Now Hiring in SHV! English teachers

This is our job board for expats. Until ZipRecruiter and Indeed make their way to the Kingdom of Wonder, this is the best place to look for employment in Cambodia, whether you're looking to teach English, manage a 5-star hotel, volunteer, or even work for some of the big NGOs. Even digital nomads who move to Cambodia sometimes need a side gig as a TEFL instructor from time to time. Most professional expatriate jobs are in Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap and Kampot are emerging as attractive alternatives. If you're an employer or hiring manager, you're also welcome to post your job listing here for free.
yolandi27
Tourist

Now Hiring in SHV! English teachers

Post by yolandi27 »

I'm seeking experienced teachers to join our team in Sihanoukville. This is a fantastic job with great pay and benefits.
We require a teaching certification and experience (preferably in your home country as well as Cambodia.) This is not a short term job for backpackers; we need trustworthy, dedicated, enthusiastic teachers whom are committed to doing their best for our students.
Please pm me for more information.
Have a great day :-)
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Now Hiring in SHV! English teachers

Post by taabarang »

I do feel that it is appropriate, in fact incumbent for you to furnish more general information such as:

1. What is the name of your school?
2. Salary range
3. Do you pay for the work permit?

With these details out in the open posters here will know if a pm is an appropriate next step.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
yolandi27
Tourist

Post by yolandi27 »

I agree %100. I'll need to speak with the president of my institution first to confirm details for the positions we'll be filling. I will post a more detailed job listing soon!
Thanks for your input. :-)
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

And thank you for your gracious acceptance of my criticism.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
Retardedwaitress
Expatriate

Post by Retardedwaitress »

Why would anyone qualified goto teach in SHV?
Damn man goto tokyo or shanghai or saigon .
SHV long term justs sounds like setting your self up to fail just look at yhe guys living there and you will see.
yolandi27
Tourist

Post by yolandi27 »

haha, I have to admit, I agree to that statement in part. That's why it's SO hard to find decent, dedicated teachers! :-) BTW - we have filled all of our key positions, in case anyone was still watching this thread. Believe me, there ARE some great teachers here, some are here because their wives/husbands are local, some because they have long-term connections in this community and really like the place - despite the negatives. It's not all bad! :-) I can save money, live a nice lifestyle, and I have the ability to make positive change and help to improve a system that desperately needs it.
Indeed - there are many nicer cities where qualified teachers can do well and enjoy a higher standard of living. It's not always easy here; but for me, it's the perfect fit.
Thanks to all who responded to my post - best wishes of luck, prosperity, and health <3
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

This was posted on FB yesterday if anyone's looking for an hour a day position.
Philip Wakeman
16 hrs

English language teacher wanted native speaker or similar level of English pronunciation and grammar. This is a small part time job that may in future grow but probably not in the short term. one hour a day Monday to Friday 5.30pm to 6.30pm. small class 12 students that may grow to near 20 students. age range 12 to 19 years currently. new course just starting. next Monday. Singapore Amicus International School Omui Street 18204 Sihanoukville Cambodia
phone 012488598
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic