yasmine restaurant at the pier, SHV

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

yasmine restaurant at the pier, SHV

Post by bolueeleh »

went to the yasmine at the pier this evening, ordered the falafel, best presentation i have seen in snooky so far, the falafel is crispy on the outside but soft and fluffy on the inside, but it needs more herbs and spices, kind of bland taste wise.

the falafel wetted my appetite so decided to order more, tried ordering pork ribs - NA, tried ordering chicken kebab - NA, tried ordering lamb kebab - NA, tried ordering fired calamari - NA

Gave up, feeling frustrated, paid and left

Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: yasmine restaurant at the pier, SHV

Post by rozzieoz »

Argh I hate that! We stopped going to Snooky's because after a few times of slower and slower service, the one night they had no beef. We've never been back for a meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Kind of surprised by that, but yeah the place is a bit off right now wrt the food/menu. although the Turk crew opened it a few months back, they've never really trained the Khmer chefs properly. My best mate, Cordon blue taught, who trained some of the Olive Olive cooks, is currently teaching another young Turk cook to take over the kitchen and become the main chef, and is also developing their new evening menu which should be out this week. Also if you order a latte/cap/etc., make sure the female cashier doesn't make it!
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

New night menus are out, prices are a bit higher than the day menu for similar dishes but the dishes are a bit more elaborate
i was told. Steaks are a bit expensive/small compared to MM and elsewhere but the place is more geared towards the tourists. Lamb will be available tomorrow it seems. can't comment on anything on the menu except the falafel which has improved and the turkish breakfast :thumb: as my friend is cooking a special dish tonite since the lamb is still marinating.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

bolueeleh wrote:went to the yasmine at the pier this evening, ordered the falafel, best presentation i have seen in snooky so far, the falafel is crispy on the outside but soft and fluffy on the inside, but it needs more herbs and spices, kind of bland taste wise.

the falafel wetted my appetite so decided to order more, tried ordering pork ribs - NA, tried ordering chicken kebab - NA, tried ordering lamb kebab - NA, tried ordering fired calamari - NA

Gave up, feeling frustrated, paid and left

Trying out the steak pita kebab, not too shabby. Home made bread, nicely marinated meat, lightly grilled veggies, ample french fries! Ate a quarter already.
Last night had a spinach feta stuffed chicken breast wrapped in cheese and baked with caramelised onions. Was a bit salty, i think they were suppose to put riccotta cheese but unavailable at the time. Salad was great, had a honey basalmic type reduction, and the veggies were lightly steamed.
Lamb and pork ribs are available too.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

him plenny good tucka
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Possible to have a shot or two of the menu ? :please:
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Anchor Moy wrote:Possible to have a shot or two of the menu ? :please:
Will try tomorrow. Easy enough to drop by and check it out, I think there's two different large menus, morning/day is a typical book menu and the other for dinner is like a large cardboard menu. Dunno why they decided to do that honestly?!
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

The kebab platter is quite edible as well. :clap:
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Turkish food sounds good. Do they have one of these thingies?

And, do they make wrap type things like these?

Delicious if made right. :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic