Volunteering

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Marmoset
Tourist

Volunteering

Post by Marmoset »

Good day,

I will travel through SE Asia this summer and at the end of the trip I would like to do some volunteering work in Cambodia. I would like to get involved in an archaeological project (would be amazing in Siam Reap at the temples), but I cannot find any. Does anyone know where can I find some useful informations or anyone know a current project? Many, many thanks.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Re: Volunteering

Post by StroppyChops »

From memory the only major archeological work being done at the moment is on a newly discovered complex, but it's in the land-mine clearing phase which may take years. LIDAR reports in 2015 or 16 show a massive complex as big as or bigger than the AW complex. Seriously though, why not contact NatGeo or similar?
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic