FOR SALE: Khmer440.com [SOLD!]

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8744
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 187
Australia

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Postby StroppyChops » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:12 am

Dara wrote:Thanks for that, Stroppy.

Maybe we could all chip in and get him a going away gift.
Perhaps a beer at garage.
I'd kick in for that. Maybe there will finally be t-shirts.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
Dara
Expatriate
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 am
Karma: 0

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Postby Dara » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:16 am

Great !

So if a lot of us drop off a 100 riel note at garage
jm can let us know when we reach the price of a beer.
User avatar
Dara
Expatriate
Posts: 218
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 7:38 am
Karma: 0

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Postby Dara » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:18 am

And for the T shirts.........

K440 (He's gone now)
User avatar
ali baba
Expatriate
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:27 am
Karma: 2

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Postby ali baba » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:30 am

General Mackevili wrote:Ok, I called you a scaredy cat to be afraid to rock the boat and you said "there's some truth to that."
I also said a 100 other words in that post but if you want to quote stuff out of context.....
cambod wrote:I am a.......twatflannel......first.......class
It must be true, I used quotes!
General Mackevili wrote:I still think I'm right and that there's probably been times you would like to call KiR out on something, but you're too scared of the repercussions.
Your wrong. KiR and I are rarely active in the same threads as we don't share similar interests so I've rarely had the opportunity to disagree with him. Since his usual response to people who disagree with him is to insult them, delete them or lock them I couldn't be bothered engaging with him in any case. I guess I'm just lazy.
General Mackevili wrote:You need to brush up on your English comprehension.

I used the word "LIKELY" which shows speculation.

U know?
Thanks for the patronising advice, perhaps I have difficulty following your posts because you are unable to articulate your thoughts coherently and often have to post 2 or 3 times in a row, such as you did when replying to me here.
General Mackevili, 6 minutes later wrote:Oh, and I apologize for getting the meaning of you post wrong, Ali Baba, and thanks for correcting it.

It wasn't just something I made up I the on fly.

My bad though.
:facepalm:
Spoiler:
Oh, I hope I don't get banned.
Spoiler:
I'm confident I won't.
Spoiler:
8-)
Scarier than malaria.
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12523
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 211
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Postby General Mackevili » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:46 am

StroppyChops wrote:
I remember getting permabanned about the time of my first post to CEO, on the excuse that I 'must be cambod' - as we had similar IP addresses. When I queried it, I was called some interesting things in PM, and those PMs mysteriously disappeared when the sale of 440 was being considered. I finished kindergarten a few years ago, but this gave me some interesting flashbacks...
Thanks for that. And you're not the only one to have similar experiences. There are others too.

Again, I'm not claiming that anyone actually got a message saying, "Sorry, we've had to delete your account because you signed up to CEO, you twatflannel," but "Bendix" is just being silly if he really thinks this hasn't happened.

The only reason I won't engage him is because he regularly comes on here and claims things that are completely wrong, then says, "well, I didn't know that..", etc. :facepalm:

I'm almost an example! After I told him what the Dragon and I were up to, he offered me a position as moderator to stop, when I turned down his offer he banned me and has cut off all communication with me, so I don't see why Bendix thinks it to be so far fetched that the same guy would ban people simply for signing up to the biggest competition he's ever faced, and which had led to the humiliating forced sale of his beloved K440.

Anyways, like I've said, this is great news for EVERYONE involved! !
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
User avatar
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:13 am
Karma: 0
Great Britain

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Postby EdinWigan » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:10 am

I am a member of both sites (under the same username) but do always feel I need to watch my P's & Q's on K440, especially around the time of the birth of CEO. I guess it is hard to put my finger on but then again some things are done that way, by design, other times it just develops that way.

I can honestly say I have never felt the same caution on CEO, far from it.

K440 does have a distinct cabal, and they defend each other, without exception. Some moderators would delete posts, by waving some god felt hand. Having said that, the likes of Scoob's & Gavinmac where trying to bail out a sinking ship, whilst holding a K440 flag aloft.

When the occasional fu*k up occurs on CEO, the two at the helm, hold their hands up and we all sail on together.

It can't be easy to run a forum like this, especially with a crew of only two, so us passengers need to help out a bit, from time to time. Cut a little slack and give a little understanding. I do not think we really want to go down the Bitch-Fest route here.

I don't think anyone really wants, according to the Hitch Hikers Guide - Inter Galactic Regulations, section K, sub-section 4, paragraph 40, to be applied in our nice little CEO world, do we?

:hattip:
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
UKJ
Expatriate
Posts: 849
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:37 am
Karma: 0

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Postby UKJ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:14 am

Dara wrote:Hey, remember the high points of k440 ?

One of my favourites was KIR buying a honda for his then girlfriend.
He said he was getting her a WHITE one, "Like her man". A week or so
later she left him on her new white honda.
Please tell me she ran off with a fat Nigerian in a wife beater, who drank 50c beers lol. It would explain a lot!
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12523
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 211
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Postby General Mackevili » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:15 am

ali baba wrote: Since his usual response to people who disagree with him is to insult them, delete them or lock them I couldn't be bothered engaging with him in any case. I guess I'm just lazy.
LoL, those spoilers kept me in suspense! I'm actually going to wait until tomorrow to open the last one! :thumb:


And thanks for setting the record straight. I didn't mean to mis-represent your meaning. Those were long, jumbled posts and I didn't recall them 100% accurately. Accept my apology. Also, please have a look at that post I was referring to. You made a very "lazy" attempt to use any sort of quoting correctly, so please understand why your reply might not have been very clear/legible in the first place. No offense, but it was as messy of a reply that one could muster, LoL.

And this is a discussion forum, so glad everyone can keep everyone else on their toes!

1) I always have trouble understanding people that claim they're too "lazy" or don't have enough time to make a post, especially by people who seem to be all over the internet posting all day. Seems like a cop-out for someone who's "scared" to post something.

Again, we can agree to disagree on this, but you say you're too "lazy" to disagree with him for several reasons, which include his usual response of " to insult them, delete them or lock them." That sounds more like reasons someone is "scared" to argue with someone, not because they're lazy. Just my thoughts.

2) Yes, the advice was most definitely patronising, but only because I used the word "LIKELY" which is proof I knew I was "speculating," yet you seemed to have missed that and tried to call me out for it.

I thought it was warranted in such a case.

Can we call it even for both of us failing to comprehend the other's post? Besides, this hasn't happened with us often, as we are both superb readers and writers, but we both can't be without a little slip of reading comprehension once or twice in our lives.

3) The apology was absolutely sincere, for the record. I even put it in a separate post so it wouldn't be in the same space as my patronising response. :good:
Spoiler:
Fuck off, no group hug tonight.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12523
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 211
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Postby General Mackevili » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:25 am

ali baba wrote:
Since his usual response to people who disagree with him is to insult them, delete them or lock them I couldn't be bothered engaging with him in any case. I guess I'm just lazy.
EdinWigan wrote:
I am a member of both sites (under the same username) but do always feel I need to watch my P's & Q's on K440, especially around the time of the birth of CEO. I guess it is hard to put my finger on but then again some things are done that way, by design, other times it just develops that way.

I can honestly say I have never felt the same caution on CEO, far from it.

K440 does have a distinct cabal, and they defend each other, without exception.
That's all. Very well said. :bow:

We all seem to agree how he handles people who disagree with him on K440, so signing up to his biggest competitor, CEO, must infuriate him. One would be silly not to mind their P's and Q's while over there, especially if you post here under the same username.

Brave souls, all of you who signed up over here! !

:bow: :bow: :bow:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
User avatar
ali baba
Expatriate
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:27 am
Karma: 2

Re: FOR SALE: Khmer440.com

Postby ali baba » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:40 am

General Mackevili wrote:And thanks for setting the record straight. I didn't mean to mis-represent your meaning. Those were long, jumbled posts and I didn't recall them 100% accurately. Accept my apology. Also, please have a look at that post I was referring to. You made a very "lazy" attempt to use any sort of quoting correctly, so please understand why your reply might not have been very clear/legible in the first place. No offense, but it was as messy of a reply that one could muster, LoL.
I was angry about being name checked so I didn't take the time to read through your post fully. Also it's the middle of the night so get off my tits!
General Mackevili wrote:1) I always have trouble understanding people that claim they're too "lazy" or don't have enough time to make a post, especially by people who seem to be all over the internet posting all day. Seems like a cop-out for someone who's "scared" to post something.

Again, we can agree to disagree on this, but you say you're too "lazy" to disagree with him for several reasons, which include his usual response of " to insult them, delete them or lock them." That sounds more like reasons someone is "scared" to argue with someone, not because they're lazy. Just my thoughts.
Can't you just take my word for it? I'm not lazy to post contributions unless they'll be arbitrarily deleted. Scoby deleted a bunch of my posts on the sandwich thread because they weren't explicitly about the sandwich or the venue selling it. Now get off my tits!
General Mackevili wrote:2) Yes, the advice was most definitely patronising, but only because I used the word "LIKELY" which is proof I knew I was "speculating," yet you seemed to have missed that and tried to call me out for it.

I thought it was warranted in such a case.

Can we call it even for both of us failing to comprehend the other's post? Besides, this hasn't happened with us often, as we are both superb readers and writers, but we both can't be without a little slip of reading comprehension once or twice in our lives.
I probably should have stuck to the comments about me.
It's water under the bridge now GET OFF MY TITS!

General Mackevili wrote:3) The apology was absolutely sincere, for the record. I even put it in a separate post so it wouldn't be in the same space as my patronising response. :good:
Spoiler:
Fuck off, no group hug tonight.
:beer3:
Spoiler:
Now get on my tits :whip: :twisted:
Spoiler:
:dragonchase:
Scarier than malaria.


  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Asinine Arena (Enter at Your Own Risk)”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 59 guests