Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
User avatar
Joon
Expatriate
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 3:02 pm
Reputation: 3
Location: M'Penh.
Cambodia

Re: Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam

Post by Joon » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:10 pm

He stopped responding because he said he's doing so IN THIS THREAD.

Up to you to resurrect another debate in a new thread, so you guys are being pretty childish in taunting him in this thread.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
UKJ
Expatriate
Posts: 849
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:37 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam

Post by UKJ » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:13 pm

dagenham wrote:
UKJ wrote:
----------------
So far, Dr Hammond sounds like he knows what he is talking about. It's 2/2 so far, unless RD and OD can prove different.
Mate, you're missing some synapses misfiring here...extrapolating from Ethiopia to the UK and OZ?

Granted, all 3 countries are very similar indeed. In fact, they share all the barometers of wealth, secure borders, level of democracy and education, judicial and enforcement systems, etc.

You're trumped us all here, by Jove! "You really got me, you really got me." Hey, was that a song by Sonny and Cher?

The weight of your intellectual argument is crushing me. Geez.
I moved on to the article RD attacked on but isn't man enough to debate. I said so on the first line. It's not my fault you can't keep up.

The rest of your post is drunk gibberish. You must be pissed, as I've had a heavy night, and even I see it's bull. :friends:[/quote]

Everyone can see what tiny intellect that is left inside that brain of yours is exhausted...you're a self-sucking vacuum, mate. Aint no one on your side here, but your buddy SC? Isn't that telling you something?

You guys need to find a new island for all you like-minded frightened souls to share...[/quote]

Actually, everyone can see you and RD can't debate a subject. You make personal attacks, go on mad tangents, yet always avoid the original topic. You occasionally dip in to the relevant topic, but resort to childish fantasies and personal insults when shot down. But at least you show up. :thumb: Rain Dog is a drive by smear merchant. Confront him, and he vanishes.[/quote]

You are the one not addressing the issues:

a) I quoted SC and you making wild claims about both the UK and OZ turning Islamist "into the future"

b) You used Ethiopia as a relevant example, of all countries, to bolster your argument about the UK and OZ

You skirt both points like you didn't even say them - but they are there on the thread...

I'm using humor and irony with you because, frankly, you seem quite "mad"...as in not all there...[/quote]

You are mixing points. Ethiopia was regarding RD's attacking me for posting Dr Hammonds piece. That's why I separate posts. Either RD negates Dr Hammonds arguments, or they stand, proving I'm not the things he said. So far, Dr Hammond is ahead 2 - 0, in football terms!

Into the future?
I obviously don't know. But if we stop homophobia , Female Genital Mutilation, ( new to the UK) .and mistreatment of women from every religion/ man , and encourage tolerance, rather than muslim patrols, then that would obviously be good. Do you think muslims will stop at Bradford being an anti Israeli city? Stop at the Birmingham Trojan horse school plot?
The Chinese and Russian women are free etc. Some muslim women aren't allowed to speak, as I said. If their husband dies, they belong to their inlaws!!!!! Please read that again. There are problems with integration, mainly from muslim men. Please address Dr Hammonds piece, so we have a framework to debate from. Otherwise, just sling poo, like you and RD usually do! :D
UKJ
Expatriate
Posts: 849
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:37 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam

Post by UKJ » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:30 pm

Joon wrote:He stopped responding because he said he's doing so IN THIS THREAD.

Up to you to resurrect another debate in a new thread, so you guys are being pretty childish in taunting him in this thread.
Come on Joon! You can't call this a valid reason for running away from his smearing, and non defence.
Rain Dog wrote:tell you what mate. i think this thread has run it course and i doubt many are even reading it now and i am not here to entertain your hateful little obsessions --- so if you want to call in some of your islamophobe pals and start a fresh muslim hating thread in general chatter --- i'll see you there. more fun to expose bigots in public and i doubt anyone is looking here anymore.
Facts.
I don't have " hateful little obsessions". He does.
It's had almost 200 views tonight. RD is a liar. It's 9.28 am UK, and the post count is 1807. Tell him to count! I don't pander to his whims, and let of off the hook on this thread. Man up or shut up, tell him. He's pathetic.

And Joon. How can women be so quiet on their sisters treatment? If a non muslim says a wrong word, they are sueing and screaming blue murder. But regarding Islam, feminists are very quiet.
User avatar
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:10 pm
Reputation: 4
Location: Nung river
Libya

Re: Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam

Post by The Add Jay » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:46 pm

Its the same shit I fight with my best friend here who writes articles for a newspaper. He was brainwashed at a very big name college. After my exhausting amount of time trying to un do the damage that school did to him...hes finally seeing the light. He occasional has a few relapses when he talks about socialism and other dog shit that the mass media pumps.

R.D stopped responded cause he has NO legs to stand on and he knows it. I dont see Catholics chopping girls gentiles off and raping non believers in their own home country. Why do khmer keep the majority of chams on boats???!?!
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.


Ordinem ad Imperium
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam

Post by OrangeDragon » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:48 pm

UKJ wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:UKJ: I think it should be clarified here that not all Islamists are the same. Just as not all christians are the same. I wouldn't be at all quick to lump together people like Westboro Baptist Church members with a "we go on sundays... sometimes" churchgoer at some other random small church. Sure, their beliefs are based on a common premise/book/etc... however their interpretations of them are quite different, and the resulting actions based on those interpretations as well.

The same could easily be said about the Muslim community. Especially as it translates over several countries and continents. For example, would you look that the Cham people here in Cambodia and consider them to be in any way attempting to forward Sharia law in Cambodia? I wouldn't. From what I've seen of them they're a very integrated part of the communities, and exist quite peacefully with their buddhist neighbors. Based on that, I think that generalizing in the way Dr. Hammond has done IS quite wrong, and is based on a limited set of information that has either created or confirmed his bias of an entire religion based on a a few factions of it.
No offence, but I have noticed you like to state the obvious, when most of us take things as a given. It should have been taken as a given that the Las Vegas Police probably do a great job catching rapists and muggers etc, and that I was just commenting on tourists. I forget the other examples. Just as it should be taken as a given that I don't think every muslim is on " muslim patrol" in muslim areas etc. Did you spot that I had a muslim GF? Do you think I would see someone that wasn't a good person with a good heart? I will say though, that her family owned her, and her father knocked the shit out of her when he found out about me. I won't bore you with the rest. But that poor woman had a dogs life.
I know that in my UK city,some muslim women aren't allowed to speak!!!! Is it wrong to criticize that? They aren't allowed out after 8pm ish. Nor can they wear what they want. Does that mean I am what RD calls me if I think that is wrong in the UK in 2014?
That's a hard choice... because it is their religion and culture and trying to alter it is very much being a neo-colonialist. Do the lives of some , by western standards, improve under colonialism and "westernization"? Most westerners always seem to think so. I think it's nearly impossible for an outside observer to evaluate because the emotional toil of losing one's cultural identity is much too subjective to be easily quantified. You wanted her to be more like you... which is precisely what her and her father's culture warned them dating westerners would result in and why it was forbidden.

I'm 4th generation of a culture that has by and large had their cultural identity stripped or slowly eroded away from them. It's very frustrating even so many generations past. You know about your ancestry, but find it difficult to identify with... which leaves a void. You try to learn the language, but realize there are only a few people who ever actually use it regularly left on the planet. You wonder about the religion of your people, but find it's all been distorted by influences of christianity (and other tribes/races at times). You see your ancestral culture openly parodied on popular media, and reduced to some college girl's halloween costume.

It's rarely a "big" thing... more like a lifetime of small ones that keep accumulating. It's something nearly all non christian/westernized cultures fear, and for good reason. There's no more bombing people out of existence... you breed and "reeducate" them out of it.
UKJ wrote: Dr Hammond hasn't commented on all muslims. He has suggested some %, and what he thinks will happen, based on recent history. Please highlight individual mistakes, thanks, and we can research it.
At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.
He used a very broad term in that last sentence... and in no way qualified it to mean anything other than ALL Islamists. Broad sweeping generalizations like that, usually followed with a backpedal "oh i didn't mean them all" statement, are exactly how xenophobics spread their message. They say it like that to trigger on the people who want it to be all and can use it for self validation of their existing bias, and then backpedal and explain it away so they then can't be held accountable for their words.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam

Post by OrangeDragon » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:52 pm

The Add Jay wrote:Its the same shit I fight with my best friend here who writes articles for a newspaper. He was brainwashed at a very big name college. After my exhausting amount of time trying to un do the damage that school did to him...hes finally seeing the light. He occasional has a few relapses when he talks about socialism and other dog shit that the mass media pumps.

R.D stopped responded cause he has NO legs to stand on and he knows it. I dont see Catholics chopping girls gentiles off and raping non believers in their own home country. Why do khmer keep the majority of chams on boats???!?!
You don't!?

Ok... it's boys' genitals... to be fair. And while they don't require it, they certainly don't condemn it... and it's widely practiced by Catholic parent.

And no... they don't rape non believers (anymore see inquisitions)... only alter boys.
User avatar
Dara
Expatriate
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam

Post by Dara » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:56 pm

OrangeDragon wrote:
UKJ wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:UKJ: I think it should be clarified here that not all Islamists are the same. Just as not all christians are the same. I wouldn't be at all quick to lump together people like Westboro Baptist Church members with a "we go on sundays... sometimes" churchgoer at some other random small church. Sure, their beliefs are based on a common premise/book/etc... however their interpretations of them are quite different, and the resulting actions based on those interpretations as well.

The same could easily be said about the Muslim community. Especially as it translates over several countries and continents. For example, would you look that the Cham people here in Cambodia and consider them to be in any way attempting to forward Sharia law in Cambodia? I wouldn't. From what I've seen of them they're a very integrated part of the communities, and exist quite peacefully with their buddhist neighbors. Based on that, I think that generalizing in the way Dr. Hammond has done IS quite wrong, and is based on a limited set of information that has either created or confirmed his bias of an entire religion based on a a few factions of it.
No offence, but I have noticed you like to state the obvious, when most of us take things as a given. It should have been taken as a given that the Las Vegas Police probably do a great job catching rapists and muggers etc, and that I was just commenting on tourists. I forget the other examples. Just as it should be taken as a given that I don't think every muslim is on " muslim patrol" in muslim areas etc. Did you spot that I had a muslim GF? Do you think I would see someone that wasn't a good person with a good heart? I will say though, that her family owned her, and her father knocked the shit out of her when he found out about me. I won't bore you with the rest. But that poor woman had a dogs life.
I know that in my UK city,some muslim women aren't allowed to speak!!!! Is it wrong to criticize that? They aren't allowed out after 8pm ish. Nor can they wear what they want. Does that mean I am what RD calls me if I think that is wrong in the UK in 2014?
That's a hard choice... because it is their religion and culture and trying to alter it is very much being a neo-colonialist. Do the lives of some , by western standards, improve under colonialism and "westernization"? Most westerners always seem to think so. I think it's nearly impossible for an outside observer to evaluate because the emotional toil of losing one's cultural identity is much too subjective to be easily quantified. You wanted her to be more like you... which is precisely what her and her father's culture warned them dating westerners would result in and why it was forbidden.

I'm 4th generation of a culture that has by and large had their cultural identity stripped or slowly eroded away from them. It's very frustrating even so many generations past. You know about your ancestry, but find it difficult to identify with... which leaves a void. You try to learn the language, but realize there are only a few people who ever actually use it regularly left on the planet. You wonder about the religion of your people, but find it's all been distorted by influences of christianity (and other tribes/races at times). You see your ancestral culture openly parodied on popular media, and reduced to some college girl's halloween costume.

It's rarely a "big" thing... more like a lifetime of small ones that keep accumulating. It's something nearly all non christian/westernized cultures fear, and for good reason. There's no more bombing people out of existence... you breed and "reeducate" them out of it.
UKJ wrote: Dr Hammond hasn't commented on all muslims. He has suggested some %, and what he thinks will happen, based on recent history. Please highlight individual mistakes, thanks, and we can research it.
At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.
He used a very broad term in that last sentence... and in no way qualified it to mean anything other than ALL Islamists. Broad sweeping generalizations like that, usually followed with a backpedal "oh i didn't mean them all" statement, are exactly how xenophobics spread their message. They say it like that to trigger on the people who want it to be all and can use it for self validation of their existing bias, and then backpedal and explain it away so they then can't be held accountable for their words.
+1
UKJ
Expatriate
Posts: 849
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:37 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam

Post by UKJ » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:25 pm

OrangeDragon wrote:
UKJ wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:UKJ: I think it should be clarified here that not all Islamists are the same. Just as not all christians are the same. I wouldn't be at all quick to lump together people like Westboro Baptist Church members with a "we go on sundays... sometimes" churchgoer at some other random small church. Sure, their beliefs are based on a common premise/book/etc... however their interpretations of them are quite different, and the resulting actions based on those interpretations as well.

The same could easily be said about the Muslim community. Especially as it translates over several countries and continents. For example, would you look that the Cham people here in Cambodia and consider them to be in any way attempting to forward Sharia law in Cambodia? I wouldn't. From what I've seen of them they're a very integrated part of the communities, and exist quite peacefully with their buddhist neighbors. Based on that, I think that generalizing in the way Dr. Hammond has done IS quite wrong, and is based on a limited set of information that has either created or confirmed his bias of an entire religion based on a a few factions of it.
No offence, but I have noticed you like to state the obvious, when most of us take things as a given. It should have been taken as a given that the Las Vegas Police probably do a great job catching rapists and muggers etc, and that I was just commenting on tourists. I forget the other examples. Just as it should be taken as a given that I don't think every muslim is on " muslim patrol" in muslim areas etc. Did you spot that I had a muslim GF? Do you think I would see someone that wasn't a good person with a good heart? I will say though, that her family owned her, and her father knocked the shit out of her when he found out about me. I won't bore you with the rest. But that poor woman had a dogs life.
I know that in my UK city,some muslim women aren't allowed to speak!!!! Is it wrong to criticize that? They aren't allowed out after 8pm ish. Nor can they wear what they want. Does that mean I am what RD calls me if I think that is wrong in the UK in 2014?
That's a hard choice... because it is their religion and culture and trying to alter it is very much being a neo-colonialist. Do the lives of some , by western standards, improve under colonialism and "westernization"? Most westerners always seem to think so. I think it's nearly impossible for an outside observer to evaluate because the emotional toil of losing one's cultural identity is much too subjective to be easily quantified. You wanted her to be more like you... which is precisely what her and her father's culture warned them dating westerners would result in and why it was forbidden.

I'm 4th generation of a culture that has by and large had their cultural identity stripped or slowly eroded away from them. It's very frustrating even so many generations past. You know about your ancestry, but find it difficult to identify with... which leaves a void. You try to learn the language, but realize there are only a few people who ever actually use it regularly left on the planet. You wonder about the religion of your people, but find it's all been distorted by influences of christianity (and other tribes/races at times). You see your ancestral culture openly parodied on popular media, and reduced to some college girl's halloween costume.

It's rarely a "big" thing... more like a lifetime of small ones that keep accumulating. It's something nearly all non christian/westernized cultures fear, and for good reason. There's no more bombing people out of existence... you breed and "reeducate" them out of it.
Dr Hammond hasn't commented on all muslims. He has suggested some %, and what he thinks will happen, based on recent history. Please highlight individual mistakes, thanks, and we can research it.
At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.
He used a very broad term in that last sentence... and in no way qualified it to mean anything other than ALL Islamists. Broad sweeping generalizations like that, usually followed with a backpedal "oh i didn't mean them all" statement, are exactly how xenophobics spread their message. They say it like that to trigger on the people who want it to be all and can use it for self validation of their existing bias, and then backpedal and explain it away so they then can't be held accountable for their words.
The muslim GF. She was an accountant who worked all week, with a long commute. Weekends and spare time was spent cleaning the local mosque. Anyway, I didn't want her to be western. I feel for her. She had such a bad life. Not so dissimilar from young muslim women in my city.

Funny how some erosion of culture is difficult and maybe even unfair, but Brits erosion of culture is........well deserved, you imperialist ******* :D

I meant to delete Hammonds world takeover part. Although he maybe has a point. He said eventually. So lets say they take an area, say Tower Hamlets in London!!!They say, Bradford! Will they stop? When? Two cities? What of they have burned all the synagogues and shops in France?
User avatar
Dara
Expatriate
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 am
Reputation: 0

Re: Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam

Post by Dara » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:37 pm

France will reach some accomodation.
Certainly, let's give them England.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4193
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Reputation: 16
United States of America

Re: Sunday: Are we so anti-Christian we're turning pro-Islam

Post by OrangeDragon » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:39 pm

As I've stated before... England isn't a real place. It's completely made up by the media and a large conspiracy of cartographers. ;-)

Honestly I don't fear for English culture... I think it's much more resilient than that. But I think addressing actions of individuals (including charges of "inciting" for those who rile them up), instead of whole religious groups, is the answer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 77 guests