The fucking cunts at Thaivisa.....

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

The fucking cunts at Thaivisa.....

Post by soup »

I opened the site to read the news and what do I get? A big fucking ad that blocks the screen and loud music blaring out at me. I have an ad blocker, as most normal people do.

Count me as one more person that won't be visiting their site! thumbdown
Brewer
Expatriate

Re: The fucking cunts at Thaivisa.....

Post by Brewer »

soup wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:53 am I opened the site to read the news and what do I get? A big fucking ad that blocks the screen and loud music blaring out at me. I have an ad blocker, as most normal people do.

:twisted: Fuck those fucking cunts indeed. I went on to see if I got the same shit and also did. The site detects the adblocker, so throws up that big fucking nagging banner and some audio for a few seconds.

Ordinarily, that can often be dealt with by using Noscript on the site but the downside can be it has wider implications and impact on the site and pages' functionality. Such is the case here. Engaging Noscript causes functionality issues - very possibly by intent and design by the site's admin.

Stupid fucking cunts running websites just fail to grasp that adblockers and script spikers are so widely used precisely because of all the extraneous shite and annoying, possibly numerous, adverts. So guess what, Thaivisa, you stupid fucking cunts, it's now at least two people who won't be viewing your shitty site. Keep the adverts discreet, still image or text only, and don't throw in scripted popups nagware shit and I would have been a patron, maybe.
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

Brewer wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:17 am
soup wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:53 am I opened the site to read the news and what do I get? A big fucking ad that blocks the screen and loud music blaring out at me. I have an ad blocker, as most normal people do.

:twisted: Fuck those fucking cunts indeed. I went on to see if I got the same shit and also did. The site detects the adblocker, so throws up that big fucking nagging banner and some audio for a few seconds.

Ordinarily, that can often be dealt with by using Noscript on the site but the downside can be it has wider implications and impact on the site and pages' functionality. Such is the case here. Engaging Noscript causes functionality issues - very possibly by intent and design by the site's admin.

Stupid fucking cunts running websites just fail to grasp that adblockers and script spikers are so widely used precisely because of all the extraneous shite and annoying, possibly numerous, adverts. So guess what, Thaivisa, you stupid fucking cunts, it's now at least two people who won't be viewing your shitty site. Keep the adverts discreet, still image or text only, and don't throw in scripted popups nagware shit and I would have been a patron, maybe.
Didnt they sell the website for like 2 million baht, (thats when it went down hill).

Anyway that website is long gone, why even check it in 2017....
Imposter555
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Imposter555 »

reason they aint got no visitors reduced visitors is all the farang have decamped thailand. sure they got visitors now but they are chinese origin
anyhow i got ad blocker and script blocker in mozilla fire fox clone and dont see any ads and site works fine for me. no big banner to start.
Brewer
Expatriate

Post by Brewer »

Beerinthemorning wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:35 am
Anyway that website is long gone, why even check it in 2017....
As I indicated, to see if I also experienced the same issue as the OP. I did have a positive aspect to it, though. I did some research and experiments and now have a more robust anti-script and anti-adblock detector in place now. So thanks, Thaivisa, you stupid fucking cunts, I could come back and look at your site if it wasn't so shite. :plus1:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

:please:
look i hate ads as much as anyone and use ad blocker, but sites make money off ads ( either numbers shown or ones clicked thru on)
whats the big deal??
there's still plenty of expats that use Thai visa ( although true, number shave dropped in the past few years, for whatever reason ) and for any new comer to Thailand its the go to site for info.

PS ; I just logged in and although i saw that popup to stop using adblocker for 2-3 days its now not there>
no idea why as i did not change anything.

Maybe it only shows upon the first 10 times u open the site ( which would be really a neat idea) or maybe they heard to many complaints or maybe after a few days of being logged in you no longer see it.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

I block Java on that web-site. Most of the web-site functionality still works, and the web page loads at lightening speed with no adverts or pop-ups.

The TV home page has 60 adverts!! (according to my Ad Blocker software).

Basically, the revenue model that TV uses is completely broken
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i just clicked on the main homepage from google and got no banner ads or music?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
that genius
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by that genius »

I don't get any invasive adverts
chorlton
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)