Koh Rong - the ultimate guide (for backpackers?)

Travel plans, advice, trip reports... we want to hear it all.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate

Koh Rong - the ultimate guide (for backpackers?)

Postby CEOCambodiaNews » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:12 pm

Just out - blog guide to Koh Rong. Mainly targeted at the backpacker crowd, but seems to be informative and up-to-date. However, it is pretty much concentrated on Koh Touch, main tourist centre on the island, and nearby beaches.
I’ve aimed to make this guide as packed full of information as possible, with info on everything from where to eat on the island, to how to get there, and what jungle critters to watch out for. All of the information that I’ve posted is up-to-date and correct as of April 2017, and I will be doing my best to keep it as up-to-date and accurate if possible.
http://travellingjezebel.com/ultimate-g ... -cambodia/
Cambodia Expats Online helping you stay connected to news and current events in Cambodia and surrounding areas.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy

Re: Koh Rong - the ultimate guide (for backpackers?)

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:59 pm

Fuck Koh Wrong
Ter Mtes Aii Na Del Min Chas Hel
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:00 am

5 years and still never been, came close last week, actually paid to go on the 30minute speed ferry, got to the pier, but decided to stay on and came back without even stepping foot on the island lol
got a bus to PP instead for a night out
Fourkinnel
Expatriate

Postby Fourkinnel » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:03 pm

Ive never been in 9 years. Keep meaning to do the 1 day return same day, as I have no intention of sharing the beach bars at night with tranced out sweaty soap dodgers.
Went to KR Salom when a western lady friend came over to see me in SHV. All I can say was nice beach, very quiet, some nice resto-bars, but glad we didn't stay more than 7 hrs and pay the $40 or so for a bungalow with no electric .
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:41 pm

Fourkinnel wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:03 pm
Ive never been in 9 years. Keep meaning to do the 1 day return same day, as I have no intention of sharing the beach bars at night with tranced out sweaty soap dodgers.
Went to KR Salom when a western lady friend came over to see me in SHV. All I can say was nice beach, very quiet, some nice resto-bars, but glad we didn't stay more than 7 hrs and pay the $40 or so for a bungalow with no electric .
yeah i went to that island 5 years ago, there were about 4 resorts on that beach, was great and stayed the night (was with my khmer ex) but one night was enough really
apparently its changed a lot now mate who owns dolphin told me last year there was something like 25 resorts on there now as he had just built one too
phuketrichard
Expatriate

Postby phuketrichard » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:48 pm

I went to both in 2008 ( and looked into investing in land- but didn't ) and it was lovely back than, but than we were also sleeping on Ronys sailboat
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
jaynewcastle
Expatriate

Postby jaynewcastle » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:15 am

A good & fairly accurate introductory guide to people who are thinking of visiting the island.

Despite the huge rise in visitor numbers in the last few years, there is still little information on the internet about the island to be fair
willyhilly
Expatriate

Postby willyhilly » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:38 pm

You didn't miss much Jamie, it's all pretty shit. Khmer islands are nothing like Thai islands.