CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
User avatar
Rain Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:40 pm
Karma: 13

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby Rain Dog » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:45 pm

OrangeDragon wrote: For someone who was participating... you got the sequence of events backwards as well... people we doing the "hang in there" posts before LTO asked. Selective memory? Then the only ones after that was Soi Dog attacking everyone for patronizing her because she was a chick (which they weren't... at least I wasn't), and people responding that it's NOT why they were doing it. As for "have you ever seen this for a male poster?" yes... I have. I've had people say it supporting my posts on 440 when being harassed by some of "The Club" in various ways (including the thread where I was banned) and I've seen it done for others. Hell, people were doing it in HERE for Andy well before they were doing it for Joon in fact. You just skim those parts?
OD -- you need to get your facts straight:

Refer to page 66 of this thread:

Wed 1:24am HotDigr offers the first compliment --refers to Joon as "A breath of fresh air"

Wed 3:48am LTO expresses surprise that Joon is a female

Wed 5:55am Cowshed Cowboy advises joon to 'hang in there'

Wed 6:31am Soi Dog raises issue about giving female posters 'special praise' just for being female.

Wed 10:23am Joon contests Soi Dog's post

Wed 1:23pm Stroppy is the first to raise fact Joon is not posting in her first language

Wed 8:29pm Soi Dog contest's Joon's post

Wed 11:05pm Tim Linkinwater calls Soi Dog a misogynist

... Multiple attacks on Soi Dog

As to AiA ---- as far as I know I have not seen him here. Posters here seem to have a "love him" or "hate him" attitude.

And if you are telling me he got "hang in there" comments here then post links or it did not happen.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
User avatar
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:13 am
Karma: 0
Great Britain

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby EdinWigan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:01 pm

Rain Dog wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:

As to AiA ---- as far as I know I have not seen him here. Posters here seem to have a "love him" or "hate him" attitude.

AiA is the New! Marmite
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 5835
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Karma: 283
Location: the far side of the moon
Aruba

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby phuketrichard » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:25 pm

Rain Dog wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote: For someone who was participating... you got the sequence of events backwards as well... people we doing the "hang in there" posts before LTO asked. Selective memory? Then the only ones after that was Soi Dog attacking everyone for patronizing her because she was a chick (which they weren't... at least I wasn't), and people responding that it's NOT why they were doing it. As for "have you ever seen this for a male poster?" yes... I have. I've had people say it supporting my posts on 440 when being harassed by some of "The Club" in various ways (including the thread where I was banned) and I've seen it done for others. Hell, people were doing it in HERE for Andy well before they were doing it for Joon in fact. You just skim those parts?
OD -- you need to get your facts straight:

Refer to page 66 of this thread:

Wed 1:24am HotDigr offers the first compliment --refers to Joon as "A breath of fresh air"

Wed 3:48am LTO expresses surprise that Joon is a female

Wed 5:55am Cowshed Cowboy advises joon to 'hang in there'

Wed 6:31am Soi Dog raises issue about giving female posters 'special praise' just for being female.

Wed 10:23am Joon contests Soi Dog's post

Wed 1:23pm Stroppy is the first to raise fact Joon is not posting in her first language

Wed 8:29pm Soi Dog contest's Joon's post

Wed 11:05pm Tim Linkinwater calls Soi Dog a misogynist

... Multiple attacks on Soi Dog

As to AiA ---- as far as I know I have not seen him here. Posters here seem to have a "love him" or "hate him" attitude.

And if you are telling me he got "hang in there" comments here then post links or it did not happen.
U have too much time on your hands

as to if someone is a male or female
affects me not in the least nor would i treat their comments any different and cant understand why anyone would.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Joon
Expatriate
Posts: 568
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 3:02 pm
Karma: 0
Location: M'Penh.
Cambodia

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby Joon » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:40 pm

Rain Dog wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote: For someone who was participating... you got the sequence of events backwards as well... people we doing the "hang in there" posts before LTO asked. Selective memory? Then the only ones after that was Soi Dog attacking everyone for patronizing her because she was a chick (which they weren't... at least I wasn't), and people responding that it's NOT why they were doing it. As for "have you ever seen this for a male poster?" yes... I have. I've had people say it supporting my posts on 440 when being harassed by some of "The Club" in various ways (including the thread where I was banned) and I've seen it done for others. Hell, people were doing it in HERE for Andy well before they were doing it for Joon in fact. You just skim those parts?
OD -- you need to get your facts straight:

Refer to page 66 of this thread:

Wed 1:24am HotDigr offers the first compliment --refers to Joon as "A breath of fresh air"

Wed 3:48am LTO expresses surprise that Joon is a female

Wed 5:55am Cowshed Cowboy advises joon to 'hang in there'

Wed 6:31am Soi Dog raises issue about giving female posters 'special praise' just for being female.

Wed 10:23am Joon contests Soi Dog's post

Wed 1:23pm Stroppy is the first to raise fact Joon is not posting in her first language

Wed 8:29pm Soi Dog contest's Joon's post

Wed 11:05m Tim Linkinwater calls Soi Dog a misogynist

... Multiple attacks on Soi Dog

As to AiA ---- as fa as I know I have not seen him here. Posters here seem to have a "love him" or "hate him" attitude.

And if you are telling me he got "hang in there" comments here then post links or it did not happen.
Raindog, that's a good exercise but if you're gonna do that, you should quote what is relevant and actually showing that Hotdigr was not praising me because I'm a woman but because he approves of my posting style and intellectual approach:
HoTDigr wrote: She gets attacked a lot, but doesn't back down from her beliefs and very rarely, if ever, makes a personal attack on others instead of attacks their argument ( which is the Golden Rule in debating. Make it personal and you have LOST, no argument about that at all). I think some of us ( myself included) could learn a bit from her attitude.
Which, if I think is what you commended Nirvana and I for in the K440 thread.
Raindog wrote:you [Nirvana and Joon] both presented your arguments articulately. Certainly no "Cat Fight" ---- and even if it were it would be no worse than the dick measuring and pissing contests we guys get into here.
I don't expect anybody to cut me slack because I'm a woman, but likewise I do expect that nobody will give me a hard time or refuse to acknowledge my merits because I'm a woman.

However, I won't lie. If some posters hadn't expressed their appreciation of my posts, I would've given up long ago and retreated into my shell. It lifted my spirits to know that somehow I'm doing something right. So my sincere, warm thanks to them, they know who they are.
Disclaimer: I don't actually look like my avatar.
User avatar
ali baba
Expatriate
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri May 16, 2014 3:27 am
Karma: 2

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby ali baba » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:48 pm

logos wrote:*Not Alibaba as he's obviously dysfunctional and incapable of coherent thoughts when it comes to female posters.
Thanks for the insult and -ve karma.
For future reference the appropriate way to respond to a poster you disagree with is to post rebuttals to their arguments in the relevant thread.

If you can engage in mature and polite discussion and debate with me on the points you disagree with I would be happy to repatriate the points I took from you. I enjoy debating and welcome you to join in.
Scarier than malaria.
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12522
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 211
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby General Mackevili » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:21 pm

logos wrote:
*Not Alibaba as he's obviously dysfunctional and incapable of coherent thoughts when it comes to female posters.
I'm going to guess that whatever post you're referring to were a joke or something. He seems very level headed and (occasionally) coherent.



Dammit, I can't keep up with all of this.

My brain is fried. Heading to Angry Birds Bar.

I hope I didn't miss the angry hour drink specials.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
User avatar
LTO
Expatriate
Posts: 1384
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:28 pm
Karma: 0
Location: KH
Contact:

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby LTO » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:22 pm

I commented on joon in the context of people talking about joon. Assuming that I did it because she is female based on nothing other than temporal contiguity hints at something about the person who would assume that, especially considering the quickness with which this assumption was made and the degree of effort and ink being put into trying to support it. Reminds me a bit of the sort of perennially angry men you meet sometimes these days, grumbling incessantly anytime a woman or minority gets a good job that it must be because they are a woman or a minority, not because they deserved it. There is often a fear and prejudice behind those sorts of sentiments - a failure of self-esteem, perhaps even misogyny (and is often accompanied by other gender phobias such as the homophobic comment made shortly before by soi dog about ali's post.) If we are going to start speculating on the unstated personal motivations of others, there would seem to be more evidence that soi dog has some issues with women than that I commented positively on joon (and negatively on Nirvana) based on her sex. 

And just to be clear, that is not an ad hominem attack but an analysis of another poster's hidden motivations made in the context of talking about the hidden motivations of other posters.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
User avatar
Rain Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:40 pm
Karma: 13

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby Rain Dog » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:31 pm

Joon wrote: Raindog, that's a good exercise but if you're gonna do that, you should quote what is relevant and actually showing that Hotdigr was not praising me because I'm a woman but because he approves of my posting style and intellectual approach:

Which, if I think is what you commended Nirvana and I for in the K440 thread.

I don't expect anybody to cut me slack because I'm a woman, but likewise I do expect that nobody will give me a hard time or refuse to acknowledge my merits because I'm a woman.

However, I won't lie. If some posters hadn't expressed their appreciation of my posts, I would've given up long ago and retreated into my shell. It lifted my spirits to know that somehow I'm doing something right. So my sincere, warm thanks to them, they know who they are.
Joon --- there is no need for me to go back and restate every point that has been made in every post. OD accused me having the sequence wrong. I went back and demonstrated to him that HE was wrong in his assertion by showing the chronology of the posts.

As to the comments I made on K440, absolutely I was positive towards your presentation of your argument. I thought you shredded Nirvana on that thread. I however felt no need to consider either of your genders nor did I feel the need to tell Nirvana to "hang in there" just because I thought you were winning your argument.

Sorry but if you want double standards based on gender, I am not the guy for that.

As to your last point -- sure everybody likes to get positive feedback sometimes --- but I am starting to think you are making a lot of drama over this.

"Retreated"? Why? because some people disagreed with you?

This is a largely un-moderated internet forum. You should expect to have your views challenged some times.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
User avatar
Rain Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:40 pm
Karma: 13

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby Rain Dog » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:33 pm

phuketrichard wrote:
U have too much time on your hands

as to if someone is a male or female
affects me not in the least nor would i treat their comments any different and cant understand why anyone would.
The person with more than double my post count, takes the time to tell me I have too much time on my hands :crazy:
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
User avatar
Rain Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:40 pm
Karma: 13

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby Rain Dog » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:49 pm

EdinWigan wrote:
Rain Dog wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:

As to AiA ---- as far as I know I have not seen him here. Posters here seem to have a "love him" or "hate him" attitude.

AiA is the New! Marmite
Haha --- you almost had me looking for a new poster called "Marmite"
Then it hit me :facepalm:

Marmite --- British Humor

As a Yank I have never tasted the stuff.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;


  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Asinine Arena (Enter at Your Own Risk)”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 49 guests