New 2hr ferry service to start between Hua Hin- Pattaya

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

New 2hr ferry service to start between Hua Hin- Pattaya

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Chon Buri: A ferry service between Hua Hin district in Prachuap Khiri Khan and Pattaya will start on Jan 12 next year, according to the Marine Department’s regional office in Pattaya.

Aekarach Khantharo, head of the regional marine office, said the ferry service will ply between a fishing pier in Hua Hin and Pattaya’s Bali Hai pier, which has been improved to accommodate the service.

At the launch of the test run on Jan 1, ferries will leave the fishing pier in Hua Hin at 8.30am and travel to Pattaya. For the return trip to Hua Hin, ferries will leave Pattaya at 3.30pm, Mr Aekarach said.

Mr Aekarach said the ferry service concessionaire bought three large 38-metre long ferries from China, each with the capacity to carry up to 339 passengers.

The ferries can travel at speeds of up to 27 knots, and ferry rides are expected to last no more than two hours between Pattaya and Hua Hin, Mr Aekarach said.

Pattaya is about 345km from Hua Hin by road, but only 105km across the Gulf of Thailand...
Source: Bangkok Post
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: New 2hr ferry service to start between Hua Hin- Pattaya

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

It would be wicked if it was a proper ferry carrying motor transports.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

cant see it lasting at all
the two resorts appeal to totally opposite type of tourists.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

it's a great idea. how much will it cost.
More than just any old backpacker.
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

it may not even really be wanted. Hua Hin is somewhat sacred with the kings reidence and all. I enjoyed good seafood in restaurants right on the beach, at night I could see the city lights of Pattaya on the horizon. I would prefer keeping the two places apart.
phuketrichard wrote:cant see it lasting at all
the two resorts appeal to totally opposite type of tourists.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Have you forgotten that the Governor of TAT said only a few months ago that 'Girlie Bars are to go, . . . Tourists don't want that sort of thing'.

Big cleanup starting soon!!
OKW
Expatriate
Angola

Post by OKW »

true. I think tourists bound for Pattaya want and expect girlie bars, while many coming to Hua Hin don't. Nothing wrong with it. Both have their place.
Username Taken wrote:Have you forgotten that the Governor of TAT said only a few months ago that 'Girlie Bars are to go, . . . Tourists don't want that sort of thing'.

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Leaving aside Pattaya and Hua Hin as destinations - what about the transport side - road versus ferry ? Wouldn't it be better and more agreeable to take the ferry as a short cut, rather than taking buses, if you are leaving from that side of Thailand and then traveling on further than Hua Hin ? They say 2 hours for the ferry, how long does it take by road ?

I saw that this route by boat has already been tried, and that it closed due to lack of customers, but perhaps it could be a good extra means of transport for high season ? It seems sensible to get people off the roads as they get more congested.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

takes me an average of 6 hours to drive.

I find Cha Am much more charming plus does not get the traffic Hua Hin does. and only 30 minutes away
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

OKW wrote:true. I think tourists bound for Pattaya want and expect girlie bars, while many coming to Hua Hin don't. Nothing wrong with it. Both have their place.
Username Taken wrote:Have you forgotten that the Governor of TAT said only a few months ago that 'Girlie Bars are to go, . . . Tourists don't want that sort of thing'.

can you please quote properly okw?

your text should go underneath the quoted text not above
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic