Fake robbery and rescue set-up for gang rape.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Fake robbery and rescue set-up for gang rape.

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Woman Lured Into Rape After Robbery and ‘Rescue’
by Buth Kimsay | July 29, 2016

Two men have been arrested after an alleged gang rape in a Phnom Penh pagoda by a group of six who lured the victim by staging a robbery and rescue.

The woman was walking alone in Chroy Changva district’s Chroy Changva commune talking on the telephone at about 1 a.m. on Thursday after a dinner with friends when her phone was snatched from her hands, said commune police chief Chan Bunthoeurn.

A man then rode up on his motorbike offering help to take her to a police station, Mr. Bunthoeurn said.

But the man instead drove her into Prochhum Sakor pagoda, where five others, including the man who took her phone, pounced on her, raping her one by one, the police chief said. Mr. Bunthoeurn said all six men were known to the victim...
https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/woma ... ue-116050/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
bolueeleh
Expatriate

Re: Fake robbery and rescue set-up for gang rape.

Post by bolueeleh »

how much does 6 pairs of stocking costs?
Money is not the problem, the problem is no money
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

poor girl, gang rape, should have their dicks chopped off
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I know most rapes are committed by people who know the victim, but I don't get it... They assume she'll be shamed into keeping quiet? Good on her for speaking out.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

Been another gang rape by 5 guys, not going to translate it degenerates don't deserve the effort http://www.cen.com.kh/local/01994457
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:I know most rapes are committed by people who know the victim, but I don't get it... They assume she'll be shamed into keeping quiet? Good on her for speaking out.
I'm sure there's something more to this than is said in the article. Sounds like some sort of revenge for being slighted or something.

Or, even worse IMO, I read somewhere that this is what young Khmer dudes are doing for entertainment these days. The targeting and the planning are part of the "fun".

But yeah, good that some of the victims are speaking out against this. It really needs to stop. It is an understatement to say that this is anti-social behaviour - packs of guys ganging up on an easy prey for their amusement - they do not consider the women as human beings. The lack of empathy is scary, as is the fact that the guys think this is acceptable behaviour, and most of the time are not ashamed or remorseful.

Sociopath:
At their essence, sociopaths are social predators. Hallmark traits of sociopathy are a lack of empathy and a disregard for societal norms, the rules both written and unwritten that help keep the world safe and fair for all. The sociopath can be defined as someone who cares only for himself and lacks the ability to treat other people as human beings.
http://www.healthyplace.com/personality ... onscience/
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Rama wrote:Been another gang rape by 5 guys, not going to translate it degenerates don't deserve the effort http://www.cen.com.kh/local/01994457
Only three of them managed to rape her and then she fell unconscious before the other two join. Will get the whole translation done soon.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

This is the article I was thinking of. Never mind if it's been posted before: Why Some Men in Cambodia don't Think that Gang Rape is Gang Rape. http://www.pri.org/stories/2013-09-13/w ... -gang-rape

Extract:
At 24, Samnang looks like many Cambodian men his age, dressed in a fitted plaid shirt and skinny jeans. Samnang is not his real name; he’s only agreed to let me record our conversation if I don’t identify him. He’s not shy, though, when asked about the first time he and his friends forced a woman to have sex.

What Samnang is describing is gang rape. But he doesn’t call it that, and he seems surprised when asked if what he’s doing is illegal.

“To be honest,” he says, “I’ve never thought about the law. All I’m thinking about is how I can make money and have sex.”

This carefree attitude toward rape has been troubling advocates in Cambodia trying to reduce violence against women. More than a decade ago, researchers turned up an unexpected phenomenon in interviews with young Cambodian men.

Some described gang rape scenarios as an almost casual activity. They even had a name for it–bauk–which translates as “plus” in the Khmer language.

“When they spoke about it, it wasn’t with any sense of embarrassment, or any sense of boasting,” says David Wilkinson, a consultant who led some of the first research detailing gang rape in Cambodia. “It was just a matter-of-fact thing, that this is what we do at weekends, the same way you or I would play football or cycle or whatever.”

Many appeared to see it as a form of male-bonding, mixing in bauk as part of their weekend revelry.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote:This is the article I was thinking of. Never mind if it's been posted before: Why Some Men in Cambodia don't Think that Gang Rape is Gang Rape. http://www.pri.org/stories/2013-09-13/w ... -gang-rape

Extract:
At 24, Samnang looks like many Cambodian men his age, dressed in a fitted plaid shirt and skinny jeans. Samnang is not his real name; he’s only agreed to let me record our conversation if I don’t identify him. He’s not shy, though, when asked about the first time he and his friends forced a woman to have sex.

What Samnang is describing is gang rape. But he doesn’t call it that, and he seems surprised when asked if what he’s doing is illegal.

“To be honest,” he says, “I’ve never thought about the law. All I’m thinking about is how I can make money and have sex.”

This carefree attitude toward rape has been troubling advocates in Cambodia trying to reduce violence against women. More than a decade ago, researchers turned up an unexpected phenomenon in interviews with young Cambodian men.

Some described gang rape scenarios as an almost casual activity. They even had a name for it–bauk–which translates as “plus” in the Khmer language.

“When they spoke about it, it wasn’t with any sense of embarrassment, or any sense of boasting,” says David Wilkinson, a consultant who led some of the first research detailing gang rape in Cambodia. “It was just a matter-of-fact thing, that this is what we do at weekends, the same way you or I would play football or cycle or whatever.”

Many appeared to see it as a form of male-bonding, mixing in bauk as part of their weekend revelry.
theres an interesting documentary about Bauk i watched a year or 2 ago here mate http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/101 ... 25918.html
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic