Phnom Penh's Twin Music City is... Subotica, Serbia of course (According to BBC's Shazam App Data)

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Phnom Penh's Twin Music City is... Subotica, Serbia of course (According to BBC's Shazam App Data)

Post by General Mackevili »

Easy guess, right? ;)

Sorry, I'm in my hotel and the ONLY English channel I have is BBC News, and this caught my ADHD attention for some strange reason.

It's an "app" (although there doesn't seem to be Twin Musical City App you can download) that Shazam helped BBC with that allows you to see the top songs/music being searched for in your city and it gives you a Twin City which also searches for the same music.

Here is Phnom Penh, which I must say that I'm relieved to not see Justin Bieber in the top 5:

They even list Siem Reap:

If you want to find your own Musical Twin City (which I'm sure you all do), here is the link...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt ... c7d75c5407

Shazam is a software application that helps people identify pieces of music. Users of the app play an extract of a song on their smartphones or computers. If the app recognises the extract, it displays the name of the artist and the song.

The company shared with the BBC the top 10 songs being looked up during November in each of 4,900 places to enable the creation of this page. We have matched as many songs as possible in Shazam's data with the BBC music database to enable readers to listen to clips of the songs. There are over 10,000 different tracks in total. Not all their titles are available in English.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Phnom Penh's Twin Music City is... Subotica, Serbia of course (According to BBC's Shazam App Data)

Post by prahkeitouj »

Like to listen the songs while I'm working at home. Sam Smith isn't handsome, but good looking and do love his songs. Writing's on the wall in Spectre. Like I can is my best favorite. :)
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Phnom Penh's Twin Music City is... Subotica, Serbia of course (According to BBC's Shazam App Data)

Post by General Mackevili »

Sam Smith? I've never even heard of him.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Here is he. Like I can.

I'm not the only one.

Writing's on the wall in Spectre movie.

កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic