How To: Attach Images And Videos To Posts.

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 6230
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Karma: 95
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: How To: Attach Images And Videos To Posts.

Postby Username Taken » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:22 pm

vng wrote:Anybody know how to attach gif file?
Exactly the same as any other image file. Stick it between the img tags (click on Img button).

:hattip:
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
BUD
Expatriate
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:58 pm
Karma: 0

Re: How To: Attach Images And Videos To Posts.

Postby BUD » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:29 pm

Hi UT . Hope it's not past beer o'clock yet! It's not about images. I can't work out how to put multiple quotes in the same post. I can if one is old and the other is on the topic review, but I can't make topic review go back more than 1 page. Can you help me please?
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 6230
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Karma: 95
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: How To: Attach Images And Videos To Posts.

Postby Username Taken » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:45 pm

BUD wrote:Hi UT . Hope it's not past beer o'clock yet! It's not about images. I can't work out how to put multiple quotes in the same post. I can if one is old and the other is on the topic review, but I can't make topic review go back more than 1 page. Can you help me please?
I guess that means that quoting as above you have no problem with, but you now want to also add a quote from a previous page or different thread.
I'm sure there are numerous ways to do it, depending on what kind of device you're using. Anyway, this is one way that I often use:

1. Go back to the post that you want to quote. Click on the 'Quote' button, then 'cut' the quotation. (As in Cut and Paste)

2. Hit the browser back arrow, then go to the next post that you want to quote. Click on the 'Quote' button.

3. You now have that post quoted in the 'write post' section. Now you just cut and paste the first quote which you have on your clipboard.

4. Continue, as above, as necessary.

Is that of any use?
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
BUD
Expatriate
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:58 pm
Karma: 0

Re: How To: Attach Images And Videos To Posts.

Postby BUD » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:45 pm

Thanks Mate! Gotcha! It took me awhile to work out how to "cut and paste" though. For knuckle headed dummies like me ( on a laptop with a USB mouse, using WIN 10) follow
UTs instructions. To "cut" right click, choose "select all", then right click again and select "cut". Then on Step 3, to "paste", right click and choose "paste". Simples, but I'd never done it before. Thanks again UT.
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 6230
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Karma: 95
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: How To: Attach Images And Videos To Posts.

Postby Username Taken » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:53 pm

BUD wrote:Thanks Mate! Gotcha! It took me awhile to work out how to "cut and paste" though. For knuckle headed dummies like me ( on a laptop with a USB mouse, using WIN 10) follow
UTs instructions. To "cut" right click, choose "select all", then right click again and select "cut". Then on Step 3, to "paste", right click and choose "paste". Simples, but I'd never done it before. Thanks again UT.
Eagerly awaiting a sample post.

:popcorn:
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
BUD
Expatriate
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:58 pm
Karma: 0

Re: How To: Attach Images And Videos To Posts.

Postby BUD » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:48 am

Username Taken wrote:
BUD wrote:Thanks Mate! Gotcha! It took me awhile to work out how to "cut and paste" though. For knuckle headed dummies like me ( on a laptop with a USB mouse, using WIN 10) follow
UTs instructions. To "cut" right click, choose "select all", then right click again and select "cut". Then on Step 3, to "paste", right click and choose "paste". Simples, but I'd never done it before. Thanks again UT.
Eagerly awaiting a sample post.

:popcorn:
Yobbo wrote:Instructions on how to insert pictures & vid's(and multiple quotes) for dummies like me(and me!) :hattip:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:nicely explained UT :)
Now I'm just showing off!
Actually, it took me ages. 2 quotes is easy. 3 seemed to introduce some other complexities. I'll keep practising.
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 8754
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Karma: 172
Location: Sihanoukville
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: How To: Attach Images And Videos To Posts.

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:33 pm

BUD wrote:
Username Taken wrote:
BUD wrote:Thanks Mate! Gotcha! It took me awhile to work out how to "cut and paste" though. For knuckle headed dummies like me ( on a laptop with a USB mouse, using WIN 10) follow
UTs instructions. To "cut" right click, choose "select all", then right click again and select "cut". Then on Step 3, to "paste", right click and choose "paste". Simples, but I'd never done it before. Thanks again UT.
Eagerly awaiting a sample post.

:popcorn:
Yobbo wrote:Instructions on how to insert pictures & vid's(and multiple quotes) for dummies like me(and me!) :hattip:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:nicely explained UT :)
Now I'm just showing off!
Actually, it took me ages. 2 quotes is easy. 3 seemed to introduce some other complexities. I'll keep practising.
haha im glad this post was raised as its something thats alwasy bothered me, as ive always done it the way UT explained, but alwasy thought i was doing it the "hard way" and that there was some simple logical way that i wasnt aware of, just like how you can easily add recent quotes by using the topic review...

its a weight off my shoulders, that i was actually doing it correctly :beer3:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
General Mackevili
GONK
Posts: 11827
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Karma: 90
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: How To: Attach Images And Videos To Posts.

Postby General Mackevili » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:28 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
haha im glad this post was raised as its something thats alwasy bothered me, as ive always done it the way UT explained, but alwasy thought i was doing it the "hard way" and that there was some simple logical way that i wasnt aware of, just like how you can easily add recent quotes by using the topic review...

its a weight off my shoulders, that i was actually doing it correctly :beer3:
Yeah, you would think phpBB forum software would have a feature like this built-in, but no.

Even tapatalk has a multi-post quote function. Just tap on all the posts you want to quote and it will highlight all them for you, and then you can hit the "post" button and it puts them all in your posts.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Looking for the best deals on hotels and guesthouses in Cambodia?

Book through Agoda:

Phnom Penh
Siem Reap
Sihanoukville
Kampot
Koh Rong
User avatar
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Posts: 8754
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:34 am
Karma: 172
Location: Sihanoukville
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: How To: Attach Images And Videos To Posts.

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:55 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
haha im glad this post was raised as its something thats alwasy bothered me, as ive always done it the way UT explained, but alwasy thought i was doing it the "hard way" and that there was some simple logical way that i wasnt aware of, just like how you can easily add recent quotes by using the topic review...

its a weight off my shoulders, that i was actually doing it correctly :beer3:
Yeah, you would think phpBB forum software would have a feature like this built-in, but no.

Even tapatalk has a multi-post quote function. Just tap on all the posts you want to quote and it will highlight all them for you, and then you can hit the "post" button and it puts them all in your posts.
Yeah on a the music festival forums in the uk they have a multi quote function


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 6230
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Karma: 95
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: How To: Attach Images And Videos To Posts.

Postby Username Taken » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:38 pm

Jamie_Lambo wrote:haha im glad this post was raised as its something thats alwasy bothered me, as ive always done it the way UT explained, but alwasy thought i was doing it the "hard way" and that there was some simple logical way that i wasnt aware of, just like how you can easily add recent quotes by using the topic review...

its a weight off my shoulders, that i was actually doing it correctly :beer3:
Alternatively, you can have several tabs open in your browser, hit the quote button in each one, then cut and paste to the thread that you want to reply to.

Or, if you just want to quickly quote a post from another post/thread, copy the text that you want to quote. Then in your Post Reply, you hit on the Quote button function thingy, then past the text between the
things. But then, you need to manually add who you are quoting, for example you would need add as in the red text below
[quote=Username Taken] <Paste text in here> [/quote < < <(deliberately left off the final ']' )


:hattip:
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com



  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Tech Zone”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests