from me on that, an apology? You repeatedly claim you've read threats in the Bible that you seem to take very personally - so what? You don't believe, so why are you so passionate about it? You believe it's your place to define my faith - what nonsense. Apart from questioning whether you are by definition an agnostic or atheist (because frankly your posts show you're deluding yourself), at what point have I tried to define what you believe or not? I openly declare I'm a Christian missionary - I have never not - and now we're actually getting down to the truth of the matter. Your hatred of things you don't understand, accept, or agree with it.

And yet you want to tell me about tolerant religions?

What you are, brother, is a hypocrite on the scale of any hypocrites you'd criticise in the Christian church. That said, I'm very human too, and will gladly share a beer with you and we can discuss further, or not.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1026
Australia

Re:

Post by StroppyChops » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:33 pm

Jacobincambodia wrote:This has been fascinating to read. I'm a Christian and I've found that trying to debate my faith with someone else is a waste of time because most of what I believe is based in faith.
Matthew 7.6 springs to mind, Jacob, but I'm sure you're already there!
I do find it interesting that this has carried on for so long, especially by some who aren't interested in a faith based beliefs.
That was the point I made earlier - personally I'm really happy to bash it out with dagenham as he's giving me airtime! BTW thanks for that, brother dagenham, you've been wonderful!
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10598
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 1026
Australia

Re: "Unrelated to my Faith?" Say What?

Post by StroppyChops » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:41 pm

vladimir wrote:The point that Dagenham is making is ( I think) the following: Talking about what it says in the bible is a bit fruitless. The point is why do people believe it, when most of them know so very little about the people that wrote it, or more importantly, their motive for doing so?
You do get the irony that dagenham's OP was to ask about what the Bible said about drinking 24 cans, right? You're a smart guy, I'm sure you do. Actually I think you give dagenham far too much credit - your attempt to summarise his argument is for more lucid, coherent, and frankly, interesting.
Bit of a stupid argument, no one can win.
Possibly, but at least as productive and hopefully thought provoking as some of our other discussions on penis size versus drinking capabilities.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 67 guests