Movie Requests

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
User avatar
Francis
Expatriate
Posts: 1116
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:29 am

Re: Movie Requests

Postby Francis » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:03 pm

Digg3r wrote:But WE can profile you...
I know. I'm not saying that I'm perfect.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
CEOVideos
Tourist
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Re: Movie Requests

Postby CEOVideos » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:25 am

Wait, it's asking for money? These should be free streaming videos... they are for me here. I suspect you're seeing whatever ads they embed in them. If it's showing for everyone I'll go with a different media provider.

[EDIT: Confirmed, you're clicking on the ads. Click the little x to make those go out of your way and there's a nice big play button to use. No payment needed.]
User avatar
Digg3r
Expatriate
Posts: 1357
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 8:55 pm

Re: Movie Requests

Postby Digg3r » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:31 am

Won't links to pirate movies screw up the sites Google shit?
CEOVideos
Tourist
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Re: Movie Requests

Postby CEOVideos » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:36 am

Digg3r wrote:Won't links to pirate movies screw up the sites Google shit?
If it does it's minor revenue if the result is users getting a happier experience. And I can always drop the adsense code from this subforum which will solve the issues with their policy.
User avatar
Digg3r
Expatriate
Posts: 1357
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 8:55 pm

Re: Movie Requests

Postby Digg3r » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:41 am

CEOVideos wrote:
Digg3r wrote:Won't links to pirate movies screw up the sites Google shit?
If it does it's minor revenue if the result is users getting a happier experience. And I can always drop the adsense code from this subforum which will solve the issues with their policy.
A yes or a no would have done. I'm even more confused now!
CEOVideos
Tourist
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Re: Movie Requests

Postby CEOVideos » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:45 am

Digg3r wrote:
CEOVideos wrote:
Digg3r wrote:Won't links to pirate movies screw up the sites Google shit?
If it does it's minor revenue if the result is users getting a happier experience. And I can always drop the adsense code from this subforum which will solve the issues with their policy.
A yes or a no would have done. I'm even more confused now!
More of a "Maybe, and if so no big deal."
User avatar
Francis
Expatriate
Posts: 1116
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:29 am

Re: Movie Requests

Postby Francis » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:23 pm

CEOVideos wrote:Wait, it's asking for money? These should be free streaming videos

[EDIT: Confirmed, you're clicking on the ads. Click the little x to make those go out of your way and there's a nice big play button to use. No payment needed.]
I have clicked on the little "x" (I'm an old little x clicker), but :D .......I've made some screenshots....

1. Wherever you click the site is asking you for your email address in order to open a free account

Image


2. If you have been stupid enough to give 'em your email so that they can spam you 5 times a day the following pops up: "thank you, you idiot......let's test how stupid you are....now we need your credit card details for a completely free membership :shock:

Image

I give you the guarantee that there will be another pop up once they have your credit card: EEhhrmmm......we forgot to tell you that only the first 500 mb are free. After that we are going to charge you a Dollar for every kb.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
CEOVideos
Tourist
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Re: Movie Requests

Postby CEOVideos » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:22 pm

To clarify, the videos play in the original CEO tab/window. Anything that pops up is just an ad. Get adblocker... as general internet life advice.
User avatar
Digg3r
Expatriate
Posts: 1357
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 8:55 pm

Re: Movie Requests

Postby Digg3r » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:43 pm

CEOVideos wrote:To clarify, the videos play in the original CEO tab/window. Anything that pops up is just an ad. Get adblocker... as general internet life advice.
Adblocker tracks your browsing habits more than the NSA...
User avatar
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
Posts: 4182
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 8:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Movie Requests

Postby OrangeDragon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:56 pm

What the hell kind of shit do you people browse that has you so paranoid about who knows it?

I mean I browse darkweb's hackspace stuff frequently enough to have some healthy paranoid when doing THAT... but for regular web surfing... who cares if the NSA/etc know I'm into Cambodia forums, economics and software development. The analyst in charge of reading my browser usage must be the most bored person on the planet.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Video And Entertainment”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests