Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
User avatar
Rain Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:40 pm
Karma: 11

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Postby Rain Dog » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:25 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
Joon wrote:The reply post by "8" is there.
Exactly as I said. It went "missing" for several hours, so when you go look it at now, people like Rain Dog can't see that there was any censorship going on....

I was just pointing out that just because somebody doesn't notice deletions, they happen over there all the time.

It was a response to Rain Dog's fair observation. I was just pointing out it was an inaccurate observation.

That's all.
Fair Enough. I certainly don't study or watch every thread closely. That said, Having looked closely at that thread now, I think it is wrong that you would call this censorship.

Until the Reply from "Mr 8", the posters involved were anonymous (Unless anyone knew who "Mr 8" was in real life). Thus no real harm done except to a forum persona. In his reply he posted an attachment that revealed the REAL LIFE identity of the original poster, his business name, phone number, address, and pricing details. That is not cool.

Had I been a mod there I would have pulled it for review too. It's not about censorship, it's about avoiding conflating forum conflicts with real life conflicts and not allowing your members to be placed at real life risk.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
User avatar
bendix
Expatriate
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 2:01 pm
Karma: 3

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Postby bendix » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:52 pm

This Rain Dog chappy speaks very good sense.
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 206
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Postby General Mackevili » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:56 pm

Rain Dog wrote:
Until the Reply from "Mr 8", the posters involved were anonymous (Unless anyone knew who "Mr 8" was in real life). Thus no real harm done except to a forum persona. In his reply he posted an attachment that revealed the REAL LIFE identity of the original poster, his business name, phone number, address, and pricing details. That is not cool.

Had I been a mod there I would have pulled it for review too. It's not about censorship, it's about avoiding conflating forum conflicts with real life conflicts and not allowing your members to be placed at real life risk.
Fair point.

I don't personally know Mr 8, but we can assume others do, hence the reason he asked if anyone could contact him.

Again, it was clear he was insinuating that Mr 8 owed him money. Everyone figured that out. That's not cool, especially given his response.

Also, Raz advertises on there and makes no secret of that. He even promotes his business with that account.

He was pretty silent after Mr 8's response, LoL.

Personally, I think Mr 8 put him in his proper place. Raz's deafening silence is proof of that.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
User avatar
ali baba
Expatriate
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:27 am
Karma: 2

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Postby ali baba » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:26 pm

bendix wrote:This Rain Dog chappy speaks very good sense.
Agreed! Every time I read his posts I want to give him +Karma.

For the record: I never had any issues with mods there even though I deserved to on a couple of occasions given my rudeness.
Scarier than malaria.
User avatar
Алина Анисимов
Expatriate
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:56 pm
Karma: 2

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Postby Алина Анисимов » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:40 pm

takeoman wrote:I had hoped CEO would indeed be different, but it appears to be going down the the same road as that other site. Already the vast majority of posts are coming from a small clique, mainly united by their disdain for KIR. Also the owners are all over every topic like a rash. Yes it's your site, but you don't need to comment on everything, let us joe public get on with our debates.
I've had my run-ins with OD on the other site, but have always considered him a decent guy, I'd like to see him succeed, however I can't see it happening if the site merely becomes Khmer 440 clone, with all the same faults. :hattip:

An oldie but a goody
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 9696
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Karma: 319
Location: Sihanoukville
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:54 pm

Алина Анисимов wrote:
takeoman wrote:I had hoped CEO would indeed be different, but it appears to be going down the the same road as that other site. Already the vast majority of posts are coming from a small clique, mainly united by their disdain for KIR. Also the owners are all over every topic like a rash. Yes it's your site, but you don't need to comment on everything, let us joe public get on with our debates.
I've had my run-ins with OD on the other site, but have always considered him a decent guy, I'd like to see him succeed, however I can't see it happening if the site merely becomes Khmer 440 clone, with all the same faults. :hattip:

An oldie but a goody
I miss Takeoman, he was a good poster, i went to his stepdaughters wedding earlier this year, out in their village in Takeo, was a good gig and Takeoman and his family were great hosts
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
frank lee bent
Expatriate
Posts: 6474
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 am
Karma: 315
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Postby frank lee bent » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:45 pm

the squabbling in both places is beyond a joke.
this is down to posters,
now we have a few new people joining, i would like to ask members to respect and help them rather than troll them and take the piss.
User avatar
bolueeleh
chinky chink chank
Posts: 2531
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:39 am
Karma: 42
Location: anywhere with cheap bonks

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Postby bolueeleh » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:50 pm

sometimes it is the new guy that is the troll and sometimes old timers tried to help but good advice often falls on deaf ears
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
taabarang
Expatriate
Posts: 2268
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:49 am
Karma: 174
Location: Outside of Kampong Cham city
United States of America

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Postby taabarang » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:55 pm

"now we have a few new people joining, i would like to ask members to respect and help them rather than troll them and take the piss."

Translation:,Fresh Meat
Once you've read one of her posts all the rest are just a remix.
User avatar
John Bingham
Expatriate
Posts: 2769
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:26 pm
Karma: 201
Syria

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Postby John Bingham » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:57 pm

bolueeleh wrote:sometimes it is the new guy that is the troll and sometimes old timers tried to help but good advice often falls on deaf ears
Sure, a whole lot of "new posters" are actually nut jobs who got banned for being out of line before. They always start out seeming innocuous but soon enough the axe they still have to grind becomes apparent. I guess that's just life, you have to deal with both reasonable folk and those that have gone a bit off the deep end.


  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Asinine Arena (Enter at Your Own Risk)”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests