Thief Gets Brutal Beat Down Outside TK Avenue, Toul Kork

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Thief Gets Brutal Beat Down Outside TK Avenue, Toul Kork

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh, Cambodia: A new video shows a thief catching a brutal ass whooping outside TK Avenue shopping centre/mall in Toul Kork.

I think it looks like he's actually knocked out two or three times after some nasty kicks to the head.

He seems to be limp and unconscious, then randomly jolts back to life and realizes he's back to the reality that he's just been caught stealing and is getting the living shit kicked out of him for it.

You can see the Toul Kork Tower in the background, and it seems like it's right outside TK Avenue.

It sounds like they said he was on a motorbike and snatched a bag, but it could just be the motorbike he stole.

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED:

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Thief Gets Brutal Beat Down Outside TK Avenue, Toul Kork

Post by General Mackevili »

Oops. Embedded properly now. ខ្ញុំ​សោក​ស្តា​យ
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

Too brutal for me to watch after the 2 minute mark or so. I bet most of those doing the kicking and punching just happened upon the scene and took the opportunity to get some ass-whooping in without knowing why or what he did or to whom. That clip shows the worst of human tendencies.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Soi Dog wrote:Too brutal for me to watch after the 2 minute mark or so. I bet most of those doing the kicking and punching just happened upon the scene and took the opportunity to get some ass-whooping in without knowing why or what he did or to whom. That clip shows the worst of human tendencies.
Yeah, even the guy filming this bolts across the street to get in on it! He would have won the gold in the 50 yard dash for it.

Seems like he kicks him a few times, and definitely puts his filthy foot on him as they're arresting him.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

^ I take it back. After looking at their picture, I kinda want to punch them too. A couple of desperate looking mongoloids.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

When people don't trust in the police, don't trust the judge. Hm... I couldn't watch it till it end.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

I understand that this sort of vigilantism will happen because people do not trust police or courts, but I think some people just pass by and want to kick someone when they're down. They do not care about justice or even know the situation; they just want an excuse to hit somebody who can't fight back.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

MekongMouse wrote:I understand that this sort of vigilantism will happen because people do not trust police or courts, but I think some people just pass by and want to kick someone when they're down. They do not care about justice or even know the situation; they just want an excuse to hit somebody who can't fight back.
Someone ? You refer to FC?
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Haha, no. He's referring to the people who get joy out of hitting someone who they know can't fight back. Shows the worst of mob mentality.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic