Vacation Rental Business in Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CanadianMan679
Tourist
Canada

Vacation Rental Business in Cambodia

Post by CanadianMan679 »

Does anyone have any experience in vacation rentals in Cambodia or is currently doing this as their business that would like to share their experiences and pros/cons!
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Vacation Rental Business in Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

There is a huge oversupply of both residential and vacation properties here at the moment. Things are picking up but I feel it is still a very risky market to enter.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Re: Vacation Rental Business in Cambodia

Post by rogerrabbit »

I did short term rental arbitrage back in 2015-2018 in Phnom Penh. Very profitable back then, not so much now days because most of the local serviced apartments are also renting out their units in pretty low prices. Though most of the competition is pretty amateur level but just the sheer amount of it makes it hard now days. Probably could still work in Siem Reap or Sihanoukville. In Siem Reap because of the amount of tourist arrivals (if the tourist arrivals get anywhere back to pre-covid levels) and lack of true family style short term apartments. Could work in Sihanoukville due the lack of competition. The Airbnb data from Sihanoukville show pretty positive signs already now for the few units that are available there.

There is one niche vacation rental business totally missing in Cambodia currently which would work great. And it wouldn't rely on foreign tourists only either. Planning to work on this next year. PM me if you are interested hearing more.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic