CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
User avatar
Rain Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:40 pm
Karma: 11

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby Rain Dog » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:32 pm

Born-Confused wrote:
Rain Dog wrote: Well Americans have no Monopoly on lack of curiosity about the world around them --- in fact I think Aussies and Kiwis might be even more insular than Yanks. I think it has to do with geographic isolation. At least a lot of Brits make it across the Channel into Europe.
Seriously??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ3RrqBqk14

Go USA

Image
Yes you probably will need to drink alot :beer1:

Uh-Oh ---- I thought it was pretty clear that I was posting in in she spirit of jest, irony, and sarcasm. And let's just say I am not a supporter of Bush-Cheney-Neocon Doctrine any way.

But you appear to have lived up to your monicker "Born Confused" and completely missed out on this.

Let me help you:


sarcasm
[sahr-kaz-uhm]
noun
1.
harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2.
a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.


irony
1 [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-]
noun, plural ironies.
1.
the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
2.
Literature.
a.
a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b.
(especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.

No idea who the fat chick in the photo is, but if you are posting your vacation photos of your trip to the states, you could at least let us know where your photo was taken.

Anyway -- no problem -- "Slag the Yanks" (and the resulting "Slag the Brits" backlash) may have been the funniest thread ever on k-440
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
User avatar
Rain Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:40 pm
Karma: 11

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby Rain Dog » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:37 pm

General Mackevili wrote:Going to move this to the Asinine Arena, as previously discussed, to clear up the General Chatter section.

#transparency

Looks like another form of censorship although burying a thread is not quite as bad as deleting. The Ironic part is I believe YOU started it and let it run over 200 posts before it no longer suited your purpose.

#Censorship #Sucks #Regardless #the #Forum #or #Method #Used
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
User avatar
Born-Confused
Expatriate
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 9:29 am
Karma: 0
Australia

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby Born-Confused » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:40 pm

Rain Dog wrote: Uh-Oh ---- I thought it was pretty clear that I was posting in in she spirit of jest, irony, and sarcasm. And let's just say I am not a supporter of Bush-Cheney-Neocon Doctrine any way.

But you appear to have lived up to your monicker "Born Confused" and completely missed out on this.

Let me help you:


sarcasm
[sahr-kaz-uhm]
noun
1.
harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2.
a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.


irony
1 [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-]
noun, plural ironies.
1.
the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
2.
Literature.
a.
a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b.
(especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.

No idea who the fat chick in the photo is, but if you are posting your vacation photos of your trip to the states, you could at least let us know where your photo was taken.

Anyway -- no problem -- "Slag the Yanks" (and the resulting "Slag the Brits" backlash) may have been the funniest thread ever on k-440
No shit Einstein - I too was being sarcastic, but I guess you missed that! Anyway, sarcasm is the wit of fools as they say.
BTW, I love the USA, just pulling your chain! The second pic can't be for real - I've never seen anyone in the USA that looks exactly like that, I mean the cross-bands are just so out of place :beer3:
User avatar
Rain Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:40 pm
Karma: 11

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby Rain Dog » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:50 pm

Born-Confused wrote: No shit Einstein - I too was being sarcastic, but I guess you missed that! Anyway, sarcasm is the wit of fools as they say.
BTW, I love the USA, just pulling your chain! The second pic can't be for real - I've never seen anyone in the USA that looks exactly like that, I mean the cross-bands are just so out of place :beer3:
HaHa :beer3: I could not Stand to look at that image long enough to note the cross-bands
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 12490
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 206
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby General Mackevili » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Rain Dog wrote:
Looks like another form of censorship although burying a thread is not quite as bad as deleting. The Ironic part is I believe YOU started it and let it run over 200 posts before it no longer suited your purpose.

#Censorship #Sucks #Regardless #the #Forum #or #Method #Used
Actually, we publicly decided that threads about K440 don't belong in the General Chatter section because it's just in the wrong category, and outs clogging up that section.

We even left a shadow (meaning a link is still visible in that section leading to this thread) so not a single bit of censorship involved man.

Again, you found this thread, didn't you? It's public, isn't it?

There are reasons that almost all forums are divided into sub-forums, etc.

And it's hardly buried. And definitely not locked.

However, several posters have voiced their opinion that this thread is asinine. We listen to our CEO members and they actually have the power to change things on here.

We are very light on the modding and very transparent.

And suited my purpose? What purpose "was" that that you are claiming has now stopped suiting? I'm not sure I follow you.

As always, thanks for your feedback! It's always taken into consideration. :good:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
User avatar
FreeSocrates!
Expatriate
Posts: 506
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 5:14 am
Karma: 0
Location: Phnom Penh, Phnom Penh
Canada

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby FreeSocrates! » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:29 pm

Rain Dog wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:Going to move this to the Asinine Arena, as previously discussed, to clear up the General Chatter section.

#transparency

Looks like another form of censorship although burying a thread is not quite as bad as deleting. The Ironic part is I believe YOU started it and let it run over 200 posts before it no longer suited your purpose.

#Censorship #Sucks #Regardless #the #Forum #or #Method #Used
One of my threads got moved too. I don't see it as censorship at all. I'm glad they cleaned up General Chatter. All the K440 threads were getting ridiculous (I'm part ridiculous too) but are indicative of how many people feel the same way - so it's a good compromise in my opinion.
The cedar roasted asparagus has good chew. I don't know how to enjoy it, so I'll Instagram it instead.
User avatar
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Posts: 8743
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am
Karma: 187
Australia

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby StroppyChops » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:36 pm

Rain Dog wrote:Just because you have communities all over the world does not make you any less insular.
I see your point. Respect.
Last edited by StroppyChops on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
User avatar
Rain Dog
Expatriate
Posts: 676
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 4:40 pm
Karma: 11

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby Rain Dog » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:39 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
Rain Dog wrote:
Looks like another form of censorship although burying a thread is not quite as bad as deleting. The Ironic part is I believe YOU started it and let it run over 200 posts before it no longer suited your purpose.

#Censorship #Sucks #Regardless #the #Forum #or #Method #Used
Actually, we publicly decided that threads about K440 don't belong in the General Chatter section because it's just in the wrong category, and outs clogging up that section.

We even left a shadow (meaning a link is still visible in that section leading to this thread) so not a single bit of censorship involved man.

Again, you found this thread, didn't you? It's public, isn't it?

There are reasons that almost all forums are divided into sub-forums, etc.

And it's hardly buried. And definitely not locked.

However, several posters have voiced their opinion that this thread is asinine. We listen to our CEO members and they actually have the power to change things on here.

We are very light on the modding and very transparent.

And suited my purpose? What purpose "was" that that you are claiming has now stopped suiting? I'm not sure I follow you.

As always, thanks for your feedback! It's always taken into consideration. :good:
Since you ask ---

1) Of course I found the thread --- you announced where it could be found -- :Bravo: to you for being #transparent about burying it.

2) Members were complaining about it because people are tired of the silly bashing between the two forums (like enough already after 1 month) Yet you were the one who put it in the top and most busy sub-forum ---- and let it run there for over 220 posts! EdwinWigan - Kindly and IMO (deliberately) tried to drag it off topic by posting his Uk post mocking the yanks. I thought this was cool and decided to support his effort by posting several replies to it --- to which others then replied to my replies and we has successfully dragged the k440 bashing off topic --- only then did you decide to bury it ---- and oddly IMO decided to reintroduce a criticism of K440 (bringing it back on topic of K440 bashing :facepalm: ).

3) It's fantastic you are listening to some of your members -- your nemesis also listens to Some of their members.

Anyway I think this thread has run it course so I could care less if you delete it or whatever. Just found the entire timing unusual.
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
User avatar
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:13 am
Karma: 0
Great Britain

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby EdinWigan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:04 pm

+1
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 7006
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Karma: 259
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: CEO and Khmer440 reach a GENTLEMEN'S AGREEMENT!

Postby Username Taken » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:09 pm

Image
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com


  • Advertisement
Booking.com

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Asinine Arena (Enter at Your Own Risk)”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests