10 Selfies Taken Moments Before Death

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
User avatar
Dr Anik
Expatriate
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:23 am
Reputation: 0

Re: 10 Selfies Taken Moments Before Death

Post by Dr Anik » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:00 pm

Oops, my bad..but it made me realise my post was actually only stating the obvious.
UKJ
Expatriate
Posts: 849
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:37 am
Reputation: 0

Re: 10 Selfies Taken Moments Before Death

Post by UKJ » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Joon wrote:Selfie addiction is the scourge of the 21st century.

What little self-confidence and self-esteem one must have to feel the overwhelming need to obtain others' approval through perfect and sensational depictions of oneself?
.
Agreed. It's the sort of self adulation and approval seeking that makes people post new threads. pointing people to a post they made on another thread, that they were worried wouldn't be properly appreciated. :ROFL:
User avatar
The Add Jay
Expatriate
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 8:10 pm
Reputation: 4
Location: Nung river
Libya

Re: 10 Selfies Taken Moments Before Death

Post by The Add Jay » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:37 pm

This reminds me of my girl friends story about her uncle. He used to salvage uxo mines and mk48 bombs for 20 something years. He would set them off in the river as a quick easy way of fishing. Well 1 day he found a bomb from a B52. It was old rusted and just not in good shape. As he was rigging it...BOOM!! My gfs mom was picking chunks of him out of a tree.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.


Ordinem ad Imperium
User avatar
ali baba
Expatriate
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:27 am
Reputation: 34

Re: 10 Selfies Taken Moments Before Death

Post by ali baba » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Joon wrote:Selfie addiction is the scourge of the 21st century.

What little self-confidence and self-esteem one must have to feel the overwhelming need to obtain others' approval through perfect and sensational depictions of oneself?
I never take selfies, only self portraits.

Furthermore, if you like photos of naked people having sex then it's pornography, if I like it it's erotica.

Scarier than malaria.
User avatar
Joon
Expatriate
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 3:02 pm
Reputation: 3
Location: M'Penh.
Cambodia

Re: 10 Selfies Taken Moments Before Death

Post by Joon » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:11 pm

ali baba wrote:
Joon wrote:Selfie addiction is the scourge of the 21st century.

What little self-confidence and self-esteem one must have to feel the overwhelming need to obtain others' approval through perfect and sensational depictions of oneself?
I never take selfies, only self portraits.
Picture. Or didn't happen.
ali baba wrote:Furthermore, if you like photos of naked people having sex then it's pornography, if I like it it's erotica.
Ah! a man of exquisite taste who can make the difference between crude visual appeal to hormones and sensual erotic stimulation of the mind.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 17040
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 2009
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: 10 Selfies Taken Moments Before Death

Post by General Mackevili » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:16 pm

ali baba wrote:
It's almost as if cambod posted this without even reading the article.
LoL, well the same pics are found around the net with the same descriptions, ranging from 8-10, or maybe more... Nobody can agree what to call this damn "article."

#10 is nothing but a story with a lame fucking picture attached.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
ali baba
Expatriate
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:27 am
Reputation: 34

Re: 10 Selfies Taken Moments Before Death

Post by ali baba » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Joon wrote:
ali baba wrote:Furthermore, if you like photos of naked people having sex then it's pornography, if I like it it's erotica.
Ah! a man of exquisite taste who can make the difference between crude visual appeal to hormones and sensual erotic stimulation of the mind.
I like the term masturbatory aid.
I learnt that at an art gallery.
Before being asked to leave.
General Mackevili wrote:
ali baba wrote:It's almost as if cambod posted this without even reading the article.
LoL, well the same pics are found around the net with the same descriptions, ranging from 8-10, or maybe more... Nobody can agree what to call this damn "article."

#10 is nothing but a story with a lame fucking picture attached.
Darwin awards was already in use?
How about cautionary tales of narcissistic visual confirmation or pics or it didn't happen in the vernacular?
Scarier than malaria.
User avatar
ali baba
Expatriate
Posts: 692
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:27 am
Reputation: 34

Re: 10 Selfies Taken Moments Before Death

Post by ali baba » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:28 pm

This deserves to be on the list;

Policeman caught taking selfie as man attempted suicide on Istanbul bridge
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/police ... sCatID=341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Scarier than malaria.
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 17040
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 2009
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: 10 Selfies Taken Moments Before Death

Post by General Mackevili » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:58 am

ali baba wrote:This deserves to be on the list;

Policeman caught taking selfie as man attempted suicide on Istanbul bridge
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/police ... sCatID=341" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ha! That's top of the list!

Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 77 guests