VICELAND TV channel

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Rutiger
Expatriate

VICELAND TV channel

Post by Rutiger »

Vice Media LLC is a Canadian company that started out with a print magazine and then produced occasional investigative reporting programs for HBO. They now have their own cable TV channel. It's only been on the air a few days, but so far it'w quite interesting. They tell stories not usually shown and don't have to tone it down sicne they are on pay TV. I'm not sure they will be able to generate enough interesting new pieces for a full time channel, I imagine they will have to repeat shows again and again, but check it out if you can. You can problably view their content from their website too.

I'm watching an episode about underground bare-knuckle fighting in the UK now. Brutal stuff. The Irish-UK champion was just like Brad Pitt's character in the movie Snatch. Could barely understand a word he said. But he dispatched his visiting American opponent quite impressively.

maybe this should have gone in the Video and entertainment section.
Last edited by Rutiger on Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: VICE TV channel

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Rutiger wrote:Vice Media LLC is a Canadian company that started out with a print magazine and then produced occasional investigative reporting programs for HBO. They now have their own cable TV channel. It's only been on the air a few days, but so far it'w quite interesting. They tell stories not usually shown and don't have to tone it down sicne they are on pay TV. I'm not sure they will be able to generate enough interesting new pieces for a full time channel, I imagine they will have to repeat shows again and again, but check it out if you can. You can problably view their content from their website too.

I'm watching an episode about underground bare-knuckle fighting in the UK now. Brutal stuff. The Irish-UK champion was just like Brad Pitt's character in the movie Snatch. Could barely unbderstand a word he said. But he dispatched his visiting American opponent quite impressively.
the youtube channel has been going on for years, they cover some right crazy topics, theyve done a few on cambodia as well, mainly to do with the garment factories
but yeah check out the youtube channel
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Rutiger
Expatriate

Re: VICELAND TV channel

Post by Rutiger »

I just watched a Viceland TV report on the Pentacostal church in the US. Those are the people who jump and lurch about the floor and "speak in tongues" and keep yelling "JESUS" and all that during church services. Bless their hearts, they seem like normal, good-intentioned people but they are really creepy and bizarre in their church.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Rutiger wrote:I just watched a Viceland TV report on the Pentacostal church in the US. Those are the people who jump and lurch about the floor and "speak in tongues" and keep yelling "JESUS" and all that during church services. Bless their hearts, they seem like normal, good-intentioned people but they are really creepy and bizarre in their church.
here are some of the best ones...

heres some from cambodia...they got great sound tracks haha

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

Donkey sex is "weird"? You prude. :crazy:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

I was right, they don't have enough original content and they are repeating just a few shows they have again and again every few hours.

They did do an interesting piece on medical marijuana and it's alleged postitive reported effects on children and teens with cancer. The people they focused on swore by it's positive effects on their lives. Seemed convincing to me, even without the seeing medical data to back it up. If patients feel it helps them cope with the pain and side effects of conventional medical treatments (chemo, radiation., etc.) then no one, including any government, should be stopping that product from being readily and cheaply available. The kids typically use it in concentrated oil or capsule form, not smoking. Some adult patients swore the THC itself is helping stopping the cancer from growing, not just masking the pain or increasing appetite (seems quite dubuious) , but either way everyone must be allowed the God-given right to have it and find out for themselves. Must be "big-pharma" behind all the battle for medical marijuana legality.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Rutiger wrote: They now have their own cable TV channel. It's only been on the air a few days....
Is it on cable in Cambodia? I hardly ever turn on my TV.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

John Bingham wrote:
Rutiger wrote: They now have their own cable TV channel. It's only been on the air a few days....
Is it on cable in Cambodia? I hardly ever turn on my TV.
Not sure yet. I''ve been away since before their TV debut. They took over the channel that used to be called History Channel 2. I never noticed if that particular channel was available in Cambodia before the swtich.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rutiger
Expatriate

Post by Rutiger »

The more I see of Viceland TV, the more I see that their presenters/correspondants are the most annoying people on Earth, and should never be in front of a camera. Awful. They ruin the content of the shows.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's weird that Vice has gone from being the fairly obscure gonzo magazine it was in the late 90's to the Murdoch owned conglomerate it is today. It's still a site that I regularly check, it has some interesting articles. That debt collector program was good, I used to know fuckers like that.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic