$30M timeshare project for Sihanoukville.

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

$30M timeshare project for Sihanoukville.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

$30 million timeshare project readies to kick off construction
Thu, 2 March 2017
Siv Meng

ImageDrawing of the finished project. Shame they cut the top off - it's going to be gigantic.

A luxury condominium project in Sihanoukville that will operate on a timeshare basis – a first in Cambodia – is set to begin construction this month in time for completion in 2018.
The project, which includes a sky bar, coffee shop, gym, pool and a business club, will stand 32 storeys tall and will comprise 206 units, with each unit costing from $10,000.

Andrew J. Ahn, CEO of The Scarlet project, told Post Property that the condo development will be modelled as a timeshare project, a new concept in the Kingdom where customers can buy and use the building together, as well as renting it back to the company in order to lease it to other customers as hotel rooms. As a result, the owner of that particular unit will share the unit’s profit...

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/post-prope ... nstruction
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Re: $30M timeshare project for Sihanoukville.

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

I wonder where it is supposed to be located and if it might be okna Triep Piep project.
If the latest, to my bewilderment, it would be on the narrow peninsula that separates Ocheteal and Independance beaches. I have from a very reliable source that he is preparing to build a stupid high rise on that beautiful piece of land.
Even knowing the odds were very poor I was still hoping the authorities might do the smart thing for once, forgo the greed and make it a public park but of course not.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

used to have a timeshare condo at coolangatta, ozzieland, what a waste of time, wouldnt touch it with 10ft pole
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

LOL
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Barang_doa_slae wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:17 pm I wonder where it is supposed to be located and if it might be okna Triep Piep project.
If the latest, to my bewilderment, it would be on the narrow peninsula that separates Ocheteal and Independance beaches. I have from a very reliable source that he is preparing to build a stupid high rise on that beautiful piece of land.
Even knowing the odds were very poor I was still hoping the authorities might do the smart thing for once, forgo the greed and make it a public park but of course not.
My wife likes to go down there to picnic, apparently the land there has gone from worth nothing to selling for a fortune so I wouldn't be surprised. There's something with a lot of lights up there now.

It's the maintenance fees that's the killer with timeshare. Plus the fact that for the same money you can stay in a four star hotel whenever you want, wherever you want. That Taiwanese project seems to be the only one still going, D'Seaview now seems to have stalled, too.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

cptrelentless wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:28 pm
Barang_doa_slae wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:17 pm I wonder where it is supposed to be located and if it might be okna Triep Piep project.
My wife likes to go down there to picnic, apparently the land there has gone from worth nothing to selling for a fortune so I wouldn't be surprised. There's something with a lot of lights up there now.

It's the maintenance fees that's the killer with timeshare. Plus the fact that for the same money you can stay in a four star hotel whenever you want, wherever you want. That Taiwanese project seems to be the only one still going, D'Seaview now seems to have stalled, too.
D'Seaview is not stalled at all. Slowish, but not stalled. Have you actually been there? I was there last week and the underground garage almost done, and they have the crane now there and soon start the build of concrete framework.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

rogerrabbit wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:36 pm

D'Seaview is not stalled at all. Slowish, but not stalled. Have you actually been there? I was there last week and the underground garage almost done, and they have the crane now there and soon start the build of concrete framework.
I live right by it. It's been like that for nearly 8 months, still not out of the dirt.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

cptrelentless wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:20 pm
rogerrabbit wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:36 pm

I live right by it. It's been like that for nearly 8 months, still not out of the dirt.

Obviously you have not been inside the gates. I have been on the site 3 times in last 12 months. Last time, couple weeks ago, I talked with the engineers at the site too. Piling work was done 9 months ago. After that it was stalled for 3-4 months as they changed the construction company. Now concrete work for the garage is being done and crane put up. And within next month or so, the buildings framework construction is started. The whole complex is supposed to be ready end of 2018 and handover 2019.
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Post by bolueeleh »

cptrelentless wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:20 pm I live right by it.
you have my condolences :D
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

bolueeleh wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:37 pm
cptrelentless wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:20 pm I live right by it.
you have my condolences :D
It's not like it's an eyesore or anything. This is an up and coming suburb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic