Chinese Worker Run Over While Crossing the Road, Sihanoukville.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chinese Worker Run Over While Crossing the Road, Sihanoukville.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Sihanoukville, Cambodia News: There has been a preliminary report that an unidentified middle-aged Chinese man was killed by a car while he was crossing the road along Independence Road in Sangkat No 3, Sihanoukville, at about 10 am on March 27, 2019. He was killed instantly on impact.
The deceased appears to be a Chinese national working in Sihanoukville, but police are still searching for anyone who is able to come forward to identify him. The driver of the car has been identified by police as a 21-year-old Cambodian man .
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Chinese Worker Run Over While Crossing the Road, Sihanoukville.

Post by Tarndog »

Look both ways before crossing, m'boy! Not too difficult, is it?
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

cambidians kileed by chinese drivers xxxxxx
chinese killed by cambodian drivers 1
console
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by console »

Tarndog wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:24 am Look both ways before crossing, m'boy! Not too difficult, is it?
Welcome to sihanoukville, your statement assumes it was not a planned hit on a underboss....
and you can almost guarantee it was.
Freelance coder / web developer. I make REAL web applications.
c#, NodeJS, Python... Contact ME !! I work for 50c beers !!!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Tarndog wrote:Look both ways before crossing, m'boy! Not too difficult, is it?
Thanks Captain Obvious.

The locals here drive fast, sometimes the wrong way, and often drunk. Horns are an optional use item.

I don’t even live in Cambodia but have gotten close to getting run over with even six eyes (mine and the missus, eight if she wears her glasses, too) looking out for me. And that’s during the day.

Elderly gentleman walking across the road by himself at night? Sorry, poor guy didn’t have a chance.

RIP.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

^^ So 'middle aged' is now 'elderly'? At what age is the cut-off?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:36 pm
Thanks Captain Obvious.

The locals here drive fast, sometimes the wrong way, and often drunk. Horns are an optional use item.

I don’t even live in Cambodia but have gotten close to getting run over with even six eyes (mine and the missus, eight if she wears her glasses, too) looking out for me. And that’s during the day.

Elderly gentleman walking across the road by himself at night? Sorry, poor guy didn’t have a chance.

RIP.
Another tragic accident. RIP.
In context, this is Sihanoukville and there are often Chinese people who cross the roads or walk on the roads without paying attention to traffic.
I'm not excusing what happened. No idea what happened in this case, but people wandering on the roads without looking has become yet another road hazard for drivers here.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Thanks Captain Obvious.

RIP.
Not at night. Was 10 AM

while he was crossing the road along Independence Road in Sangkat No 3, Sihanoukville, at about 10 am on March 27, 2019
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

There are a lot of similarities between Cambodian culture and Chinese culture.

A lot of Cambodians walk on the road without looking. It is only a matter of time before there are accidents.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

Arget wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:26 pm
Thanks Captain Obvious.

RIP.
Not at night. Was 10 AM

while he was crossing the road along Independence Road in Sangkat No 3, Sihanoukville, at about 10 am on March 27, 2019
We need to cut newkidontheblock some slack. He's still working on grade 1 comprehension skills. Elderly, at night.... :facepalm: :-o
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic