Top Gear Forced to Flee Argentina

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
wackyjacky
Expatriate
Posts: 1640
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:40 pm
Reputation: 1

Top Gear Forced to Flee Argentina

Post by wackyjacky » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:27 am

They had to blow town & abandon their cars due to the locals believing Clarkson's license plate H982FKL referred to the Falkland's War. http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/o ... arkson-bbc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Image

Image
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 10398
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Reputation: 1392
Australia

Re: Top Gear Forced to Flee Argentina

Post by frank lee bent » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:41 am

Clarkson goes a bit far sometimes. He seems drunk to me.
Mr Curious
Expatriate
Posts: 664
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:26 am
Reputation: 15
United States of America

Re: Top Gear Forced to Flee Argentina

Post by Mr Curious » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:11 pm

I think it's some kind of Aspegers or something. He seems to either not CARE or not KNOW when he's gone/going too far. Plate probably WAS referring to the Falklands. Maybe it's partly a Brit thang. Seems some of em do a swagger, forgetting the sun set on the Empire a LONG TIME ago. Not everyone finds this humorous I'm guessing. Them boys had the same problem in Alabama too. It was funny. They looked truly scared :)
ali baba
Expatriate
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:27 am
Reputation: 6

Re: Top Gear Forced to Flee Argentina

Post by ali baba » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:03 pm

ImageImage
Scarier than malaria.
UKJ
Expatriate
Posts: 849
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:37 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Top Gear Forced to Flee Argentina

Post by UKJ » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:08 pm

Mr Curious wrote:I think it's some kind of Aspegers or something. He seems to either not CARE or not KNOW when he's gone/going too far. Plate probably WAS referring to the Falklands. Maybe it's partly a Brit thang. Seems some of em do a swagger, forgetting the sun set on the Empire a LONG TIME ago. Not everyone finds this humorous I'm guessing. Them boys had the same problem in Alabama too. It was funny. They looked truly scared :)
I disagree. Us Brits couldn't give a flying fuck about the empire, or are embarrassed by it's brutality and exploitation. It's never mentioned, unless by others when blaming slavery on any white people whatsoever, from parts of Europe. Or people on the internet dragging up the past for no apparent reason whatsoever. It isn't taught in schools. It's over, finished, in the past, and most Brits couldn't tell you much about it. Time you got over it!
The Falklands war was in the eighties. And mega rich, spoiled, middle class twits like Clarkson, aren't representative of Bits in general. Obviously. :facepalm:
wackyjacky
Expatriate
Posts: 1640
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:40 pm
Reputation: 1

Re: Top Gear Forced to Flee Argentina

Post by wackyjacky » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:49 pm

Clarkson's the only reason I download TG. Without him it would be worse than the American spin off - which is un-watchable & totally sucks.
Soi Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 2236
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:53 am
Reputation: 5

Re: Top Gear Forced to Flee Argentina

Post by Soi Dog » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:11 pm

For all you Clarkson fans....here is a funny piss take.

Mr Curious
Expatriate
Posts: 664
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:26 am
Reputation: 15
United States of America

Re: Top Gear Forced to Flee Argentina

Post by Mr Curious » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:22 pm

UKJ wrote:
Mr Curious wrote:I think it's some kind of Aspegers or something. He seems to either not CARE or not KNOW when he's gone/going too far. Plate probably WAS referring to the Falklands. Maybe it's partly a Brit thang. Seems some of em do a swagger, forgetting the sun set on the Empire a LONG TIME ago. Not everyone finds this humorous I'm guessing. Them boys had the same problem in Alabama too. It was funny. They looked truly scared :)
I disagree. Us Brits couldn't give a flying fuck about the empire, or are embarrassed by it's brutality and exploitation. It's never mentioned, unless by others when blaming slavery on any white people whatsoever, from parts of Europe. Or people on the internet dragging up the past for no apparent reason whatsoever. It isn't taught in schools. It's over, finished, in the past, and most Brits couldn't tell you much about it. Time you got over it!
The Falklands war was in the eighties. And mega rich, spoiled, middle class twits like Clarkson, aren't representative of Bits in general. Obviously. :facepalm:
I am not going thru dozens of posts to find examples of this, surely it's most often in jest, but I can't see how you have not seen posts by guys talking about how folks should see it their way, the proper civilized way an so on. I never said I think most or even that many think this, I just know I've seen it. and obviously the Argentinians believed this was going on with Top Gear.
Soi Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 2236
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:53 am
Reputation: 5

Re: Top Gear Forced to Flee Argentina

Post by Soi Dog » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:24 pm

It would be more of an English attitude than a Scottish or Welsh attitude.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 10528
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Reputation: 981
Australia

Re: Top Gear Forced to Flee Argentina

Post by StroppyChops » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:30 pm

Soi Dog wrote:It would be more of an English attitude than a Scottish or Welsh attitude.
The Scots and the Welsh are too tight to give attitude, aren't they?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kuroneko and 82 guests