Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Alf Stewart
Tourist
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 9:18 am
Karma: 0

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Post by Alf Stewart » Sat May 31, 2014 12:28 pm

takeoman wrote:
westlake wrote:I think you'll find so many people have been at the end of hogan's often irrational ire as he has used "his" forum to slander and snipe without reproach that many are revelling in the opportunity to give some back without anything being summarily deleted. It's karma time.
While I understand that,I think CEO really needs to put all that to one side and set about establishing itself as a different entity. There can be few who are unaware of said gentleman's massive ego and irrational behaviour. I often wondered why he stayed in Cambodia as he seldom had a good word to say about either the country or the people. That said let's consign him to history and move on.
How would you propose establishing a different identity when the forum comprises, in the main, the same people that post/posted on 440 speaking about the same things? Genuine question. As far as I can see the only real difference is the way it's moderated, and the site's popularity is largely attributable to Herr Hulk's unpopularity. If it was a website catering solely for sleazy sexpats or drug-fucked loons it would have its own USP and identity, but this is an almost carbon copy of 440, and as such is likely to have a similar identity.
Last edited by Alf Stewart on Sat May 31, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
takeoman
Expatriate
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 3:20 pm
Karma: 1
Location: Takeo Province
Ireland

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Post by takeoman » Sat May 31, 2014 12:33 pm

StroppyChops wrote:I wonder how long the saboteurs are going to keep at it...
Nobody is trying to sabotage anything. I have no horse in the race. As I've stated I hope OD succeeds but have genuine concerns about pitfalls not being avoided. I take it you are one of those strange people who sees conspiracies everywhere. :facepalm:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
User avatar
Milord
Expatriate
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:14 am
Karma: 0
Location: Soon, Soon There
Canada

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Post by Milord » Sat May 31, 2014 12:40 pm

You can't stop people having fun. Right now that is fun.
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12602
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 214
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Post by General Mackevili » Sat May 31, 2014 1:07 pm

takeoman wrote:I had hoped CEO would indeed be different, but it appears to be going down the the same road as that other site. Already the vast majority of posts are coming from a small clique, mainly united by their disdain for KIR.
Says the man who starts his own "CEO/K440" thread, LoL.

Seriously though, welcome, and we appreciate your posts, but your post in itself is the EXACT same thing you are commenting shouldn't exist here.

From your angle, that has to be a perfect example of a catch 22. (Starting a thread complaining about people who start threads complaining about...)

From our angle, it's an unfortunate step that has to take place. I only say "unfortunate" because everyone comes over at random times, and they want to express their ideas that they have been censored from expressing for the past 10+ years.

So while I technically address with you that continuing to talk about K440 is a downer for us, the benefits far outweigh the option of option of shutting everyone up completely.



At this point, I honestly feel nothing new can be said, and maybe starting after this crazy weekend we can move all posts/threads that just air their grievances with K440 on one single thread in the Asinine Arena.

That would still allow everyone who feels they want to get something of their chest a place to do it, but won't hinder the progress CEO is making to move past that stage.

Hell, after all that's happened, we can start that now (Takeoman, and to be more than fair, we won't nice yours because we haven't given anyone notice yet, and I think your overall message is valid).

And thanks for your feedback! It's always welcome in any shape or form, for real!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12602
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 214
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Post by General Mackevili » Sat May 31, 2014 1:18 pm

Alf Stewart wrote: As far as I can see the only real difference is the way it's moderated,
And for the record, that makes a HUGE difference.

That's like saying, "The only difference in the The O'Reilly Factor and The Colbert Report is the hosts."

Image

Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8759
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 188
Australia

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Post by StroppyChops » Sat May 31, 2014 1:19 pm

takeoman wrote:
StroppyChops wrote:I wonder how long the saboteurs are going to keep at it...
Nobody is trying to sabotage anything. I have no horse in the race.
Oh, the irony...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
Milord
Expatriate
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:14 am
Karma: 0
Location: Soon, Soon There
Canada

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Post by Milord » Sat May 31, 2014 1:24 pm

There's no need to be PC. Take your time. Perhaps his concern should go in a PM.

You've got 10 yrs to go before moving / collating threads.

SC, Oh, the irony... = Oh, the infamy...
Last edited by Milord on Sat May 31, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8759
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 188
Australia

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Post by StroppyChops » Sat May 31, 2014 1:24 pm

General Mackevili wrote:At this point, I honestly feel nothing new can be said, and maybe starting after this crazy weekend we can move all posts/threads that just air their grievances with K440 on one single thread in the Asinine Arena.
Actually that's not a bad idea. One of my favourite expressions is "Just because you have freedom of speech doesn't mean anyone has to listen to you." Perhaps it is time to steadfastly shift every post about 440 into the Asinine section. That way those that are still hurting or having fun with it can continue until the horse is well and truly dead and flogged, and others can get on with other things in the knowledge that they're not missing out on other points of interest by ignoring those threads.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
takeoman
Expatriate
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 3:20 pm
Karma: 1
Location: Takeo Province
Ireland

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Post by takeoman » Sat May 31, 2014 1:50 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
takeoman wrote:I had hoped CEO would indeed be different, but it appears to be going down the the same road as that other site. Already the vast majority of posts are coming from a small clique, mainly united by their disdain for KIR.
Says the man who starts his own "CEO/K440" thread, LoL.

Seriously though, welcome, and we appreciate your posts, but your post in itself is the EXACT same thing you are commenting shouldn't exist here.

From your angle, that has to be a perfect example of a catch 22. (Starting a thread complaining about people who start threads complaining about...)

From our angle, it's an unfortunate step that has to take place. I only say "unfortunate" because everyone comes over at random times, and they want to express their ideas that they have been censored from expressing for the past 10+ years.

So while I technically address with you that continuing to talk about K440 is a downer for us, the benefits far outweigh the option of option of shutting everyone up completely.



At this point, I honestly feel nothing new can be said, and maybe starting after this crazy weekend we can move all posts/threads that just air their grievances with K440 on one single thread in the Asinine Arena.

That would still allow everyone who feels they want to get something of their chest a place to do it, but won't hinder the progress CEO is making to move past that stage.

Hell, after all that's happened, we can start that now (Takeoman, and to be more than fair, we won't nice yours because we haven't given anyone notice yet, and I think your overall message is valid).

And thanks for your feedback! It's always welcome in any shape or form, for real!
I've no problem with you moving the thread, it''s served it's purpose. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
taabarang
Expatriate
Posts: 2335
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 7:49 am
Karma: 189
Location: Outside of Kampong Cham city
United States of America

Re: Is CEO Repeating The Mistakes of That Other Site

Post by taabarang » Sat May 31, 2014 1:58 pm

Gee, I don't have any insightful comments on this thread, all I know is that I enjoy it a lot more than the "other one" I used to post on. OK, there was a moment of confusion when a post I wrote about where HE was translated into "hunny bunny", but it has all been settled and I appreciate not only the explanation but what I feel was a reciprocity of respect(with a bit of heat added on my part) shown by both sides. I feel that this current structure is a lot less monolithic in nature than aforesaid "other one.'
Once you've read one of her posts all the rest are just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post