FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
User avatar
Hotdigr
Expatriate
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 12:22 pm
Karma: 51

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

Post by Hotdigr » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:13 am

Where is/are my couch and my happy pills? No honey, no money sweetheart!
User avatar
Hotdigr
Expatriate
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 12:22 pm
Karma: 51

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

Post by Hotdigr » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:20 am

Gavin, all I would like to see is the truth. Scobie said there has been NO CONNECTION, personal or business, between the bloke and K440. Yet he had made an "expression of interest" in buying the site. Would you agree there has been a connection then? And perhaps Scobz was being disingenuous with his answer?
Cam Nivag
Expatriate
Posts: 951
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:17 am
Karma: 46
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

Post by Cam Nivag » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:25 am

My understanding is that after he learned that there might be an article about his criminal background, he made vague offers to advertise on K440 and to buy K440, that were not take seriously.

Scobienz is a man of integrity. There is no connection between him and Scobienz or K440.
User avatar
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4189
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Karma: 8
United States of America

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

Post by OrangeDragon » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:27 am

Cam Nivag wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote: Scoby's reasoning for not restarting the thread is sound... insomuch as my reasoning for taking the content out of the OP on our side is sound. That's not what a forum should be about, and given how much the support has shown for the guy here... can't imagine why anyone would want to subject him to the slagfest that would likely have happened over there as KiR's witchhunt gathered steam, as it so often has in the past in the face of actual evidence.
What "witchunts" have gathered steam at K440 "in the face of actual evidence?" With respect to the man in question, he pleaded guilty to lewdness with a child, he pleaded guilty to transport of stolen books, and he pleaded guilty to assault. I respect your position that old crimes should not be brought up online, but there isn't any lack of evidence there.
As ones in the past... lets talk about the guy getting done up for the Kampot murder. Had it not been for detective work and posting on the part of bob couttie that would have well been trial by forums. I'd say bob did a great job of swaying opinion on that piece, mine included, opposite the way it was headed initially. In that one he didn't go through deleting... but in ones where he has, how would any of us know? He deleted hotdigr for even challenging his opinion and actions on steve morrish, and so on.

I know he's your pal, i get it. You have to talk up for him and such. But he's a worm man... and you'll have a hard time convincing anyone that's seen it in action otherwise, just because he never filled you in on what he was doing.

And hotdigr... that's not a "connection". Especially since that offer was made to KiR, who is no longer a part of 440, and not the current owners. In fact, with the current owners it would make him, at best, a rival... though likely just an ignored thing. Not sure why you keep trying so hard to draw a line connecting those dots that doesn't actually exist.
User avatar
Hotdigr
Expatriate
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 12:22 pm
Karma: 51

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

Post by Hotdigr » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:30 am

Funnily enough Gavin, even though we have had our run in's in the past, you have always been upfront with me and I know you are a man of integrity. I will take your word for that. :hattip:
'Nuff said from me on this topic
Cam Nivag
Expatriate
Posts: 951
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:17 am
Karma: 46
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

Post by Cam Nivag » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:35 am

OrangeDragon wrote: As ones in the past... lets talk about the guy getting done up for the Kampot murder. Had it not been for detective work and posting on the part of bob couttie that would have well been trial by forums.
Are you suggesting Ollie's arrest for murder should not have been freely discussed on K440? Should discussion have been censored or shut down to avoid "trial by forums"?
User avatar
Hotdigr
Expatriate
Posts: 966
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 12:22 pm
Karma: 51

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

Post by Hotdigr » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:51 am

Actually, after reading your post OD, he didn't delete me for challenging HIM, he deleted me for challenging that know it all cocktrumpet Ken fukn Svay. Sexpat to end all sexpats now concretor to end all,,,,, whatever. Goodnight all
User avatar
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4189
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Karma: 8
United States of America

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

Post by OrangeDragon » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:54 am

Hotdigr wrote:Actually, after reading your post OD, he didn't delete me for challenging HIM, he deleted me for challenging that know it all cocktrumpet Ken fukn Svay. Sexpat to end all sexpats now concretor to end all,,,,, whatever. Goodnight all
Ah, he had explained it otherwise when then challenged for deleting you... rofl.
User avatar
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4189
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Karma: 8
United States of America

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

Post by OrangeDragon » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:56 am

Cam Nivag wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote: As ones in the past... lets talk about the guy getting done up for the Kampot murder. Had it not been for detective work and posting on the part of bob couttie that would have well been trial by forums.
Are you suggesting Ollie's arrest for murder should not have been freely discussed on K440? Should discussion have been censored or shut down to avoid "trial by forums"?
Not at all, but I also think that once it gains steam in one direction... one that the forum owner "liked"... that it is set to maintain it in most cases. Hell, just go back and see how many threads on there were locked once someone comes in challenging the status quo opinion on them in the news section... usually with him taking the last word on the subject with no hope for rebuttal.
User avatar
JBTrain
Expatriate
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:44 pm
Karma: 1
Location: Phnom Penh
Contact:

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

Post by JBTrain » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:59 am

Cam Nivag wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote: Scoby's reasoning for not restarting the thread is sound... insomuch as my reasoning for taking the content out of the OP on our side is sound. That's not what a forum should be about, and given how much the support has shown for the guy here... can't imagine why anyone would want to subject him to the slagfest that would likely have happened over there as KiR's witchhunt gathered steam, as it so often has in the past in the face of actual evidence.
What "witchunts" have gathered steam at K440 "in the face of actual evidence?" With respect to the man in question, he pleaded guilty to lewdness with a child, he pleaded guilty to transport of stolen books, and he pleaded guilty to assault. I respect your position that old crimes should not be brought up online, but there isn't any lack of evidence there.
My own unsolicited opinion is that all that evidence adds up to a non story, the spinning of which would have the sole purpose of damaging a man's character for no particularly good reason. We all know plenty of people with stories, I don't see the value in outing them for past misdeeds whether the evidence is in the public domain or not unless there is an awfully good reason other than potential page views. Start outing guys here for unpaid child support if y'all 440/CEO) want to do such outing.
Using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post